What Reeds question=help

My apologies, I was confused on terminology. So, I ordered reeds for a stock 1996 YZ250, and they fit on the GasGas XC300 Boyesen RAD valve. Got it. I think. And you are saying that the CR250 reed block will bolt into place? Interesting. Any performance difference between the CR250 and the RAD valve?

So the verdict is, the PSR-91 for 92-97 CR 250 is the correct replacement reeds for my 03 300ec?
http://www.boyesen.com/rad-valve-replacement-reeds-61.html

I recently changed out the V-Force on my 2007 250 to a Boyesen RAD Valve I had on hand from my old 2000 EC300. I'm sure I used the PSR-21 Carbon Pro Series reed and the fit looked good. I have 4 rides on it so I can verify that it works, too. I will see if I can find the reed package to verify.

Eric

Just as I thought, you have a Boyeseen RAD valve. All RAD valves are integrated reed block/manifold. Also, many take the same replacement reeds, and are all the two petal type. I know for a fact the CR250 RAD and OEM GG reeds are the same size. In fact the entire RAD valve is almost the same with the GG having a more acute spigot angle.

So what you did is order replacement reeds for a YZ with a STOCK reed block, not a RAD valve.

This is what I am basing my previous query on.

So the verdict is, the PSR-91 for 92-97 CR 250 is the correct replacement reeds for my 03 300ec?
http://www.boyesen.com/rad-valve-replacement-reeds-61.html

The PSR 91 are stock YZ250 reeds. I used them on my 2002 XC300. If your reed block looks like mine does in the picture, then they will work for you. If your reed block doesn't lok like mine, than I can't help. GMP confused me, apparently the RAD valve is universal, and I didn't have the RAD valve. I can see if I have the old reeds lying around for a comparison if you want. Get me the dimensions or at least a picture of your current reeds and I'll see what I can dig up.

I just verified: PSR-21 Carbon reeds just went into my RAD valve which was out of a 2000 or so EC300. The RAD valve with the carbon fiber reeds seem to start making power at an earlier RPM than the V-Force. This configuration also likes a richer needle diameter.

Eric

Back