Twisted Engineering - Carbon Bars

I agree to be careful because it runs both ways, I love high bars like the charmicheal bend but I hate ktm bars. You definetly want to look into before dropping 3-4 bills

As I run a Scott stabilizer under the bar in my custom made bracket, I guess the "KTM low" (profile 3) would be the most suitable? Right now, I run a OEM Gasgas Hebo(?) bar, but it becomes quite high using my stabilizer mount. The Yamaha / KYB upper triple clamp also makes my mount raise the bar some millimeters above where it was with the OEM triple clamp.
?
I ride a 2011ec250 that came with a hebo bar that I liked very much. I switched to the T.E. 3x bar in the KTM low bend. The bend is very, very, close to the stock hebo and only a little lower in height - I haven't measured it but I would guess only about a 1/4 inch. For me there is no noticeable flex in these bars at all. In fact if the bars had been changed without my knowledge I would have thought my front forks had been swapped or dramatically improved. These handlebars may be the best $250 improvement you can make to your front suspension.

Puzzling offer. I am not sure if the 20% is for the bars/guards or for "future purchases."

Anyway, we're about to get a whole lot of data points here at GG Rider.

Admittedly I ride over my head at times, others when I am very fatigued... How else will I get faster and have better stamina? Anyway, in my many decades of riding I have ruined less than half a dozen bars from bending them, and never have I had a set physically break. Second time out with cf bars, trials type terrain, flipped the bike over backwards and it landed on it's side, less than 5 mph. Snapped one side clean off. No horror story sharp edges or anything like that, but an eye opening experience. Metal for me thanks.

Admittedly I ride over my head at times, others when I am very fatigued... How else will I get faster and have better stamina? Anyway, in my many decades of riding I have ruined less than half a dozen bars from bending them, and never have I had a set physically break. Second time out with cf bars, trials type terrain, flipped the bike over backwards and it landed on it's side, less than 5 mph. Snapped one side clean off. No horror story sharp edges or anything like that, but an eye opening experience. Metal for me thanks.
I too have had a handlebar snap clean off and it was also on a trials bike at very low speed. In my case however it was an aluminum Renthall handlebar.

Amazing!

I installed the Twisted Engineering 3X KTM low bars and hand guards on my 06 EC300.

The bars are phenomenal at how much they reduce the shock loads to my hands, especially when hitting roots and sharp edges. My hands and wrists feel like they are on an amazingly cushy ride over the worst chop and hack.

The bar ergos are excellent for my stand up riding.

Bars rate 10 out of 10.

The downside was the range of fit on the hand guards. After cutting less than 1/2 inch off each bar end there is only about 3/8 inch between the inside ends of the hand guards. Some clearance is necessary when the bars flex. It looks like they missed something on the hand guard design.

Hand guards 7 out of 10.

That's a little disappointing on the hand guards when the combo pack costs so much! Oh well I'll try and mod it like everything else lately lol

I installed the Twisted Engineering 3X KTM low bars and hand guards on my 06 EC300.

The bars are phenomenal at how much they reduce the shock loads to my hands, especially when hitting roots and sharp edges. My hands and wrists feel like they are on an amazingly cushy ride over the worst chop and hack.

The bar ergos are excellent for my stand up riding.

Bars rate 10 out of 10.

The downside was the range of fit on the hand guards. After cutting less than 1/2 inch off each bar end there is only about 3/8 inch between the inside ends of the hand guards. Some clearance is necessary when the bars flex. It looks like they missed something on the hand guard design.

Hand guards 7 out of 10.
Say Eric, any chance I could see a photo?

I just installed my bars and hand guards last night. I can't wait to try then out just need to find a way to mount my lights. I went with the windham bend when I compared them to my old bars they were bout the same (I think they were mc high, I know they were the widest bars) which was cool no cutting or moving mounts. very impressed so far nice fit my mounts are in the middle on the low mounts. (1/2" seems like a lot to cut?)
Before I bought the bars I was wondering how the hand guard could not affect the flex but know I see. The lower mounts are floating. had my lights clamped to my old bars on the bend which I can't do now hopefully tonight after work I can come up with something and then tomorrow after work I can test.

e-mailed to you since I didn't have the time to compress it to a small size to post.

Thanks, the photo clears it up. They must not take into consideration that some rider's cut their bars down for tighter woods?
On a side note, pretty ingenious how U mounted those mirrors. Wouldn't mind a closeup of those too. Thanks, B ob.

Eric they were not TE bars, they did break clean so no danger there but I will never trust another set of cf bars agin...

Understood.

TE claims their bars can be bent completely back without breaking. Time will tell how they hold up.

They work so well absorbing shock that I am willing to live with the risk of breakage.

Thanks, the photo clears it up. They must not take into consideration that some rider's cut their bars down for tighter woods?
On a side note, pretty ingenious how U mounted those mirrors. Wouldn't mind a closeup of those too. Thanks, B ob.

It looks like they missed how much some people want to cut their bars.

I will get you pics of the mirror mounts. Give me time as I am consumed with work.

I'm sure they couldn't have forgotten about the bar shortening when they provide a built in template for cutting them off, very odd that the hand guards aren't fitting properly because obviously they have incorporated shortening into the bars(the template)

when I have time I will write up a review but for now all smiles:D I does say that if you do cut the bars you will need to bend/ tweek the guards so they fit right.

when I have time I will write up a review but for now all smiles:D I does say that if you do cut the bars you will need to bend/ tweek the guards so they fit right.

Thanks that's what I was wondering if you tweaked the bends if they would fit. I just called them cause I still haven't gotten mine and they had the wrong email and invoiced someone else so I'm waiting again now.

Back