New Camera

Nice! I was all set to buy one then had to drop the coin on my fork instead.:mad: I'll have to get one before summer though. Is that the 1080?

Love it! Got to get me one of those.

The crash on the berg could've been bad! Got a kick out of how you said "sorry"...sure you're not Canadian?

I was going to get the 1080 but that looks really good and they are cheap.

The PNW has some awesome diverse terrain that is legally accessable. Its on my list. My wife may have to do a business trip to Seattle this year and I can likely tag along.

Hawaii is like another planet. I've ridden all over Kauai, and hiked a lot in Oahu and the big island. The Hawaii riders have my utmost respect, if your a technical rider this is the place.

Glen, Not all te riding you see in my video's is "legal"

The 960 seems to have plenty of resoluton. I have heard the newer top of the line GO pro and Vholdr have a way you can view your subject real time. I got rlucky with this Go PRo as it was aimed pefectly on my first try. It took me awhile to get the vholdr i used to have set up righgt. If you are deciding between the two the Go PRo is far more robust than the Vholdr particularly the case. The switchs on the vholdr are a little weak as well, in my opinion.

Oh and you guys are right we have some awesome terrain here, from lush fern filled forest to high alpine meadows and everything in between.

Glen, Not all te riding you see in my video's is "legal"

OK, I won't tell.

Yeah the GoPro is the only choice. The only thing with the 960 is you can't do the 720 DPI @ 60FPS, no 1080, and no port for an extra battery. Does this matter?

I was worried about the resolution as well, but the video the 960 produces looks fine to me. THe higher the resoltution the bigger the file of course. My computer isn't quite up to what go pro recomends so the 960 was an easy choice for me. I do need to get another card and a spare battery. If you wanted to capture a 3 hr race I could see where having the ability to have multiple batteries hooked up ready to go would be nice. I rarely ride for more than an hour ar two without stopping so I have no need for long record times.

Just got my 960 in the mail yesterday. Cant wait to play around with it.

It will be fun to video the kids riding. Lots of memories to capture.

I have a 1080 hd hero and the 60fps looks great in slow mo, but it takes a lot of space on your card, i've never used the 1080 res, the 960 looks great and takes less space.
Shot this riding the husky. I use the pal mode so it's 50fps then slowed down 50%. It's not uploaded in hd so the quality is so so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCwT8gP2vDM

Here are a couple pics of my crude chin mount,

Newoldbike025.jpg

Newoldbike023.jpg

Back