Twisted Engineering - Carbon Bars

Sometimes you just have to pull the trigger.

Your google foo will tell you only so much, and that will only give you a string of anecdotes. Be your own data point.

Rick
Lectron Data Point

Your google foo will tell you only so much, and that will only give you a string of anecdotes. Be your own data point.

Rick
Lectron Data Point

Fair enough but I pull the trigger on absolutely everything and am getting a little tired of being disappointed. I value a lot of the guys opinion on this forum so ill still ask the question!

Keep your eyes on the for sale forum it'll likely end up like the lectron, rekluse exp and a whole load of other "once thought useful" items but at least I can say I tried it lol

Ya I'll read these reviews today but I just bought a bar anyway:), I went with the 3x flex and the Wyndham bend. Do you guys run your same hand guards or do you need to run there's?

And you guys actually notice a difference with these over a stock aluminum bar???

It depends on what you are looking for! The flex will help those plagued by wrist/elbow/shoulder pain and/or fatigue for what reason ever (mostly due to previous injuries probably) and it will help you save energy you don't waste on absorbing many of the hits stiff bars will transfer to your body. So if you don't need either it is probably a waste of money.

Regarding the handguards if you are running full wrap-around ones you need their setup due to the loads on the bar ends. I prefer open handguards with solid bar ends to protect the grips and bar ends. Just tapped the bar ends with a M10x1.25 fine thread (yes, directly into the CF) and directly mount some custom made solid bar ends. Holds up just fine.

Michael

It depends on what you are looking for! The flex will help those plagued by wrist/elbow/shoulder pain and/or fatigue for what reason ever (mostly due to previous injuries probably) and it will help you save energy you don't waste on absorbing many of the hits stiff bars will transfer to your body. So if you don't need either it is probably a waste of money.

Regarding the handguards if you are running full wrap-around ones you need their setup due to the loads on the bar ends. I prefer open handguards with solid bar ends to protect the grips and bar ends. Just tapped the bar ends with a M10x1.25 fine thread (yes, directly into the CF) and directly mount some custom made solid bar ends. Holds up just fine.

Michael

That sounds like everyone I know lol! I just called him back and ordered the premier pack that comes with there bars so i don't have an excuse if I can't notice a difference. Expensive little venture for a bar and guards but I'm sure it will make me 50% faster ;)

What drehwurm said!

I raced for many years. No wrist problems but 6 knee surgeries. Got the Cti braces and started riding again 20 years later. 2011 45 shivers almost ruined my riding and career (Chiropractor) due to wrist and thumb pain. Fixed forks and it helped. With CF bars; 2 hour hare scrambles and a couple of enduros later = no problems. Well, except I'm still overweight and nowhere near as fast as I would like to think I am.

In addition, bars are very well made and tough. You may not be overly impressed if you don't suffer from pain. But, you won't be disappointed either.

Now I've added Solid Performance reworked Ohlin's ttx front and rear and am in heaven.

I ordered the same set up a month are two a go hoping to get them before the revy ride but there was some screw ups with shipping. I think any help for my wrist is worth the money. 50% faster would be awesome since my balls seem about 60% smaller how that I a 40. hopefully these bars help me get through another 40:D

At almost 64 years I know these are the bars that interest me the most. I'm a little money short att, so will enjoy Trevor's reviews. So start banging those TE's Tevor! :D

Well if anyone's got a shot at wreckin these things I'm sure it's me, I seem to destroy something every ride(and yes I generally stay on the bike lol) last three rides wrecked rear fender and sub assembly, bent back shifter, blown clutch, ripped off rad shroud and busted kick stand mount(for the 3rd time). Wonder what will happen this week???

That sounds like a great deal! I have no idea why the new version would be much different except cost more but I've been known to be wrong from time to time

when I order mine they said I would be getting the new version which they made to address the concerns of the bars braking clean and not being able to ride home.
trev I was going to ask if you ever ride up north but after your last post I think I will stay away

I actually break less stuff in winter! Where up north do you ride? We ride wiaprous and fallen timber most of the winter

I live in hinton mostly ride from my yard. I made a bunch of single track from my place about 70km or so. I don't really load up unless I am going for a full day or weekend like Kamloops. I would like to do some riding in the rocky mountain house area or Calgary.

I felt most comfortable running my FlexxBars with the red (stock) or black elastomers as the softer ones (blue, yellow) felt to "flexy" for me. To be on the safe side I choose the 2x flex level (bar bend 3) with the TE CF bars and have been extremely happy. The comfort is amazing even in comparison to the FlexxBars. I don't feel any flex at all when riding and the comfort the 2x flex provides is anything I'd ever need. Faster B-level offroad and extreme enduro racing.

Michael

While being on this forum (and riding Gasgas) for 4 years, I have certainly pulled the trigger a few times. Funny how good ideas catch when they are presented on this forum :)

My once old and battered 06 EC200 now boasts Talon wheels, 2011 plastics & subframe, a KYB fork, Rekluse clutch and a Lectron.

I guess the next in line has to be a TE handlebar (along with a home made LHRB, that is).
As I run a Scott stabilizer under the bar in my custom made bracket, I guess the "KTM low" (profile 3) would be the most suitable? Right now, I run a OEM Gasgas Hebo(?) bar, but it becomes quite high using my stabilizer mount. The Yamaha / KYB upper triple clamp also makes my mount raise the bar some millimeters above where it was with the OEM triple clamp.
Or perhaps the Windham bend? I presume CR High will be too high?

Any thoghts on this issue?

As I run a Scott stabilizer under the bar in my custom made bracket, I guess the "KTM low" (profile 3) would be the most suitable? Right now, I run a OEM Gasgas Hebo(?) bar, but it becomes quite high using my stabilizer mount.

Well, not surprisingly I run the #3 KTM-bend (it is actually like the Renthal FatBar KTM low bend and only close to the current stock KTM offroad bend) on a KTM. The Windham and CR high are not only considerably higher, but also have more sweep and tip (vertical deviation) angle too - tried a Windham on my KTM and never felt comfortable as it was just too high for me and needed to be run in a way forward position to compensate for the larger sweep. I'm pretty average in size and for me the KTM cockpit and Windham just didn't work well together. On my 2009 Honda CRF450 the Windham was working just fine. My point, I have no idea about the GasGas Hebo bend, but the KTM bend is pretty different to most other handlebars out there - flat, straight and low. Considering the price of the TE CF bars, it might not be a good idea to take a risk regarding the bend - get a cheap, used one or borrow a KTM low Fatbar or stock KTM offroad (EXC, XC-W only) to test first.

Michael

Back