Twisted Engineering carbon handlebars- Anyone have them?

pscook

Platinum Level Site Supporter
I am looking at Twisted Engineering's carbon handlebars. For $400 you can get a complete set up with upper mounts and handguards. Anyone have experience with this set up? I searched the forums and the lovely "search feature" brings back so much noise that I couldn't find anything relevant here. I read some positive reviews on other sites, but I'm looking for other recent experiences with the bars.

Thanks!

I could not find that thread anywhere! Thanks for posting it up.

Any members wish to share their experiences?

I also found these bars-
http://www.odigrips.com/odiflightcontrolserieshandlebars750mmlength-2.aspx
Controlled flex with a sliding cross bar. Anyone have experience with these?

Yes, I have money burning a hole in my pocket. I figure if I get something sweet for the 300 I won't be as tempted to pick up that 2003 200 in the classified.

I have read that thread several times. It's been (almost) a year now, and I was wondering if anyone had a report. I'll keep digging, but if anyone has a report/review on longevity or other considerations I would love to hear it.

Surprisingly little information out in the world on these, I figured they would be more popular after the price dropped and they became more accessible.

The three club members that have them are rock riders. Dropping the bike on boulders is an every-ride occurance. No damage.

Slightly off topic, I see they say they can only be used with their hand guard system, anyone running them with the fastway fit system? Seems to be very similar type of setup

There system clamps on the ends of the bars. Instead of going on the inside the bar ends like in a typical mount. The force created to hold the bark busters would damage the bars.

I would not try to re-engineer their hand guard mounting system. Carbon Fiber is very strong in certain dimensions and weak in others. Snapping those things and falling on the broken ends and shards could look like a horror movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

In their FAQ all they say is that their handguards allow the bars to flex and I am guessing this is at the triple clamp end where it attaches the same way as the fastways do

I hate it when bark buster's slide in a crash or drop. And is why I use the threaded bar end inserts. I wonder if U could ever get these tight enough not to twist with just one tightening point. And possible fatigue at that spot.
If this is a non issue, I would love to have a pair.

You'd think that. :)

I haven't seen it, although one buddy says whe would like the outside part of the guard (the circle that clamps to the end of the bar) to me another mm or so thicker because it has bent ever so slightly.

You could always mod the outside of the clamp somehow by adding material, or a full wrap around plastic deflector. You would not want the edge of the CF falling on rocks. What do the feel like compared to Flexxbars with say, the medium elastomer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have a set on my Husaberg. I think they are great...and light! However, I'm only running the flag type handguards that came stock on the bike. I am a believer in full wraparound handguards because they have saved my fingers more than once with impacts with boulders. I know, I should just stop running into rocks, LOL!
I like that they (the Composiflex Bars) flex well (I have the 3x flex) in all directions, not just a single plane. I do have two sets of Flexx Bars as well and love them. As far as comparing the two, it's hard to say that one has more action than the other because they are on different bikes. I use the blue elastomers on the Flexx bars. Both are great products that increase comfort in rough terrain. I hope to see more handguard options available for the carbon bars in the future.

Back