Sherco

I had done a search for a Sherco forum with no luck. On Sunday I got an email from a Sherco rider who gave me an address for one. www.shercoforum.com
I typed in the address and could not get it to pull up. I told the guy who emailed me and he got in touch with the administrator and he fixed it and now it works.
Anyway...I had asked Jeff to build a forum site for Sherco. Luckily he had not started that project so we don't have two now!
The site is pretty small. I would appreciate it if you guys would log on and register as members and help boost their membership and numbers. I will stop posting Sherco stuff here and put it on that site.
I'm not trying to get anyone to leave this site....just to get GG info here and Sherco info there.
Thanks for helping an even smaller brand! :p

out of curiosity, what is the pricing on the Shercos? REason i ask is that in South Africa they have also just started bringing them in and they are coming in at about $11,000 for the 300 4t (to put it in perspective a 2013 GG 300 or KTM 300 2t is about $9,800)

out of curiosity, what is the pricing on the Shercos? REason i ask is that in South Africa they have also just started bringing them in and they are coming in at about $11,000 for the 300 4t (to put it in perspective a 2013 GG 300 or KTM 300 2t is about $9,800)

Matt,
The Sherco 300i Race is $9199. The Gas Gas XC300 E Start Race is $8599.
Clay

I know I said I was not going to post anything else on this forum about the Sherco but it seems the activity on that site is pretty small still.
Anyway....I rode the 300i RAce today. It's sweet. Good power. No hiccups or coughs with the EFI. The gearbox is good, the brakes are good and it turns like a GG! I still don't understand how the trials companies get a bike to turn so good without head shake in the faster stuff. The suspension was too soft since I am about 50 pounds heavier than the intended rider (gotta visit the Peterbilt factory again for springs).
I had to adjust the brake pedal height and that was about it. I am still a 2T guy but I think I could race this bike with no problems with just adding the correct springs.

I think the membership over there will pick up when the 2-strokes show up. Have you had a chance to ride the X-Ride? If you have and would post it up either here or there that would be great.

It just picked up one more! :cool:

Happy to help out. I also posted a link on GOR about the new endeavor.

I think the membership over there will pick up when the 2-strokes show up. Have you had a chance to ride the X-Ride? If you have and would post it up either here or there that would be great.

John,
I haven't ridden the XRide. I did not airfreight one of thos here. They should be here in about three weeks and I can give you more info then. I appreciate you guys going over to the Sherco forum to register. I agree that it will get bigger when the 2T's get here.
Clay

Shipped out 30 Shercos yesterday. My son rode one in the National Enduro this past weekend and did well on it. They are great bikes!

What's your assessment of the "suspenders" ?

They seem pretty good. Typical WP stuff, which is saying quite a bit. Probably undersprung for most guys here in the US. I honestly haven't ridden the bike myself enough to offer an opinion but Zach was very happy with the bike. He literally had 30 minutes on it before he raced it and he kept getting faster in each section.

Dang, now I will have to sell one of my two gassers, ZRX1100 & 65 fairlane 500 so I can buy a Sherco!

Back