Lectron Carb

That's one advantage to the Smart Carb for sure. Ironically, these carbs are very easy to adjust compared to the stock carb, but once they're set they don't need to be adjusted again.

The total price including an installed adjustable power jet, 2' of high quality fuel line and shipping was $330. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon, and it shipped Friday.

The owner asked me to contact them after installing to give him feedback for future use which I did, and he was very appreciative. It seems like a very well organized company that sells a high quality product.

I'm going to post the link to the field test in the video section in case anyone is interested.

Wow that's fast delivery and excellent with the follow up, feedback, and customer PR. I agree the problem with jetting a standard carb is ....yep you are never finished :D.

Roger that!

Sounds good mate. Sounds very much like a well jetted PWK, but as John said. That never lasts!

Thanks.

To me it feels similar to the PWK with the NECW/NEDW needle except on steroids. Smooth but stronger than the NECW/NEDW needle, and hopefully it will stay that way year round.

The total price including an installed adjustable power jet, 2' of high quality fuel line and shipping was $330. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon, and it shipped Friday.

The owner asked me to contact them after installing to give him feedback for future use which I did, and he was very appreciative. It seems like a very well organized company that sells a high quality product.

I'm going to post the link to the field test in the video section in case anyone is interested.
Where you able to reuse the stock throttle cable?
How well did it fit on airbox and intake boots?
Is the carb the same overall length as the Keihen?

Yes, I was able to use the stock cable. However, I cut about 16mm off of the elbow where it goes into the carb to get the proper slack in the cable. Kevin from Lectron told me that I could have removed the adjuster that is on the carb, and that would have accomplished the same thing. I thought about doing that, but I had a spare cable hanging on the wall so I went that route.

It fit the intake boot just like stock, and it fit the airbox boot better than stock. The diameter of the airbox side bell measures 60.19mm, and stock is 63mm.

It is just shy of 7mm longer than stock, which is a good thing in my case. The stock carb always seemed a little too short, which made it difficult to get the ariboot seated properly. It's not a problem now.

Singletracker....

Where are you with testing? Are you still testing?

Are you still a happy camper?

Are you getting mileage per tank?

Have you taken some plug chops? If so, how do the plugs look?

Any spooge out of the TCII?

Do you run race gas?

It's been a few weeks and you've been pretty hush about the carb.......

Thanks

Thanks

Singletracker....

Where are you with testing? Are you still testing?

Are you still a happy camper?

Are you getting mileage per tank?

Have you taken some plug chops? If so, how do the plugs look?

Any spooge out of the TCII?

Do you run race gas?

It's been a few weeks and you've been pretty hush about the carb.......

Thanks

Thanks

I'm still very happy with the Lectron.

I don't know about mileage yet because every time I've rode its been slick enough that there's been too much wheel spin to really get a feel for it.

I put a new plug in the last time I rode so I could get a better indication from the plug. I may have it a tad on the lean side, but I need to check it again. I'll tell you this....the bike runs much cleaner than it used to. No oil on the spark plug threads, and virtually no spooge. One side of the plug was a little lighter than I like to see, and the other was a nice chocolate color.

I finally put fresh pump fuel in it before the last ride, but no race fuel. I also leaned out the powerjet about a half turn and it is even stronger on top and mid now. I had a blast working in about a 60' long berm the other day on what used to be a flat corner.

I have zero complaints about the carb. Performance wise this is the best mod that I've done to any bike other than suspension work, and it fits better than the original equipment.

Great!! Thanks for the update......keep us posted.

I took the plundge and ordered a 36mm Lectron for the YZ125 last week

I will post a ride report once i get it dailed in.

Thanks

Just recieved my Lectron carb in the mail today. I will be installing it this weekend. Its snowing right now so Im sure I will not be able to post anything about how it rides but at least I will get it installed. Any other pointers for setp up/install other then what you have mentioned singletracker? Thanks for any info.

The carb is in and it fits better then stock. I had the same problem with a gap at the lower left side that I could never get to fit right with the stock carb. As mentioned above the stock cable is just a little to short. It's not all back together yet because it was about 5deg in my garage but the choke seems like its going to be a pain. What did you end up doing? I plan on ordering up a throttle cable and the choke kit from Lectron.

I trimmed off about 16mm of the outside metal sheathing of the throttle cable with a dremel (very carefully), and rerouted it. I haven't had any trouble with it, but if I ever replace it I'll order one from Lectron. I left the choke alone. I figure I only use it once a ride most of the time, so it wasn't worth messing with.

I got off work early today, and rode for about an hour and 10 minutes. The bike ran flawlessly! It was in the low 40's today, so I've rode it in close to a 20 degree temp difference so far, and its been great in all conditions. If it stays like this when it's in the 90's it will be amazing. BTW, I had a blast!

I was able to take the bike out for the first time since installing the new carb. Right out of the box it runs perfect. Runs better then expected. Anybody on the fence about, just opium the trigger. Best thing I could have done. Very happy with the results.

Back