Airscrew ec300 2013

BSM2

What is the right procedure for setting up the airscrew? The bike does not turn completly back info idle but is reving for several seconds hihger then normal.
I think it is the airscrew?

My setup:
Main 178
Pilot 42
Needle n3cj #3
Airscrew??
Sealevel and 0-15degrees celcius
stock bike
Riding sand high speeds and less single track

Thank you!

soz nathan but didnt watch the video. The idle is hanging as the pilot circuit is lean.Wind the airscrew clockwise a quarter of a time , ride a bit and see what happens. The rule of thumb is if your 0-1 turn out from full in you need a bigger pilot jet and over 2.5 out then a smaller one.The needle also comes into play just to add another thing....

It is better when the airscrew is 0,5 turns out.
Then my pilot will be to lean and need an bigger one.
However, I read on this forum pilot sizes from 42 or less. And I need a bigger one. Isn't that odd?

It is better when the airscrew is 0,5 turns out.
Then my pilot will be to lean and need an bigger one.
However, I read on this forum pilot sizes from 42 or less. And I need a bigger one. Isn't that odd?

Not necessarily, go to 45 and see how it does. Also make sure the slide stop (idle screw) isn't wound in to tight, that can cause the slide to lift and really confuse things by adding air past the slide as well. In your case you might stick with the 42 and lower the slide. That may cause you to have to move the needle clip

Hmm okay, reading and learning a lot at this forum but still figuring out what the best move will be. (unfortunately I havn't much time for testing)

Bike seems running best with airscrew 0,5 out, but stil lean at idle (won't drop to idle for ?10seconds) and when idling, its idles very low.
So options are:
- Larger pilot 42 -> 45
- Needle N3CJ 1 clip lower #3 -> #4
- Needle N3CW with smaller diameter.

I think the beste move will be changing the needle clip lower.
Other suggestions from experts are welcome. I'm new and learning a lot in this matter!

Easiest, quickest, and crudest test is to drop the clip one position and evaluate.

If the bike runs great, great!
If it still has a hanging idle, but now feels a bit burbly in the 1/4 to 1/3 throttle area you'll know you're lean on the diameter/pilot circuit. Then look at adjusting what is required.

Back