Ride Report and some help desired.

The porting on the gasgas is already pretty good for broad smooth power, if you had Eric port it to be more like the ktm 200, then imo, you went the wrong way as far as porting for torque is concerned. When jetted correctly the stock gasgas 200 engine already dorks the stock ktm 200 as far as torque is concerned.

The PV only affects the power delivery further up in the rev range, so I would expect it to be the same in the low revs with it disconnected and connected.
If you have it jetted lean on the pilot and small throttle openings, with a sufficiently rich portion as the bike comes on the pipe this would give you the explosive power delivery you talk of. Going bigger on the pilot and/or raising the needle may help with weak bottom end, but as GMP stated, most of us are in un charted waters now that the porting has been changed.

First as stated before porting does nothing to your jetting....

Didnt realize this was a 39mm I thought it was a 38....notice it says 250/300 not 200...that thing is 2mm too big for a 200...

I had a Husky CR125 with a Uptite 195 kit and FBF ported it....I had the carb bumped from the stock 36 to a 37 and it flat ripped on top and suffered a little on bottom...this was with a high compression head also...went back to 36mm and it was much better.....

A 250/300 sucks air/fuel from the carb MUCH harder/faster than a 125/200 will...so with a larger carb you may get the right amount of air/fuel to the motor but it still will not get there near as fast as a 36mm will get it there....now once you get it revving out it will absolutely scream on top...but wont be ridable...

Also, the PV on most machines is "closed" if the PV is not working which will make it in the best position for bottom end....

Ride Report is Good

I changed out that RB modded carb for my old 300, the stock carb was then put on with good results.

The low end response is better and the bike is more fun to ride. It feels like it is getting closer.

Jetting was 45 pilot 175 main, ddk #4. strong hit little bit better low end.

I also noticed the bike hesitating sometimes around the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle range. some funny noises were coming from the exhaust under load from hill climbs. 2nd gear 1/2 throttle style hillclimbs were the only time i heard it.

Would like the smoother power, so the search continues...

whats the preferred gearing for this bike in the tightest woods conditions...east coast style with hills, steep short ones?

I changed out that RB modded carb for my old 300, the stock carb was then put on with good results.

The low end response is better and the bike is more fun to ride. It feels like it is getting closer.

Jetting was 45 pilot 175 main, ddk #4. strong hit little bit better low end.

I also noticed the bike hesitating sometimes around the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle range. some funny noises were coming from the exhaust under load from hill climbs. 2nd gear 1/2 throttle style hillclimbs were the only time i heard it.

Would like the smoother power, so the search continues...

whats the preferred gearing for this bike in the tightest woods conditions...east coast style with hills, steep short ones?

Change the needle and you'll change the power delivery. You have a heap at your disposal so start playing and find which one works best for you. Be careful though.. it can become addicting!

Hi ,

Thanks again for the tips, its been very helpful. The NEDH needle has been with me for a week now. I started with clip 4 but the 3rd seems a little bit cleaner and smoother. I really do prefer a more linear power delivery. and with torque if it can, the 200 just seems like it lacks the power I want. I sometimes wish I had the 300 still but the weight of the 200 rules. for some reason i thought shorter tighter gears would give the bike more power. Geared this low it still can bog going up the steep hills if I dont have lots of momentum. in short, its more difficult to ride well & fast compared to that old ktm 200.

This is the current jetting NEDH clip 3 175 that I just changed to a 170
45 pilot a/s 1 turn. The kawi needle was very similiar I thought N3WH. Jersey devil over on the ktm forum really likes this one as well as the spooge uki needles.

I was able to put a 52 on the rear but I still have to find my 13t for the front. The next plan is to get some taller gearing. I have run 12/51 12/52 the stock 13/48 and the 12/48. None of these felt ideal.

The suspension sure feels better. You know its working when you dont even have to think about it. I really dont like the stock triple clamps. even torqued at 10ft lbs they will stay crooked and are next to impossible to get straight again. Any one try the brp clamp with success????. I have never owned a bike with clamps that act like this...The gassers handle excellent but if the bars and clamps get crooked so easily I might as well be riding a lawnmower to the woods. :)

I really dont like the stock triple clamps. even torqued at 10ft lbs they will stay crooked and are next to impossible to get straight again. Any one try the brp clamp with success????. I have never owned a bike with clamps that act like this...The gassers handle excellent but if the bars and clamps get crooked so easily I might as well be riding a lawnmower to the woods. :)

i never had a problem with triple clamps. the top nut has a tendency to loosen up, that's about the only problems i've had....

:confused:??? I don't get this either. Even in my biggest get offs my forks stay straight, and my lowers are torqued very light. KTMs with the old 43s were really prone to twisting but not any GG I've had. Clean the clamping surfaces with scotchbrite and contact cleaner.

Not as much a big crash as just the right hit... I would say its the clamp before the fork... You would notice the fork action more

we could try a lower torque on the clamps, say 7ft lbs. I already have the lower pinch bolt removed since day 1. I just got the forks back from LTR, and the clamping surface is clean. the worst crash on this bike so far is dropping it on the right from a poor log leaping, doesnt seem like enough to bend or tweak anything. If anyone wants to come out and ride and help with the set up of this 200, I can find another bike and we can sample some of the local dirt. There is excellent year round riding.

I know, I've been to HI several times and have ridden there, wish I could come and help.:(

Happy New Year!

We had a sweet mud ride Christmas eve, the oem tires showed their true colors so we just put some mx 31's on for Christmas :)

I found a 36mm carb from an 05ktm 250. I just put that on today and the bike feels like it has more response off idle. I have kept the same jetting as before.

NEDH #3
42 pilot
172 main
A/S 1 turn.

The bike is quick! pretty good low end in the yard, the mid and top come on strong!!!! i think it will be too strong when the going gets tough. Fuel efficiency doesnt seem as good as I am used to getting with other previous 2smokes.

We also put the 48T rear back on, with the 12 up front it is very close to a ? 13/51? This seems like a good gearing for us right now.

Does the 11' six days 200 come with a 2k2 ignition? I would like to try a flywheel to tame the hit some. i am running the 'rain' switch setting.

Happy New Year!

We had a sweet mud ride Christmas eve, the oem tires showed their true colors so we just put some mx 31's on for Christmas :)

I found a 36mm carb from an 05ktm 250. I just put that on today and the bike feels like it has more response off idle. I have kept the same jetting as before.

NEDH #3
42 pilot
172 main
A/S 1 turn.

The bike is quick! pretty good low end in the yard, the mid and top come on strong!!!! i think it will be too strong when the going gets tough. Fuel efficiency doesnt seem as good as I am used to getting with other previous 2smokes.

We also put the 48T rear back on, with the 12 up front it is very close to a ? 13/51? This seems like a good gearing for us right now.

Does the 11' six days 200 come with a 2k2 ignition? I would like to try a flywheel to tame the hit some. i am running the 'rain' switch setting.

Funny you say you'd like to tame the hit aswell :) All the 2011 bikes came with the 2K3 ignition. You can double check by looking at the LHS flywheel cover. Thinking of it as a clock face a 2k2 has the wires coming out at approx 10am. The 2k3 at 2pm.

Glad to hear you're having some positive results with the two hungey!

Cheeee hooooo! Lots of fun!!

Could I put a fww on the 2k3 or is it preferred to just go with the mellower 2k2 and a fww?

Cheeee hooooo! Lots of fun!!

Could I put a fww on the 2k3 or is it preferred to just go with the mellower 2k2 and a fww?

The 2k3 is like already having a heavy weight the 2k2 is the one that raps out quick and hits hard. I have a 2k2 with a 10oz weight and it's about 1/2 way between the two.

Back