Need Some Riding Friends......

Boomhauer

in the Dauphin, Manitoba area for a friend of mine that lives in Dauphin. He was Transplanted here in Texas for about a year and we got him hooked into riding dirt. He had to go back after his job here was done and he does not really know anybody in Dauphin that rides dirt so he is need of a "New" Dirty Bunch. He is like a brother to me and a great guy.:cool:

If any of you Hosers are interested in showing him around please PM me and I will give you his info.

Help A Brotha Out,
Boom

I have friends in Wpg but none in Dauphin. I never went riding in that area when I lived there. MX'd in Swan River once. We used to ride alot in the Spruce Woods Forest which is southeast of Dauphin but I think it is off limits now. If he ever wants to go to Wpg I am sure my buds will take him for some excellent single track!
Claude

Manitoba Enduro Riders

PM or email me. I live in winnipeg and can show him some great trails. It will be a bit of a drive for him but he will go home tired. We have 6 local guys on gassers in Maniotoba. Dana Feal

PM or email me. I live in winnipeg and can show him some great trails. It will be a bit of a drive for him but he will go home tired. We have 6 local guys on gassers in Maniotoba. Dana Feal

Okay I will send you his info and you can contact him.

Thanks Guys!!!!!:cool:

Boomhauer, tell your friend about the Duck Mountain provincial forest reserve. A friend of mine who hunts elk in this area has told me about some nice country to explore here; specifically on the eastern end. We've talked about heading up there to do some exploring so we could posibly hook up and explore together. I ride w/ d251man so I'll keep in touch with him.

I passed his info along to d251man. My friend also said he was going to register here so he could talk with you guys.

Thanks Again,
Boom

Boomhauer, tell your friend about the Duck Mountain provincial forest reserve. A friend of mine who hunts elk in this area has told me about some nice country to explore here; specifically on the eastern end. We've talked about heading up there to do some exploring so we could posibly hook up and explore together. I ride w/ d251man so I'll keep in touch with him.

Well, I wandered over here finally.
Things have been a little busy at work.
That's why I'm posting at 5am.
No one else to bother me now.

So here is the deal.

My buddy Boomer taught me how to ride dirty when I was living in Dallas.

Now that I'm back in Manitoba, I'm jonesing for some guys to ride with that truly understand single track riding. I've got some areas to ride in the Ducks. In fact, I own a lot at Childs lake, (recently acquired) and have spent some time riding there.

So, let's hook up. I'm perfectly willing to load and drive to Winnipeg area to ride and if there are some guys looking to come up to the Ducks and ride during the summer, I can help with those plans including places to park campers and tents.

Friday nite riding

Well here is a chance to ride. We went to a local arena last friday and rode some mx inside. At first i thought this was kind of nuts, but after i rode a few laps i realized it is a lot of fun. So we are going to go again and you can join us. It is winter, and like you know a long one. Barkmuncher are you hungry? It is in Morden in the arena. Let me know if you guys are are interested and we should go. I have been sore 2 days since i rode. Nothing like real riding to do this. It is 20.00 for first hour, 10.00 for every hour after. We rode 2 hours and that was more than enough.. I can't go on Jan 26 or Feb 2. How about Feb 9?? Jason gets married on Feb 10.:)

Well here is a chance to ride. We went to a local arena last friday and rode some mx inside. At first i thought this was kind of nuts, but after i rode a few laps i realized it is a lot of fun. So we are going to go again and you can join us. It is winter, and like you know a long one. Barkmuncher are you hungry? It is in Morden in the arena. Let me know if you guys are are interested and we should go. I have been sore 2 days since i rode. Nothing like real riding to do this. It is 20.00 for first hour, 10.00 for every hour after. We rode 2 hours and that was more than enough.. I can't go on Jan 26 or Feb 2. How about Feb 9?? Jason gets married on Feb 10.:)

Sounds like a blast. February 9 might be doable. I'll have to check my calendar a little more carefully.

I'll also have to give some thought to the drive. It's 330K to Morden from my place.

But, I just may do it anyway.

d251man; still planning on heading over to St Malo that day to tear up the ice; gotta ride the 300 on the ice to see how it works. I think that it may work pretty good. Don't worry; lotsa time to get together. Spring fever has definitly hit although it's still friigin cold and snowy. :)

Manitoba Riding

Nice to see that there are a few more maniac trail riders here in MB. Hey d251man, we have mutual friend in Morden Mb and I too have ridden in the MX barn, it's not my cup of tea but nice to get out and ride when the weather outside is less that great. Would like to know how many more Gasser riders there are out there. My personal ride is a 2002 XC 300 and i love it.

Well I finally hooked up with the guys from Winnipeg.
Thanks to Dana for continually emailing me for a more than a year letting me know about riding opportunities.
Finally got together and went for a good rip last Sunday.

Determined that there are:
1. Some REALLY fast guys in Manitoba. They could school some of the Texans I've ridden with.
2. Places you AREN'T supposed to ride ARE the best place to ride.
3. There is way more varied terrain in Southern Manitoba than I knew about.
4. I'm way out of shape.
5. I still love dirt riding.
6. I need to take a chest protector next time. I have bruises all over my upper body from trees and branches.

Glad you finally got to ride with the Gaser guys!:cool:

And of course those places are fun to ride because it raises the bar on trouble just like when you got drunk before the legal drinking age.;) :D

Take care hoser and don't be such a stranger.:cool:

Test passed

Of course you know that was a special test.

We always put newbies through a special screening to see if they are riders or whatever. You don't have to worry you didn't whine and made it to the end. Our regular trails won't beat you up so bad, that trail was pretty rough.

Come back for more you are a good guy and we need more riders up in manitoba.

Boomhauer when are you coming to the great white north?

Back