New U.S. Enduro Importer Q and A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks for some of the info I'm after...

How was the engagement of the EXP for you in all the roots and rocks out there. Compared to the Pro model the EXP is supposed to be more abrupt in engagement but it can be set up with lighter wedges to make it more progressive is what I've read. That's what I'm really curious about and I will be getting one at some point but the EXP is a very pricey clutch.

I was sooooo wishing for an auto clutch out there on Sunday and was in total survival mode in section 4 with everything cramping up. Also forgot to refill my Camelbak at gas and ran out of fliuds. Only my 3rd time riding this year and 1st time in 3 months and I really paid the price for that lack of seat time. Hope they do it again next year also.

I would have stuck around to say hello but I really thought the sky's were about to open up so I packed up quick and left.

Thanks for answering so many questions!

His bikes are supplied by a dealer in NJ who is pushing Husky pretty hard. Probably the reason he is on a Husky.

Scott,
Town and Country has never pushed Husky real hard in the past? They pushed Gas Gas a lot harder. Are they still a Gas Gas dealer?
Norman

Ok, thanks for some of the info I'm after...

How was the engagement of the EXP for you in all the roots and rocks out there. Compared to the Pro model the EXP is supposed to be more abrupt in engagement but it can be set up with lighter wedges to make it more progressive is what I've read. That's what I'm really curious about and I will be getting one at some point but the EXP is a very pricey clutch.

I was sooooo wishing for an auto clutch out there on Sunday and was in total survival mode in section 4 with everything cramping up. Also forgot to refill my Camelbak at gas and ran out of fliuds. Only my 3rd time riding this year and 1st time in 3 months and I really paid the price for that lack of seat time. Hope they do it again next year also.

I would have stuck around to say hello but I really thought the sky's were about to open up so I packed up quick and left.

Thanks for answering so many questions!

I thought the engagement was good but you have to understand that I like it that way. A couple of times in the first two sections the front end got a little light but that, I think, was more a problem with too light shock spring rather than abrupt engagement. You also have to remember that I have been riding a 250+ lb 4T for the last three years. There was a lot of adjustment for me going on during the race. The EXP is pricier but is easier to set up. The older clutches had a gap adjustment that had to be done with the clutch plates and took a while to set up. The EXP is pretty easy to do. My 16 yo son has also been riding w/ Rekluse clutches since his 85/105 days. As a matter of fact, I think he got the first clutch that Rekluse built for the KTM85. This was also his first ride with an EXP and he didn't notice any real difference.

I can't imagine riding that race w/o an auto clutch but then I can't imagine riding my bike across the yard w/o one! :)

I think we were pulling out of the parking lot by 4:30, too, since we had such a long drive.

That's because gassers in NE just plain work.
... :(

That statement hits the nail on the head. I have had a GG in the Garage starting in 04. I have jumped back a couple times to KTM and Honda. Mid season when they just would not work to my liking I would grab my 04 GG buddy bike and get instant better results. I now have an 06,200 and a 07 250. Both with Rekluse clutches and Zokes.

My 250 at the National this weekend was Perfect. I could not have picked a better ride.
Trust me that was not rocky, I trailbossed an Enduro this year with just a few more rocks:)
Nice to see some more GG in the Netra Standings. Just been Jim ,John and myself this year

ED

Hi All,

This thread is getting really long and "wandering" so I am going to close it - if you have any other questions for Clay Stuckey concerning the new (and great!) gasgas U.S. Importer, GasGas Off Road (GGOR) - please start a new thread with "GGOR Question : " at the beginning of the title so it's easy for Clay to spot and reply to.

thanks,
jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back