Video I made showing a different perspective (GoPro facing rider)

CDBiker220

Hey, Just made this video yesterday after I decided to make a camera boom that faces back at the rider. I've seen it done before but isn't that common so I thought I'd try it out. Did this on my 12' GasGas 300. Didnt go all out editing or filming this was more of a test than anything else but wanted to see what people think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntICtCUNnjM

Last edited:
Hey, Just made this video yesterday after I decided to make a camera boom that faces back at the rider. I've seen it done before but isn't that common so I thought I'd try it out. Did this on my 12' GasGas 300. Didnt go all out editing or filming this was more of a test than anything else but wanted to see what people think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntICtCUNnjM
I like it...make sure to keep it out of the low hangin' branches:D Turn the boom around, and try aiming the cam forward(from behind you), and see how that works out

Cool perspective, I'd break my neck when I do my get offs! I'd like to see it from behind also. Do you feel the weight when it's out that far?

You can definitely feel the weight even though I made it about as light as it could be made. It pulls your helmet down slightly and made breathing correctly more difficult. Mabye I will try to film it from behind sometime, the setup might be a bit tricky though.

There's a guy here locally, that has a sticky mount on his left boot. It's pretty cool to see the full range of the forks, during their travel. You see down the the trail pretty good, but makes for a very busy vid to watch.

I like it! that's a great angle to show people how much the body has to move to work the bike under you. most people watch the typical helmet cam and have no clue whats actually happening. you haulin ass too.

That is a cool angle. However it gets a bit tiresome to watch in the long run, you might want to use it in shorter cuts.
Maybe a counterbalanced boom setup migth help a bit with the helmet pull. Extend the boom a bit on the opposite side and attach some small weigth. It migth make the whole setup heavier but make it easier to use. Just an idea..

Yea a counterbalance may be helpful, also that video was just a quick test. I agree it gets old. I plan to use the view in addition to others in future videos that i put more effort into the filming and editing of.

I thought it was cool . But I wouldn't use that though. I dont want to see how goofy I look riding. :D Also would be a good P.O.V. for training. I could post a vid and everyone could quickly tell me what was wrong with my riding .

Nice riding, trails, and video perspective.. but totally unpractical. I have issues mounting my go pro on the helmet without having it snag up on trees or vines. No chance of running a boom.

Like others have said, it really shows how much is going on with the chasis as opposed to solid head mounts where it looks like you're just rding on a cloud. I think the view from behind would be pretty good too for editing purposes. Or if you could make an attachment for the chasis where you can run the boom up/out from the rear fender you could catch some other sweet angles too.

Very nice! Your creativity is appreciated. Keep em coming and thanks for sharing.

Jason

Really cool video! It really shows how hard the body works plus you were Haulin ass!! I would like to see more.

I would need a bigger parts budget for the bike and chain saw if I could ride right from my house. NIce video.

Back