JD Jetting Kit or Experiment

Edman

I was wondering if for a novice jetter such as myself would it just be easier to get the JD Kit for my '12 300 or buy several different needles/jets and play with it. Again I am a novice in this area and have limited knowledge on jetting, though I have been reading alot lately on the subject.
I know the JD Kit will probable cost more but seems like it will be easier/simplier for me.
Thought I would ask.
Thanks
Eddie

Depends on your conditions a bit. But my recommendations for a 38mm ASII carb with a bit of altitude and temps 15+C

42 NEDJ/NECJ#3 175
42 N3EJ/N3CJ#3 178

You should see change out of $30

Thanks Jakobi, I will order tomorrow. Thanks for replying on both of my threads. You really have helped me alot. this jetting stuff is new to me. I think I need to learn some of this stuff instead of getting the JD Kit.
Hard to beat knowledge
Thanks Again,
Eddie

You may find you might need to either go up/down on the pilot main, and shuffle the clip positions. Worse case a richer needle diameter. These are still things you would have to address with the JD needles which is why they offer a red and a blue.

I went to order jets today. I ordered 42/NEDJ/175-178.
My parts supplier didn't know what N3CJ come out of. Does anyone know part # or what year/model bike it came out of? I might go ahead and order it to have a variety and see how it effects bike. I think it would be wise for me to learn some about jetting.
Thanks!

Thanks jhendr3702!

anytime... jakobi is the jetting guru.. he has mine running great...lugs down to nothing.. rips up top and is a blast to ride..

his carb is worn out from multiple and i mean multiple jetting exercises...lol

where are you located and what elevation/temps are you dealing with..

No guru mate, and you blokes are still jetting these bikes yourselves. All I've done is a bit of trial and error and passed on my findings.

No worres J. Edman, let us know how you get along or if you need any other help dialling it in. How good is that vid of Natos. :D

Located in Arkansas.
Temp been around 90-100 degrees F.
Sea level. Porb 50-70% humidity.
I think I will first try 42 pilot/NEDJ and prob 172 or 175 main.
I'm not sure air screw. I'm guessing 1.5-2 turns out.
I will also lower float 2 mm while i'm in there as suggested by Jakobi.
Any thing else?

Sounds good to me! Start in clip #3 but with those temps I wouldn't be surprised if you end up lifting the clip to #2.

I got a pm from twowheels and he has been running 40 NEDW#2 with 90F and close to 100% humidity. I think he's going to try a NEDJ as the bottom is a bit fluffy. MJC and myself have found the J works well in the 300's. The W is a better choice for the 250 as it gives a bit more torque off idle.

Edman, I'm in Arkansas also and have the ASII on my new to me 2010. I'll pull carb when I get a chance to get #s for you. Mine starts well, idles well and runs awesome. It does have the squish set though and that can be a huge help. Where you located?

I'll be keen to hear what they've jetted your bike with too Fred. Sounds like you're loving the new ride! :D

I am in Hot Springs. Fred I would be interested to see how yours is jetted. I will probably check into the squish in the winter. It suppose to really make a difference with jetting from what I have read.

Back