2019 ec300 fuel

Well the jetting seems to be getting sorted, put the NECW needle in on clip 3, pilot 40, airscrew 1.5, float set at 1' above parallel of the base, went out and did a test ride and I found a marked improvement through out the range, I just need to do a distance ride to see if its cured its heavy drink problem....

43851694990_f7ff43c722_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0056 by andrew wiley, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nice one, well done and thanks for keeping us updated. Glad you got it sorted.

Don't forget to get the Main Jet sized correctly before you start doing any fast Wide Open Throttle riding.

It's looking very smart.

All the best, Dave.

Nice one, well done and thanks for keeping us updated. Glad you got it sorted.

Don't forget to get the Main Jet sized correctly before you start doing any fast Wide Open Throttle riding.

It's looking very smart.

All the best, Dave.

Thanks Dave,

What main jet would you be aiming for I was thinking the 175 will be ok ???

What main jet would you be aiming for I was thinking the 175 will be ok ???

Comparing it to other people's jetting that are using the AS2 carb (that's what your bike will have) then the 175 main should be close.

If you're going to be racing and running at WOT then I would definitely do a 'Plug Chop' just for peace of mind.

Alternatively, if you have time and a selection of main jets available, then start with a big main jet that will be obviously rich, like a 185, and start going smaller until you feel it pulls and revs cleanly at WOT.

All the best, Dave.

P.S. I just arrived back in the UK for a few months, would be good to go and watch some off road/enduro events around the Midlands/Yorkshire/Derbyshire, is there any coming up or can you give me a website where I can find them?

Last edited:
Anyone who can ride a 300 at WOT should have a works mechanic to do their jetting!

You could kick off this weekend with the Dirt Bike show at Stoneleigh

http://www.dirtbikeshow.co.uk

GasGas have a stand there. There is a list of exhibitors on the website.

Going to the dirtbike show sunday, and John shirt who imports gasgas dosn't live very far from me so I can get bits and bobs really easily..
Ps my mechanic is on holiday :-)
Dave look on enduro news they list all the events going on all around the country...

jetting

Another update on the jetting progress, so today was a full on testing day, settings from yesterday have been updated, NECW on position 3, 42 pilot, air screw 1.5 turns out... Overall a cleaner running set up and she's nice and snappy when needed, the fuel usage seem to be more realistic now...

Another update on the jetting progress, so today was a full on testing day, settings from yesterday have been updated, NECW on position 3, 42 pilot, air screw 1.5 turns out... Overall a cleaner running set up and she's nice and snappy when needed, the fuel usage seem to be more realistic now...

That's great news. Hopefully now you can concentrate on the riding. :)

All the best, Dave.

Just one more update after I have made all the changes to the jetting and needle etc, well today we did a 114 mile ride good mixed going, fast open, muddy ruts and technical stone climbs and decents.
Set off with a full tank and only put 6.4 ltrs in all day thats a massive difference from the beginning of this thread, the bike runs brilliant, nice smooth power delivery but bags of power when you need it, very nice and controlable on the technical rough climbs then a very nice sing as you give it the beans....
Thank you to everyone thats has helped with suggestions and advice it definitely made me smile today...:):):):):D

Sounds like you've had a good day. :)

Great to hear you've got it sorted, nice one.

Now blow them Japs, Austrians and 4 strokes into the weeds! :D

The gasser is getting better every ride, update on the fuel usage, 37 mls to our 1st fuel stop and only had to put 5.2 ltrs in, and there was quite alot of fast going, on one lane she managed 80 mph no trouble...
The spooge was very small she is running so clean and responsive just having a blast riding her....

One small moan, has anyone rode in the dark ??? the dam headlight reflects towards the rider because its inset in the number board but hay ho just one little moan........

46046687491_782cebbd84_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0122 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/143285930@N08/, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply mrquick. Thank you for your answer. Maybe I'll give the NECW needle a try, I have one in my spare parts box. I am currently running a JD kit and happy so far, except a little bit of spooge.

However, good to hear that yours is fine now. Have fun with it ! ;)

Cheers Doc

One small moan, has anyone rode in the dark ??? the dam headlight reflects towards the rider because its inset in the number board but hay ho just one little moan........

Check out Motominded.com . They offer a plug and play ADJUSTABLE light pushing 4900 lumen for newer GG bikes.

Nice bit of kit. Unfortunately, the UK price after import duties and taxes makes them over 300 pounds sterling.

Almost worth a cheap air ticket and an empy suitcase to buy up all the US made goodies.

Further improvements to the 300 have been made...
1. Fitted a S3 head with the standard insert, this has made the bike ride really smooth and for lugging around technical stuff its brilliant...
2. Gear box oil, tried ATF it made a small improvement in clutch feel but it was still noisy and hard to find neutral, so tried 5/30 fully synthetic, its made the gear box nice and quiet, gear change positive and neutral slips in, great feel to the clutch in general now...
3. Power valve noise on decents and when trundling along road sections, so I have striped the power valve out and found alot of sideways movement so I made a stainless shim, placed it on the water pump side of the barrel, I basically halved the play in the valve and boy what a difference its made its quiet as a mouse now...
4. Replaced the exhaust O rings on the barrel the factory ones are rubbish also one of factory rings I removed I placed in the exhaust where it meets the barrel..
The bike is so good now its a joy to ride, it sounds so good everyone comments how good it sounds when its on the pipe and it goes like rocket when needed and then smooth and torquey on the rocky stuff...
O one more thing I have put a 49T rear sprocket its brilliant...

Back