GasGas, New Investors

I've been playing this out in my mind a lot lately, really hoping for the best.
I imagine KTM's interest is mostly to get into trials, and maybe the kids bikes.
The only way I'd be ok with the outcome, is if they leave the Gassers as a separate line with their own engines, KYB suspension etc.
If they turn them into red KTM clones, or kill the Gasser line of enduros it's going to be a sad day. The loss of diversity in enduro bikes really sucks.

I've been playing this out in my mind a lot lately, really hoping for the best.
I imagine KTM's interest is mostly to get into trials, and maybe the kids bikes.
The only way I'd be ok with the outcome, is if they leave the Gassers as a separate line with their own engines, KYB suspension etc.
If they turn them into red KTM clones, or kill the Gasser line of enduros it's going to be a sad day. The loss of diversity in enduro bikes really sucks.

I'm 100% with you. Everyone that rides the new bikes loves them. It would be a shame for them to go away.

57c2e48c7064c754b7bacba1dfd6cc50.png

From the interview with Pierer in the new cycle news :-(

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
TPI for 2020 models

TPI to continue selling bikes in Europe is the logic for switching to KTM engines
Unless they adapted it to Gas Gas engines, which would likely cost more than just switching so quickly
I'm sure many won't like this, but they have to think about their bottom line
It's business ?
just my opinion/ speculation
Thanks for posting that Elvis74

Guess I'm in the minority on this news. Probably because I suspect the majority of my 2013 isn't even from Spain, just assembled there. The latest platform is solid and got Gas Gas on somewhat equal ground, finally, but it was far from ground breaking in any way and where were they going to get the cash for the next edition or expanding the line? Sherco? Right now if S.P. is being truthful we will have somewhat less variation but still a choice. I'm going to wait and see what they come out with. It may be really good. If not, there are excellent alternatives. It is ok for us consumers.

My immediate thoughts are for the people that may be out to lunch after this restructuring. Their passion to try to make this a go is commendable and hopefully they land on their feet. I'm sure this is a very stressful time for them. Whether my bike is assembled in Spain vs. Austria is very insignificant compared to the disruption in people's lives.

The Gasgas engine is a jewel and if changed will turn it into another boring cardboard cut out Ktm. I hope that is true, but seems like it is.

The Gasgas engine is a jewel and if changed will turn it into another boring cardboard cut out Ktm. I hope that is true, but seems like it is.

I also think that the engine makes the gasgas a gasgas.

I agree, but the engine is due for an update. It's heavy and long in the tooth. If they could keep the GG characteristics and reduce the overall size and weight that would be a win, however I don't think KTM will do that based on the above statements.

You have to admit all the top tier bikes are good. We're just an eccentric bunch that doesn't like the mainstream.

About parts. I get most of my parts through the Part-unlimited catalogue. I'm really not worried about getting parts for either my '99 or '00. I was planning on getting a bike next summer. I don't know what I'll get, we'll see what happens in the market.

Maybe this will cause resale value to drop even further and I can get a used 2018 replacement for my much beloved but aging 2011. I'm trying to look on the bright side but I do feel a great sense of loss - I fell in love with Spanish bikes 50 years ago when I got my first Bultaco. If GasGas goes the way Husky did then they won't be a GasGas anymore than french made Shercos are modern day Bultacos.

Maybe this will cause resale value to drop even further and I can get a used 2018 replacement for my much beloved but aging 2011. I'm trying to look on the bright side but I do feel a great sense of loss - I fell in love with Spanish bikes 50 years ago when I got my first Bultaco. If GasGas goes the way Husky did then they won't be a GasGas anymore than french made Shercos are modern day Bultacos.

I feel the same way completely. I love my 2011 but a replacement would be a wise move. I called around and there has been a rush to buy all the 2018s and 2019s models including the Chile Six Days. They are almost all gone now. The dealers say that they will get a shipment of 2020s in November or December including the Rangers. Well shucks, I have been torn up about this all week.:confused:

Are there an. News about the spare part availability for the original GasGas models?
Will KTM taking care of this?

Are there an. News about the spare part availability for the original GasGas models?
Will KTM taking care of this?

Honestly you can pretty much get everything from the aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KTM MotoGP rider Johann Zarco just bailed on KTM. Pit Beirer is in way over his head. It seems the 2020 KTM off-road and mx bikes just received minor updates and the Research and Development cash is going into the MotoGP effort.

https://sports.yahoo.com/zarco-enjoy-australia-motogp-result-103027361.html

KTM just hired Dani Pedrosa to try to fix the RC16.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2019/06/14/beirer-pedrosa-unbelievable-value-for-ktm/296177

That's all a bit dramatic... Zarco never gelled with the KTM, it happens. If you follow motogp you can see that not every rider melds with every bike and it can take a very long time to get settings for an individual's style. Look at Lorenzo, multi time world champ, goes to Ducati and barely scores points for the better part of 2 seasons, and finally gets back to wins and consistent performances at the end of his second season in 2018. Then, he switches to factory Honda this season and is a back marker yet again on what most would consider the "best" bike on the track. Zarco gave up on the KTM, and maybe he felt he'd never get where wanted to be, but Pol Espargaro has done alright and it's long development process for a new bike to compete with the big boys that have been at it for decades.

On the Pedrosa business, they hired him right after he retired at the end of last season so it's been nearly a year with him helping testing.

This all seems somewhat irrelevent to GG's future with KTM unless you're assuming mismanagement of the MotoGP effort won't leave money left for GG, but I'd guess sales performance of the line will be the better indicator.

The assimilation is beginning. My GG dealer buddy just got a call from a KTM rep wanting to set up a meeting to discuss the transition of GG to a KTM Distributed brand. I wonder where this leaves the current GG NA staff?

Here's an interview with KTM's off road products manager, Joachim Sauer. He adds a bit of details, most of it stuff we already knew or expected, like KTM platform and WP suspension. He also mentions they may fetch a lower price than their orange and white cousins

He does also say that the new KTM based GG's will come for MY2021, and some future race team plans bringing Taddy, Laia Sans, and Glenn Coldenhoff over to the red bike.

http://zonaenduro.ro/taddy-blazusia..._XdbgeAo_49H3z2jF_lyICD9oE23Ie56hlsLfqqiDHL_U

Back