Smart Carb vs Lectron vs RB-Designs Mod

I think it is more piece of mind for me. Bests the ol' tap the kill switch routine.

I exchanged emails with Troffer88.

He highly recommends the longer throttle cable.

I highly recommend the Motionpro T3 cable, for peace of mind :D Sure beats having to safety wire the normal cable at both ends. Just thread em on and snug down the locnut.

The consensus is the Kelly-modded metering rod with the stock-length power jet, and the Motion Pro T-3 throttle cable (get that when I order?).

Remote choke: si' o no? I take it the Keihin choke assembly is not compatible?

From whom should I order the Lectron?

MotorSportz or Lectron? Neither one is being particularly courting of me. :(

I kind of like to be wooooed some.

Edit: What's this "Power Ring" thing? http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/products/parts-1.html

powerringmachinedforfilter.JPG

I highly recommend the Motionpro T3 cable, for peace of mind :D Sure beats having to safety wire the normal cable at both ends. Just thread em on and snug down the locnut.

I would use it even if I did not have the Lectron.

With my Lectron I had to remove the locking cable nuts at both ends in order to get the carb slide to go all the way down. How bout you Jake or Tim? Which is no big deal but curious if you did as well?

I worked with Kevin @ lectron when I ordered mine.....Kevin went out of his way to make it work.....several shipments to and from......but just couldn't get it right.......
Hind site......i should have kept the crab for my EC 200.
My delemi was the lectron was too long, would not fit on my Yamaha 125.

I couldn't get the T3 to work with the adapter I got with the Lectron so went back to a normal motion pro 2.5" longer gas gas throttle cable. I was advised after though that adapters were available for the threaded cables.

You can make the stock cable work, I have a under bar damper so it made it even worse. I just didn't like it being as tight as it was, seemed like a stuck throttle just waiting to happen with the carb end safety wired in . The Motion Pro cable Lectron sells was perfect .

I ordered the Lectron this afternoon.

Carb plus remote choke plus MP T3 throttle cable plus iddy biddy brass adjuster.

I ordered the MotoSportz metering rod but kept the standard length power jet tube.

I have bucked the trend by trying a 36mm bore.

I like copious bottom, and Mr. Lectron tells me the 36mm will give me gobs of bottom over either the 38mm Keihin or the 38mm Lectron, along with a good mid range boost over the Keihin. He even predicted some slight top-end gains over the Keihin. The Keihin gives me more top than this short-shifter usually needs.

Dave at TSP has found the 36mm gives the best spread of usable power for trail work too (confirmed on dyno). The gains through the low to mid range outway the slight loss of total peak, which isn't that much down on the 38mm anyway.

Ya coulda told a guy.

I anguished over my decision !! ( Anguished !! )

----

So, howz the 36 ? On a 250 or 300 ?

Back