What Reeds question=help

wheelie

I did a search but didn't come up with the answer, so figure to ask you all.
Does anyone know what reeds will fit a 2000 GG250? It has Boysen on the tag of read holder, it looks like the stock setup, same that is on my 03GG200.
Need to order asap, help :o
Thanks

I did a search but didn't come up with the answer, so figure to ask you all.
Does anyone know what reeds will fit a 2000 GG250? It has Boysen on the tag of read holder, it looks like the stock setup, same that is on my 03GG200.
Need to order asap, help :o
Thanks

Does the reed block look like anything posted in this thread?
Theres a few cross overs thrown around, I never did find out about a reed petal with 2 screw holes per reed.
I ended up using a Boyeson PSR-21, which I believe is from a 96 YZ250, which has 3 screw holes per reed
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12762

Its the old OEM Boyeseen RAD valve, used on pre '05 bikes. You can get these directly from Boyeseen if need be. There used to be both Carbon Fiber and Fiberglass options. Should be same as a Honda CR250 RAD valve if no GG app listed.

Okay, thanks guys...I have the 3 hole. Ordered the YZ 1990-96 Boysen power reeds.
Plan on racing the 00 this weekend and still chasing a mid range bog. Thnaks again:cool:

I have a spare set still in packaging for my '00, Boyesen part number is RL-02, should say the 2nd set, one of which I am currently using. This is the "power reed" if that makes a difference. Not carbon fiber. And they're identical to the original ones that I replaced.
:D

8001835974_ea8ab60e64_z.jpg

Last edited:
So what are you guys saying, that you have a different reed block that takes YZ reeds? The only OEM reed blocks I've seen on GGs were Boyeseen RAD valves through '04, and MT VForce 3s '05 to present. The bolt pattern in the cases is same as a Honda CR250.

So what are you guys saying, that you have a different reed block that takes YZ reeds? The only OEM reed blocks I've seen on GGs were Boyeseen RAD valves through '04, and MT VForce 3s '05 to present. The bolt pattern in the cases is same as a Honda CR250.

Yep. '96 YZ250 reeds, PSR-21 for my reed block, or RL-02 as pictured as an alternate. And yes, Boyesen has them in stock, unless you find some on ebay for a ridiculously low price. An my package had three reeds instead of two, I think that Boyesen wasn't paying attention to that particular package.

Please show me a pic of this reed block, this is news to me. Back in '04 I designed and built my own manifold to use a VForce II on an '03 EC250. There were no other options for a separate manofold/reed valve, just the integrated RAD valve. A friend here from Sweden did the same thing. If there was an option at the time I think one of us would have found it.

Does the reed block look like anything posted in this thread?
Theres a few cross overs thrown around, I never did find out about a reed petal with 2 screw holes per reed.
I ended up using a Boyeson PSR-21, which I believe is from a 96 YZ250, which has 3 screw holes per reed
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12762
daylightbad.jpg

It's not the Rad valve, it's Boyesen. Well, it was for my 2002 and all of the others in that year range. If you have four reeds it's the Rad valve, if you have two reeds it's the Boyesen PSR-21.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=76462&postcount=14

Please show me a pic of this reed block, this is news to me. Back in '04 I designed and built my own manifold to use a VForce II on an '03 EC250. There were no other options for a separate manofold/reed valve, just the integrated RAD valve. A friend here from Sweden did the same thing. If there was an option at the time I think one of us would have found it.
The block below is what was on my bike. According to Boyesen it is the stock manifold for the 2002 XC300 and the '96 YZ250. It's all that I know about it. Bought reeds for a '96, the PSR-21, and they fit perfectly. I'm not trying to be obstinate, it's just what I found, and several others have found, too.
IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

I have a spare set still in packaging for my '00, Boyesen part number is RL-02, should say the 2nd set, one of which I am currently using. This is the "power reed" if that makes a difference. Not carbon fiber. And they're identical to the original ones that I replaced.
:D

8001835974_ea8ab60e64_z.jpg

Well those above are the ones I need...BUT, didn't get lol. I needed them quick so when looking through the old posts I thought it said get the 90-96 yr YZ 250 reeds. My bad I jumped the gun.
Here is what I got...
I'm at work now so cant match up size, but mine are the 2 hole not the 3 (when I say 2 hole I don't mean the screw holes, but the reads themselves).
Big question if they match up size wise could I use the the 3 hole and get by or will it not work right?

here is the pic of what i got
downsized_0920121254_zps34d97aab.jpg

downsized_0920121247_zpsb8cf1390.jpg

Well those above are the ones I need...BUT, didn't get lol. I needed them quick so when looking through the old posts I thought it said get the 90-96 yr YZ 250 reeds. My bad I jumped the gun.
Here is what I got...
I'm at work now so cant match up size, but mine are the 2 hole not the 3 (when I say 2 hole I don't mean the screw holes, but the reads themselves).
Big question if they match up size wise could I use the the 3 hole and get by or will it not work right?

here is the pic of what i got
downsized_0920121254_zps34d97aab.jpg

downsized_0920121247_zpsb8cf1390.jpg
I can't say if yours will fit. I just noticed the three reed holes in your picture, not at all like mine. I know that mine were for exactly one year of YZ250 (1996), I seem to remember that I didn't want to order for any other year. The customer service rep at Boyesen agreed that I wanted the reeds from 1996, not from any other year.

Just as I thought, you have a Boyeseen RAD valve. All RAD valves are integrated reed block/manifold. Also, many take the same replacement reeds, and are all the two petal type. I know for a fact the CR250 RAD and OEM GG reeds are the same size. In fact the entire RAD valve is almost the same with the GG having a more acute spigot angle.

So what you did is order replacement reeds for a YZ with a STOCK reed block, not a RAD valve.

grrr...I imagine that these 3 pedal wont work in a pinch until the get the correct rad valve ones?
Thanks

Just as I thought, you have a Boyeseen RAD valve. All RAD valves are integrated reed block/manifold. Also, many take the same replacement reeds, and are all the two petal type. I know for a fact the CR250 RAD and OEM GG reeds are the same size. In fact the entire RAD valve is almost the same with the GG having a more acute spigot angle.

So what you did is order replacement reeds for a YZ with a STOCK reed block, not a RAD valve.

My apologies, I was confused on terminology. So, I ordered reeds for a stock 1996 YZ250, and they fit on the GasGas XC300 Boyesen RAD valve. Got it. I think. And you are saying that the CR250 reed block will bolt into place? Interesting. Any performance difference between the CR250 and the RAD valve?

No need to apologize. No, the reeds in that pick DO NOT fit the GG RAD valve. They are for the stock reed block of a YZ250. Look at the RAD valve, its clear, it uses a reed with two larger petals, not three.

I just made a similar mistake. I ordered 1996 YZ250 reeds for my GasGAS. My reed block looks like this.

I didn't order the 1996 yz250 Rad Valve Reeds. I ordered the ones for the YZ250 stock manifold. So reeds don't fit.

Boyesen just got back to me today. For my bike, 2003 EC250, the PSR-21 just doesn't fit but is the replacement for my bike.

Back