VIN Decoder

Please help. I just bought my first gasgas and it was advertised as a 2013 200xc but according to how you guys are decoding VINs on here, that’s not what it is. It needs some work and I need to know what model it actually is to order the right parts.

VIN: VTRECE2C7DG200004
Shiny spot on the case reads: EC20
I can't help you with the VIN, but if you post a picture or two, I can perhaps tell you what year it is.

Well, I may have promised too much... Its not that easy. It is definitely 2012 or later, the 2011 frames were completely different. The 2014 came with Reiger shock if memory serves me well. Since you have an Ohlin, that should make it a 2012 or 13.

Does it have an aluminium subframe? The 2012 had a composite one.
It seems like an aluminum clutch cover? The 2012 had a plastic one, I think.
How does top of the forks look? Is it a Marzocchi PFP48 is the real question.
Do you have the externally adjustable exhaust valve? I presume not. But if you have, there should be a big hex right above the waterpump on the RHS. I think those were a 2014 feature. Or perhaps 2015.

On a side note; what parts do you need? Most parts will be intercahngeable in the period 2012 to 2017.

To all the other oldtimers out there; please correct me if I'm wrong. My memory is not that excact, unfortunately.

Well, I may have promised too much... Its not that easy. It is definitely 2012 or later, the 2011 frames were completely different. The 2014 came with Reiger shock if memory serves me well. Since you have an Ohlin, that should make it a 2012 or 13.

Does it have an aluminium subframe? The 2012 had a composite one.
It seems like an aluminum clutch cover? The 2012 had a plastic one, I think.
How does top of the forks look? Is it a Marzocchi PFP48 is the real question.
Do you have the externally adjustable exhaust valve? I presume not. But if you have, there should be a big hex right above the waterpump on the RHS. I think those were a 2014 feature. Or perhaps 2015.

On a side note; what parts do you need? Most parts will be interchangeable in the period 2012 to 2017.

To all the other oldtimers out there; please correct me if I'm wrong. My memory is not that excact, unfortunately.
Good to know! The subframe seems plastic and I took a pic of the forks. I assumed they were marzocchi. It’s gonna need a rebuild soon because when I drained the gearbox oil it looked a little cloudy like the water pump gasket might be leaking coolant into it. I drained and replaced it. Gonna run it 10-15 hours and drain it again to see because everything else seemed tight besides busted up plastics. Are all 200 engines the same from 2012-2017?

Back