Maxxis SI Tires

Update!

Today gasgasman, getndirty, & myself rode the forest while it was raining. Gasgasman & myself were running the SI's & getndirty was running an SI front with an IT rear. These tires are just damn good. My tires are wore out and they still hooked up really good it the really slick crap we were riding in.

I will never own anything except the Maxxis SI's!

Boom,

That is a great combo, SI front and IT rear, that is what I am running. The rear IT is holding up very well.

My Maxxis SI's on front and rear did very well this year. My friends had Michelin S12's and their tires got trashed on the same trails. My rear tire knob edge is woren but it still get great traction. I'm happy with them. :D

I've been impressed with the Kenda Milville and Washougal here recently, and just orders some Southwick's to try out down in South Carolina in a few weeks. My buddy ran one this winter and loved it...I hope I do to.

I have a Maxxis SI front that I need to put on...just waiting for the right time to try it out.

Right now I have Milville up front and hate that tire. I ushally run GBC Dirt Sharks because They run very similar to a Maxxis IT but are half the price. The front Dirt Shark also works very well.

I used to run the it front and rear, switched to EXCELLA O F 230 front and rear, very much like the it, and lasts a little longer, better price too. If any of you have ever run a pirelli MT32 this is the same tire, doesn't get much better

ht

I ride in granite rock terrain and my friend gave me brand new 4yr Maxxis HT.I tried it for kicks,and to my surprised I liked it.BTW I have religously run Perellis MT18 up front for 11 yrs!

i've been running the Bridgestone 401 402 combo on my 250 2t for some years in Arizona and now in Idaho, they realy held up well in the loose rocky madness. They also hook until the knobs are almost completly gone. Too bad the new 403 404 combo is crap, the front seems ok but the rear dose not hook or last worth a damn. I'm looking for an alt to these. I love the Maxis on a 4t 450, si front it rear. They hook up ok and last for ever but they seem very flighty on the rear of a 2t and i lack confidence in the side grip on these tires. I seem to ride the front pretty hard and need a good gripper on the front. Mich s12 worked ok before the switch, some of the Pirelli tires seem fair but i am looking for any suggestions. Idaho is very rocky as was Az so a tire that chunks is a no go. Kenda tires grip real well but wear out in one day of hard charging.

i have an s12 that says that it was made in spain? every knob on the outside is broken, so im going to either a maxxis is or a gbc dirtshark.

I bought a Michelin S12 XC today and spent an hour and a half trying to mount it with a Bib Mousse.
I gave up and put the old Dunlop back on. (in 10min)
The S12 was a wierd size 130/70-19. They said it was the same as a 120/80-19.

I just need to quite jacking around and stick with the Maxxis'.:mad:

I used to run Maxxis tires, but now I'm running the Michelin M12XC front and S12XC rear. I'm really happy with the setup!

gasgasman i saw the review you put up for the maxxis tires on i think bikebandit. the line about your tire being more skittish than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs about had me on the floor laughing. cant say ive ever heard that one before, but i like it!

After a few rides I have to say the Maxxis SI front has exceeded all my expectations. Its the best, most forgiving and consistant tire I have used yet. The compound is soft enough to stick in the rocky stuff, and the tire seems like it flexes just right, no washout or deflection. I'm going to try a new rear SI with a Tubliss ASAP.

A few months? Robby, I think you guys have it easy down there with tires. I can literally wreck a new rear tire in a few rides here. Thats one reason I switched to rear trials tires, over a year its way cheaper.

no doubt about that - i'm getting 8-10 hours max outta a rear... that's flipped twice :)

i'm definitely pleased with mx31 front and rear/tubliss/6 lbs. - thanks roostafish, the front is awesome.

have any of you tried the Motoz range of tires? I used to use Maxxis IT for my riding (rear only, never liked the front maxxis except when stopping in a straight line!) but after trying the maxxis enduro IT range and now enduro SI, i will not go back to maxxis. They hook up nicely and last for ages

I bought a Michelin S12 XC today and spent an hour and a half trying to mount it with a Bib Mousse.
I gave up and put the old Dunlop back on. (in 10min)
The S12 was a wierd size 130/70-19. They said it was the same as a 120/80-19.

I just need to quite jacking around and stick with the Maxxis'.:mad:

Well said GGMan! Stop trying different crap and stick with what has worked for you in the past! Geez man!:p We have proven the SI's are the ticket so why change?

Back