New U.S. Enduro Importer Q and A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answers to your questions below

I have a couple of questions.

Is there a price list available for the 2011 gasgas models?
Yes, but only for the XC250 and XC300s, as well as the eStart versions of both.

How many Nambotin edition bikes will be coming to the US for 2011?
More than this year ;) Talk to your local dealer about ordering one, since they won't arrive until spring but will likely sell out long before that.

Do all 250 and 300 get estart or is it an option?
There is a distinct eStart model of both the XC250 and XC300. Those same bikes are available without the button. Kicker only on 125s, 200s, Race and Six Days 250s and 300s.

Will the Nambotin get the estart?
No ... at least it's not planned at this point.

I think that covers it for now?

I am hoping that gasgas keeps the price lower than the new KTM's. I think this could give them a nice advantage.
You should be pleasantly surprised, but price is far from the only advantage :cool:

In the beginning of this thread it said the MSRP for the left over 2010's were : the 250's were $6599 & the 300's were $6699 , so I would guess you could get them better than that , but I don't know .

Sorry , I see you were asking about the 2011 models.

Got our dealer application in and I sent Clay a bike order. Website is currently http://www.grahamktm.com/ and that will be stay the url. I am changing companies that do our website at the end of the month so I am working on the new site now and will incorperate GasGas with that. We will order parts to stock and I was looking for suggestions beyond the obvious like plastic and brakes pads..ect.

Frame guards, top-ends, wheel and suspension bearings, suspension springs, any sort of fasteners that are exclusive to Gas Gas (i.e. KTM has those rubber grommets where the radiators mount)

hey biggstr6 just since you mentioned the 2010's again, im excited about the 2011's as well and the e-start is cool but if you were just going to buy an ec250/300 it sounds like changes are virtually cosmetic so i would jump at a chance at a remaining 2010 at that price(as long as the e-start isnt your priority) i really am astonished at what an incredible deal they are right now!!

We will order parts to stock and I was looking for suggestions beyond the obvious like plastic and brakes pads..ect.
These bikes are as durable as an anvil but be sure to stock 2 clutch levers (one of each type), linkage kits, (oil) drain bolt, and sprockets (the front is GasGas only but late model Husky and 91-93 Suzuki DR250S will fit the rear - must be the DR250S because the DR250 is different).

i am curious, will/is gasgas considering getting back into the mini bikes? we have bikes for adults, but what about those adults kids? i personally would love to see a 50cc, and 85cc, and a 100/105cc. and maybe a 65cc too. that way someday if/when i have kids, i dont have to put them on a rice rocket or a pumpkin;)

i am curious, will/is gasgas considering getting back into the mini bikes? we have bikes for adults, but what about those adults kids? i personally would love to see a 50cc, and 85cc, and a 100/105cc. and maybe a 65cc too. that way someday if/when i have kids, i dont have to put them on a rice rocket or a pumpkin;)

That would be cool. The kids are the future and I would think the younger you get them hooked on GG the better it would be.

Dealer Camp

Clay, very exciting stuff.

You may plan to do this already, but in my eagerness to see the brand get more solid footing in my area, I thought I'd chime in anyway.

I have a very good idea of what you're going thru with the distributorship. I worked at Great River Outfitters, a small mom and pop high end kayak distributor of big water British sea kayaks. I had the pleasure of working for down river world racing champion Stan Chladek, his wife Emma (also a down river racing world champion) and their daughter Dana Chladek who has two US Olympic medals in white water slalom.

The single best thing I ever did for GRO was organize a dealer camp to the United Kingdom, where the boats were built.

For a week in mid September (as the paddling season was winding down for most of our dealers) our dealers (and all of us from GRO) all stayed at Nigel Dennis' (of NDK Kayaks) Outdooor Centre in Wales. The dealers toured the shop to see boats being built. They learned about the hulll designs, outfitting and components. They learned why things were done the way they were done.

But most of all, they paddled the big waters of the Irish Sea with legends Stan Chladek and Nigel Dennis.

IMHO, this was the single best way to get the word out about the boats. Stan brought NDK kayaks from obscurity to the forefront of the market, and they are now considerred to be the best performing big water boats available. When I left GRO, we were getting 15 or 16 containers of boats a year.

I can see GasGas dealers and racers lining up to go to Spain for a dealer camp, tour the factory, talk to the designers, get product clinics from the pros, and ride with the designers and factory riders, and then coming back home to the states to spread the gospel with more knowledge and enthusiasm than ever.

Best of luck with the new venture. I love my GasGas.

T.Low

dank and NHrider,
Minis are obviously a decision that will be made at the factory level, not the distributor level but I don't see GG being able to do minis. Mini sales for the orange company have dropped substantially and I don't think there is room for more than one company to profitably build small bikes. Its hard for a small company to be all things to all people. When Ted, Steve and I were in Spain, Gas Gas CEO Ramon Puentes told us that GG had about 40% of the world trials bikes sales and that it was going to be very difficult to grow larger than that in trials. He said the future growth for GG was in the off road/enduro busines. He also said that the US obviously had the most potential for growth and that he would help us any way he could for us to grow.
Clay

T.Low,
I agree that is a great way for GG to grow in the US. Last year, when I worked for Husaberg, Rod Overstreet and I attended the Husaberg.org ride in the Gunnison, Colorado area. We were able to spend a lot of time discussing things that HB riders wanted to know or were concerned about. I have thought about doing a similiar ride for the GG crowd, dealers and riders/racers. However, it will be at least a year before we have the sales issues under control and can have the time to plan something that large.
Clay

Clay

PLEASE make sure you give your buddy Robbie Jenks a bike.. I know for a fact he brought alot of Ohio and KY riders to Husaberg. He is probably the easiest "fast guy" to talk to @ events and he was always willing to let people try out his test bike and answer questions. When I do ACES and DS rides up there it seems like i have the only GasGas. Theres a good market in OHIO and Michigan since bikes can be LEGALLY converted to street leagl bikes even with an off road only MSO.

MackMack,
Robbie rode a 300 on Thursday while we were in Massachusetts and really seemed to like it. I told him that he could have one to race if he wanted it so the ball is in his court.
Clay

Clay,
What is the situation with 2011 125 and 200's? Will there be a 144/150? Any dealers for Central upstate NY?
Thanks,
Norman

Rider

Andrew Delong would be a great choice for a GG rider...fast top 10 overall in national enduro, possible East Coast Enduro Association enduro and harescrambles champion. Great attitute, great to talk to....don't know his plans for next year...

Cheers,

Rick

Andrew Delong would be a great choice for a GG rider...fast top 10 overall in national enduro, possible East Coast Enduro Association enduro and harescrambles champion. Great attitute, great to talk to....don't know his plans for next year...

Cheers,

Rick

Yeah, he came into our backyard today for the national enduro and did very well winning the 250A class I believe.

EDIT....And took 7th overall BTW just behind the big national guys. Beat all our New England boys as well if by seconds. Impressive if you ask me.

Last edited:
Rider

Yeah, I really think Andrew would be a great choice if a good package could be offered to him. I tried to contact Clay about him but have been busy and put it on the back burner. I think he would do it as I have joked with him about it at a shop level and he said if the terms were good he would. But don't know if he is signed with anyone as of now since it has been a few months since I last spoke to him....

Cheers,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back