New U.S. Enduro Importer Q and A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay,
What is the situation with 2011 125 and 200's? Will there be a 144/150? Any dealers for Central upstate NY?
Thanks,
Norman

Norman,
I ordered a few 125 and 200 Race and Six Day versions. Six Days should be here in October and Race in January. No 144/150 this year. No dealers yet for thatb area.
Clay

Clay,
What is the situation with 2011 125 and 200's? Will there be a 144/150? Any dealers for Central upstate NY?
Thanks,
Norman

Norman,
I ordered a few 125 and 200 Race and Six Day versions. Six Days should be here in October and Race in January. No 144/150 this year. No dealers yet for thatb area.
Clay

Thanks for the reply!

Notice Jim Senecal finished 10th O/A. Nice to see a GasGas in the top 10.

I am new to the Gas Gas having just purchashed my first a couple of weeks ago. This 2010 EC 300 is by far my favorite bike and at 51 it's been quite a few. I think I sold two at my club yesterday just by letting members ride it. Clay thanks for taking the time to answer questions and I just wanted to let you know I love the product you are selling.:D

Clay, You may want to look at some riders @ the VCHSS series . They consistantly have in the area of 600 riders for each event. KTMs rule there right now.

I've posted a couple links on there site to two threads here. So far they have each had 131 hits.

I think Go race is a dealer in Roanoke ,Va , but a Dealer in Richmond would be nice too.

Just trying to spread the word alittle.

Way to go John . Glad your loving your bike.

Rider

Jim Senecal was moving as well great to see Gas Gas up front.

I think its great that Clay is taking time out to talk with us and keep the passionate identity of the brand.

Cheers,

Rick

Clay,

How did you like our little national enduro in Maine and how did the new GG work for you? Did you ride the new e-start bike?

Clay,

How did you like our little national enduro in Maine and how did the new GG work for you? Did you ride the new e-start bike?

Skidad,
I should have known that when you guys were saying that it wasn't going to be very rocky that you were pulling our legs. I have had a 4 month layoff and this was not a good race to start back on! I got mine and my son's bikes three days before I left to go to New England and I didn't have much set up time. My bike was waaaaay undersprung so I pretty much felt every rock and root on the course. The suspension I can remedy with the purchase of some fat ass springs. I loved the way the bike turned and the motor is awesome! Anyway....I would like to do that race again on a properly set up bike. do you know if you guys will be a national next year?
One other note....the response to Gas Gas from the NE group has been awesome. I really appreciate it!
Clay

Nice to meet you sunday clay,hope you get a chance to look at my resume I gave you,caught up with you in a few sections from two rows back,but i was guessing you hadnt had any time on those bikes,they looked brand new! Loved that new 2011 300,very sharp!!!!!
blew a ton of energy right away helping senecal who lost many minutes buried up to his fender,almost lost my boots in the mud,it was up to my hip!
my back is feeling it today

PS I pulled your son out of the same mud hole walking back to my bike,he looked tired already!

Thanks for helping Jim and Zach said thanks, too. Jim said he was buried pretty bad and would not have gotten out w/out your help. I can't believe how sore I am today. Four months off was worse than I thought it would be. I have to get some of this fat off of me. We drove straight through from Maine and got back this morning at 11:30. 1163 miles and 19 hours. Zach rode his mountain bike this afternoon. I slept on the couch for three hours. John Wiser, who drove back with us, had to go to work this afternoon. He told me he was dragging!
I honestly did not look at your resume. I plan on being in the office all day tomorrow and will do it then.
Clay

What happened to Fred Hoess? I thought he was back on GasGas this year??

Clay,
One other note....the response to Gas Gas from the NE group has been awesome. I really appreciate it!
Clay

That's because gassers in NE just plain work.

Last year I was invited out to Henniker, NH to do some dual sport riding. Rode some of the same trails that Trail Rider had used for testing. Holy cow! I have never seen so many rocks and I live here! It was like someone bulldozed down a huge stone wall into the dirt road. I hadn't been on a bike in probably 10 years! They wanted me to ride that stuff! I was glad I had my GG 200. That bike is the only reason I made it that day. Yes, I was slower then the other guys and they had to wait but not for very long. The next time we rode out there I was right with them. Man...how I miss that bike... :(

Clay,

Noticed this pic from the Maine National Enduro. Nambotin bike has I presume the Rekluse EXP clutch installed as I see the Rekluse cover.

Was this bike used in the National and if so how did the Rekluse work out for whoever rode it?

maine%20enduro%20sat%20007.JPG

Skidad,
The bike in the foreground is my son's bike. That is my son in the right side of the photo in the red shorts. The guy on the left of the photo in the maroon shirt is Chuck Ware. I just hired Chuck to handle sales in the western half of the US. Chuck used to work for me at KTM. Behind my son is my Nambotin, which also has a Rekluse clutch in it. I don't even want a bike without a Rekluse. They are bulletproof and make the bike so much easier to ride. The guys who run the company have become good friends and are real off road guys.
Both bikes were ridden in the national. As I mentioned in some earlier posts, both of our bikes were way undersprung and beat us to death. My fault, not the bike's fault that we didn't have time to set them up properly.
I fell so many time that I couldn't even count them and every time I got up the bike was lying on it's side idling and waiting for me to get on and go. I wouldn't even think about buying a truck/van with a manual tranny anymore and I feel the same way about the Rekluse. You still have to shift but forget the clutch!
Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back