Super fast idle after removing cable choke

One thing I noticed on the cable choke that I removed it has this hole in it. The plunger choke I installed was solid

Attachments

• 9A506B83-7696-4CB4-A9ED-2D2AED060E41.jpg
    9A506B83-7696-4CB4-A9ED-2D2AED060E41.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 20
Make sure the carb is seated in the manifold properly.

If it's not sealing between the carb and reed block it'll suck air and increase your idle. Same goes for other end of carb too, however the front manifold usually needs to be moved a bit to get the 14mm open ender on to change the choke assembly.

The hole is to lock the cable end in.

Check the free play on your throttle cable.
And all the intake hose clamps.

I didn?t loosen the manifold, I just did the two hose clamps on either side and rotated the carb. I did tighten them back

Need to watch the throttle cable on these bikes, one snag and its wide open. I always safety wire both ends to prevent it from pull out. I sure that Motion Pro has a replacement cable, just haven't looked yet.

Motion Pro #10-3000 . This is a good cable, captive at both ends, however i have experienced water seeping into the top of the carb. I could never get a proper seal. Went back to stock.

Motion Pro #10-3000 . This is a good cable, captive at both ends, however i have experienced water seeping into the top of the carb. I could never get a proper seal. Went back to stock.

Interesting John,

I've always used the motion pro cables too, for reasons listed above. On my last bike I did notice a bit of sediment inside the slide which would indicate that some water had made entry.

I recall having similar issues with a stock cable and a Lectron; to a greater extent.

I might have a good look at the motion pro on installation on the new bike.

What was happening with your throttle cable?

It was my own stupidly. The jacket was pulled away and bound up by the throttle. When I was accessing the bottom of the carb I rotated it towards the right side of the bike and put tention on the cable. This was before I realized I need to take the cable out before trying to rotate it that way. I put the jacket back correctly into the throttle and opened it a few times and it?s back to normal.
At least that?s what I think happened.

Yeah. As above, if you grab the throttle and give it a pull it'll pull the end out of the throttle housing and subsequently pull the slide up.

Not so much fun if your bum bag/tool roll/fanny pack is forward facing and snags up on the cable. Bike takes off forward, body gets yanked back pulling the cable more, making it even more difficult to get back forwards to recover. Keep fingers on the clutch; and even better to wire tie the cable ends or use a captive cable.

Thanks for your answer,

I'm french, and my english level is not very good, and the google technical translation was not very good either!

but I think I understand what you explained. I will look at the insertion of the cable in the handle.

Thanks for your answer,

I'm french, and my english level is not very good, and the google technical translation was not very good either!

but I think I understand what you explained. I will look at the insertion of the cable in the handle.

Yes the insertion of the cable in the handle was the problem.

Back