no power in mid range !?! help

No luck for me.. Im only using the DB from 2002 though.

Can use N-O-ZF its essentially the same needle with only a half clip leaner.

All this jetting is making my head hurt..

JDs spreadsheet doesn't have the specs for the N1EF in its database. Which in turn doesn't help anyone.
/QUOTE]

Have just got the JD spreadsheet - great tool.

It does have the NEF1 needle in the database but it needs to be entered as

N - 1 - EF1 in the three columns....

JDs spreadsheet doesn't have the specs for the N1EF in its database. Which in turn doesn't help anyone.
/QUOTE]

Have just got the JD spreadsheet - great tool.

It does have the NEF1 needle in the database but it needs to be entered as

N - 1 - EF1 in the three columns....

That's the only problem with it, some entry errors aren't picked up. You can enter N1 E F and get a result. Then if you read it carefully you find it should be N 1 EF1 :o

Doesn't half make jetting easier though.

Either way

N1 : column 1 not in database
N - 1 : column 2 not in database

i agree it doesn't help that much at all :)

Where can I find this JD spreadsheet?

I had no time to repair the f... GG. to cold in my g. garage.
But I my dealer say this is no jetting problem.
I will inform you when I know the reason.

I heard that the older GG carb was moof a higher value.
Which modell I can buy?

In low range the torque is good and the engine feels OK but when I wan't to accelerate the engine needs a minute of silence and then he comes explosive.
Wide open is also OK.
But in the mide range this isn't a good feeling.

Now we solve this problem but this was no jetting problem !!!!
The dealer change the sealed crankshaft bearings (new since model 2007) to unsealed because the petrol in germany containes some alcohol.
This alcohol destroy the sealing of the bearings and the grease comes out.
The petrol mixture is to rich and can`t burn.
After this repair (also checked and adjust the exhaust valve and the valving time) the engine works nearly good.
After mid section the engine lose some power
But I hope this is a jetting problem.
I will try a CCK or DDK needle.

Now we solve this problem but this was no jetting problem !!!!
The dealer change the sealed crankshaft bearings (new since model 2007) to unsealed because the petrol in germany containes some alcohol.
This alcohol destroy the sealing of the bearings and the grease comes out.

If this is true its not good news for us either. How much ethanol in your fuel over there?

If this is true its not good news for us either. How much ethanol in your fuel over there?

more precisely it is ethanol right
until now it was 5%
now the EU goverment become crazy and wan't 10% :confused:

We have had 10% for awhile now in most states. No problems with crank seals in pre '08 motors or any other 2 stroke I've heard of. Only thing I've noticed is you have to be careful with jeting especially in the cold, and some oils tend to separate some of their components, because the ethanol absorbs water from the atmosphere. Maybe the rubber on those sealed bearings is an issue? A new one for sure.

I believe the biological part is the problem, ethanol from cellulose and cereals .
The ester compound bond the rubber.
Do you have the same in your petrol?

Klausen

Here in Florida, where Disney World is, everything runs on 10% ethanol. I have a 2010 GG EC300, however I have not had any problems with a crank seal going bad.

I was running the N1EF clip 2, 42 pilot, 178 main, air screw 1 turn out.

I have a CCL, 42 pilot, 180 main air screw 1 turn out ready to go in my bike. I am just waiting to try it. (work does not permit me to now).

There was a thread on the ECEA site about a couple of KX250s going through crank seals like crazy. Guy said they would last less than a season and the bikes would suck trans oil and air. When inspected they looked very hard.

Never a problem with OEM GG seals, and we have had ethanol for awhile now, nothing new here. I suspect the problem seals are cheap Buna N rubber, the GG seals appear to be Viton. Now, what the seals are in those sealed bearings is another matter.

Back