My plans in 2014

REVERUP

Gold Level Site Supporter
News travels fast these days so I thought I'd let you all know myself before you hear it from someone else. After well over a decade riding and racing Gas Gas motorcycles I have decided to go another direction.

This has nothing to do with the state you may perceive Gas Gas motorcycles are in right now. believe me I have heard some of the B. S. concoctions people are saying. It was solely my choice to make a change and I needed to. Please don't take it any other way. Sometimes you need to change paths for things to become more clear.

I have made many friends on this site over the years and I plan to continue to be active on here even though I can't currently afford to keep my Gas Gas while I purchase my new Sherco SE-R 300 from Clay. Believe me when I say I did not want to sell my 2011 Gas Gas 300E. It is the best bike I have ever owned.

I have already made a deal with Marc or iamouru as he is known on here. For my Gas Gas. Welcome to the club Marc!

Also those of you who have participated in my North West Gas Gas riders club rides over the years and enjoyed them, I want to let you know I will still be holding these rides. They may become Exotics rides or Gas Gas/Sherco rides, but I promise they will still be about what I have always intended them to be......Fun. For like minded guys and gals that want to get a taste of these rare machines, see em in person, and actually try one.

Happy New Year!
And even happier trails!

Roscoe

Let me be the first to say enjoy your Sherco and I look forward to enjoying your Gas Gas and riding with you.:)

I knew something was up when Marc made a comment in a recent post.........
Roscoe .....enjoy that new steed...and happy trails.....don't be a stranger around here....we'll all still be here trying to find all the different wrenchs and sockets needed just to service the air filter!

Thanks......

Congrats! As long as you aren't jumping ship for a Chinese scooter club. I've only ever seen one Sherco, in these parts...can't wait to lay eyes on a new specimen.

TM if you are looking for a dealer Contact Jeff @ Taskys Metric Cycle. He can get ya going.

Good 4 you

Nothing wrong with change, good for you and good luck with the bike
I am intrigued by them myself more so than by the betas
How about giving us a review and your insight into the bike as time progresses
We do have that rarely used All other bikes section
Hope it works out well
Stoby

Well, come on, post a pic of the new ride.:D

Now you will have to explain to the nubs out in the woods that it's not a restored YZ250.

Roscoe, When you are tired of it looking new and sparkly come up north and Dusty and I will take you on a loop or two that will take the shine off it.

Thanks guys!

Marc, Likewise! Ill show ya some of the good stuff this year.

No Chinese scooters here Bill.;) Keep an eye out for my next exotics ride. As ya know I usually try and get them scheduled for around march.

TM I think it be great if Skagit would pick up Sherco and they very well may in the future. Bills a great guy!

Rick you need to head north and I south so we can get together for a ride in Oregon again. I enjoyed that day @ the Shotgun ORV with you and Mike n friends.

Stoby, I will certainly post up a ride report in the all other bikes section once I get it set up and out for a spin.

John It will be a bit before I get the Sherco. In the mean time I'll be thrashin the wife's WR 250 getting myself used to the color blue again. (Well not really, its a 4 stroke and has a trials tire, totally not me.) Ha Ha but my first 2 Gas Gas' were blue ;).

Paul, you bet! I will be ready to come up north for a spin on them gnarly single track trails you guys been riding and working.

Coop, Agreed, I hear many comparisons with the Gas Gas which makes me feel completely easy about making a change to something totally new to me.

Roscoe

Congrats Roscoe! I'm eagerly awaiting my gas gas/sherco dealers blue 250 to arrive so we can swap rides for a day.

Guess I don't have to consider it a secret anymore... You can count on the red exotic being represented on most any of your ride alongs it is invited to! Can't wait to see yours. Over on the Sherco site you posted specs for a 300 with Sachs forks, we will get the racing model with WP on both ends, correct?

Cool Jakobi please get us a real world opinion of the 250 after you've got a chance to throw a leg over it.

Steve certainly Beta guys are welcomed to my exotic rides. But if they get any more main stream you may have to go back to a Gas Gas or Sherco to come along.:D like Gas Gas in the early years, Sherco does not have allot of online info. All I could find for spec links was for the SE with the Sachs fork. Clay will be importing the SE-R into the US with the WP's. I posted the info on there cause the question of weight came up on the thread. By the way your tie down is still hanging in my garage from our Taneum fall ride, you must have not needed it.

Roscoe

I was thinking pretty hard about going down that path too, so very very interested to get some real life comparisons against the 2010 ECR, 2013 ECR, and the Sherco. Not sure if he's getting the Racing model with the WP forks or not, but has a 300 4T on the floor with them and they're definitely Open Chambers which is a bit of a shame. Would rather the bladder CC's or 4CS for the price point. Here in Aus the Sherco will be a couple hundred more than a pumpkin, where I picked up the Gasser for significantly less. Most reviews also advise the Sherco engine is very well mannered and feels like its got a lot of flywheel and not much snap. This likely appeals to many, but not really what I was after.

I'll post up a review when I get the chance. Probably won't be till Feb/March though. Sherco 2T's still going through ADR processes.

I too got my first GasGas ten years ago and have been riding them ever since. Also like you, I have ordered a new Sherco for the same reason. Just time for a change. Just waiting for the new Sherco SE R 300 to arrive. The worst part is that my dealer has a 250 on the floor. Just trying to be patient for the 300. My brother is riding the Sherco 300 4t and has become instantly faster on that bike, so I have high hopes for the new 2t.

Thanks guys!

Marc, Likewise! Ill show ya some of the good stuff this year.

No Chinese scooters here Bill.;) Keep an eye out for my next exotics ride. As ya know I usually try and get them scheduled for around march.

TM I think it be great if Skagit would pick up Sherco and they very well may in the future. Bills a great guy!

Rick you need to head north and I south so we can get together for a ride in Oregon again. I enjoyed that day @ the Shotgun ORV with you and Mike n friends.
Stoby, I will certainly post up a ride report in the all other bikes section once I get it set up and out for a spin.

John It will be a bit before I get the Sherco. In the mean time I'll be thrashin the wife's WR 250 getting myself used to the color blue again. (Well not really, its a 4 stroke and has a trials tire, totally not me.) Ha Ha but my first 2 Gas Gas' were blue ;).

Paul, you bet! I will be ready to come up north for a spin on them gnarly single track trails you guys been riding and working.

Coop, Agreed, I hear many comparisons with the Gas Gas which makes me feel completely easy about making a change to something totally new to me.

Roscoe

Roscoe,

I would very much enjoy that again myself, The ride that Roostafish (Mike) took us on was epic, some of the best riding I've done in years......

I am looking at racing the Funky Chicken again this year, which is June. I would like to be able to swing an extra day or two for riding, but it would have to be on a week day....Not sure if that will work. As we get closer we can try and work out details.

Thanks

Roscoe,

I would very much enjoy that again myself, The ride that Roostafish (Mike) took us on was epic, some of the best riding I've done in years......

I am looking at racing the Funky Chicken again this year, which is June. I would like to be able to swing an extra day or two for riding, but it would have to be on a week day....Not sure if that will work. As we get closer we can try and work out details.

Thanks

My buddy is part of ETA and they rode Shotgun New Years day. He said they had a great time. I think its a yearly thing. I rode Shotgun 4 years ago with him and it was a blast.

Back