13383-37FG0 NEEDLE, JET (NECL)
13383-37FH0 NEEDLE, JET (NEDF)
13383-37FJ0 NEEDLE, JET (NEDG)
13383-37FK0 NEEDLE, JET (NEDH)
13383-37FL0 NEEDLE, JET (NEDW)
13383-37FM0 NEEDLE, JET (NEDJ)
13383-37FN0 NEEDLE, JET (NEDK)
13383-37FP0 NEEDLE, JET (NEDL)

I'd suggest either NEDW/NEDJ as a starting point. NECW and NECJ are your half clip leaner alternatives if you wish to fine tune. Not sure about the bikes in the states, but here in Australia we get assorted pilots and mains with the bike. Should be working around the 40/42 and 172-178 range.

Jersey 95 this is why I love this forum ,these guys really are helpful . I am taking this all in as I am getting my new 300e in a week or 2 !

So just to be clear. I am just installing the nedw needle (at least to start). No other jet changes? What position for the clip. I understand jetting is based on conditions and different for every bike. Just want to get the best starting point.

Jersey 95 this is why I love this forum ,these guys really are helpful . I am taking this all in as I am getting my new 300e in a week or 2 !

It is really interesting that a lot of people bash Gas Gas, but this is a very active forum. Go on the Beta forum and there are crickets.

So just to be clear. I am just installing the nedw needle (at least to start). No other jet changes? What position for the clip. I understand jetting is based on conditions and different for every bike. Just want to get the best starting point.

Yes! Start it where you current needle is. It will make your bottom end richer and or fatter. Then go from there and experiment with which works the best for you. You may have to go up on the pilot at some point.

I'd start with 40 NEDW#3 175 on a 300. Ride and evaluate. If its breaking up at 1/4 throttle and then pulls smooth but slow, raise it to clip 2 and try again. Then you can consider dropping the main to a 172 if you feel you need the overrev, but it'll likely pull clean with a 175. Adjust air screw for response. If you're under 1 turn from seated go richer on the pilot, or further than 2 out go leaner.

Thanks Jacoby I cant wait to get and dial in my new ride ! :) Jersy95 do you want to ride in some Pa rocks on Saturday ?

Thanks Jacoby I cant wait to get and dial in my new ride ! :) Jersy95 do you want to ride in some Pa rocks on Saturday ?

I have to visit my wife's family on Saturday, so I doubt I will have enough time to make it out to PA. PLEASE PLEASE keep me in mind though for next time and I will do the same.

Ride report #2

Got another full ride today. Ran the "wet" map and the power was more manageable. I also think I am getting use to the power as well and using more precise throttle control. I was having a better time of things and really enjoying the strong bottom end. I will still try out the NEDW needle.

Getting use to the handling and this thing turns really well. I still think my Husky is the king of the very tight, but so far this bike shines everywhere else. Might just nees to spend more time. Power and traction up hills seems second to none. The brakes are good but not as good as the Brembos that come on the Husky.

I am definitely carrying more speed and whoops are so much easier on this bike. My buddy noticed that I was significantly carrying more speed in the chop. Suspension is sweet. I am more than happy so far. I set sag at 105mm. Compression 18 clicks out, rebound 19 clicks out. Preload on the forks turned all the way out. Once the suspension breaks in I may stiffen them up but so far so good. Free sag was 25mm after setting race sag, so that tells me I am right on the edge of needing stiffer springs. I am around 182lbs without gear so not sure where that falls into the range on stock springs.

Onto the clutch. I was having some issues. At a standstill engagement is good but once I get going and start using the clutch the lever seems to stick in the 1/2 pulled position. I have to pump it to get it to release. Also at times even when fully engaged the bike still wants to move forward and will stall on the very tight. After some full throttle runs I basically have no or little clutch. That is why I asked about the fluid. I bought some magura and bleed tonight. I hope that is the problem. I had the same problem last week and changed crankcase oil to Motul Synth 10-40 before today's ride and same thing.

Other than the clutch and some jetting the bike is super and was worth every penny. I don't know if my Husky will be fun anymore.

Installed NEDW and it runs very clean. Very smooth throttle response. Didn't have a chance to test in trails but very hopeful. Also finally installed a 50 tooth sprocket should give me more assertive bottom end. Now waiting for new clutch parts and hope that resolves all my issues.

Got a first full ride with the new needle. Bike ride runs awesome. Much better than stock. Smooth strong power everywhere but no more "on/off" switch. It still hits but the transition is so linear. Even more power from the mid through the very top. A real screamer but yet very manageable with a clean bottom. It felt just a tad lean but I am thinking that had more to do with the 37F ambient temperature. Can't wait to try some race fuel on a warmer day.

Thanks to all the recommendations. That needle is everything everyone said and more.

Good work mate. Glad to hear the bikes coming together for you. Once through this getting to know eachother period you should see many hours of happy times together.

Installed NEDW and it runs very clean. Very smooth throttle response. Didn't have a chance to test in trails but very hopeful. Also finally installed a 50 tooth sprocket should give me more assertive bottom end. Now waiting for new clutch parts and hope that resolves all my issues.

Glad to hear things are coming together for you. Out of curiosity, where did you get that needle? I'd like to try that on my 2013.

Thanks,
Chuck

Back