Lectron Carb

I'm glad your liking it! There are some very favorable reviews on KTMTALK also.

One thing that's cool about the Lectron is that you don't have to worry about it flooding when tipped over. Of a matter of a fact mine just keeps on running unless I purposely kill it, but even after killing it when laid over it starts right back up.

I've also noticed that I can give it more gas when practicing my harescramble starts without it wanting to die like it did with the PWK.

I haven't updated this thread for awhile, but I just got back from a ride and I have to tell someone that my bike ran AWESOME today! It's never had any where near this much top end or throttle response. I rode everything from off-trail technical stuff to scream-the-guts-out-of-it stuff, and it was flawless. I believe I have it set perfect for the conditions I was riding in today. Oh ya, I had it lugging down extremely low, and it pulled out of it like a champ. This carb allows me to ride like a revver or a lugger, and has actually opened up different lines that I never saw before.

As you can tell I'm more excited about it now than I ever was. I've had it for 3 months now, and I haven't had any problems with it at all since it was installed.

It was an awesome ride today!

I'm still yet to put a decent ride on mine. Was meant to be heading out today but got rained out and cancelled last night. Weather looks fine this morning so I may be able to muster a mate or two for some punishment this afternoon, or just go for a small solo mission.

My findings thus far are that the carb is so simple to setup and tune that that alone should sell them like hotcakes. Its sensitive to adjustments, but offers enough adjustability that you can put it right where it needs to be. Power and throttle response is good everywhere. I think its managed to fill in a bit of a void in the midrange from my previous PWK setup. Would I recommend one. Hells yes! if even only for simplicity!

I raced for the first time with the 38mm Lectron on my bike. It was a very short hare scramble course consisting of slick hard pack, and some muddy spots, but it was mostly hard pack with huge four wheeler ruts throughout. There was a couple of brief 5th gear sections and one short 2nd gear section, but I spent most of the time in 3rd and 4th gear.

The Good:

It started on the first kick on the start line, and I pulled the holeshot.

It idled flawlessly before and after the race. There wasn't much ideling being done during the race.

The bike ran flawlessly all day even after I dropped it or should I say it dropped me?

After a couple of crashes, actually 3, it started on the first kick.

The Bad:

The fuel mileage isn't anything to brag about. I'm estimating that I got 15mpg today. I went 33.6 miles in 1 hour 32min. I didn't measure the fuel it took to refill it, but by eyeballing the lines on my gas jug I'm estimating that I used 2.25 gallons. Kind-of disappointing, but it was a fast course.

6.4km/L = 60km to bone dry. Disappointing would be an understatement.

What mods have been made to your bike? Head etc? Have you played with the float height at all on the lectron? Also whats the fuel specs altitude, humidity and all of that jazz?

6.4km/L = 60km to bone dry. Disappointing would be an understatement.

What mods have been made to your bike? Head etc? Have you played with the float height at all on the lectron? Also whats the fuel specs altitude, humidity and all of that jazz?

RB Squish mod with stock compression; stock pipe with large dent; stock Q-Stealth silencer recently repacked; original topend with approximately 100hrs.; Compression 190psi, which is what it was new also; Float height is standard, but it doesn't dribble out of the overflow; Fuel specs = pump gas 93 octane with Motul 800 at 48:1; Temp 71F; humidity is a guess but probably 75%.

I raced my first enduro with the Lectron last weekend. The carb worked flawlessly from idle to full throttle.

Four Main Points:

1) The top end is much improved over the PWK. Last year I would get ate up in the long, fast, open field sections, but not this year. It was a huge improvement.

2) Last year I felt like I was always caught in between 2nd and 3rd gear on this course, but this year I was pulling 3rd easily in corners that would've been questionable last year.

3) My bike is currently the smoothest running two stroke that I've ever rode.

4) I haven't calculated exact mpg yet, but it appears to be about the same as with the PWK or only a very marginal increase.

I've been using this carb since December and I'm still very pleased with my purchase, and I've had zero issues since getting it set up.

Hey bro I'm picking one up right away for my 250 what size would you recommend?

I only have experience with the 38 on my 250, but I can tell you that I don't regret my choice to get it. I'm guessing that the 36mm will be a little snappier off the bottom, which some might like. The 38 delivers very smooth power off the bottom, but don't mistake that for weak power.

If I was given a chance to swap mine for the 36 I would turn it down, and stick with what I've got.

thought I would pipe in here...

Kelly here from Motosportz, I sell and know these carbs well so take my info as you will. I have done extensive testing and sold probably 60 of these now (many for GG's). MANY VERY happy customers. As many of you know I have several of these carbs. One on a RM125 and one on my bike that gets ridden a ton a husky 125 with a 165 kit and Dome off a KTM200. The bike simply rips. I did a 100 mile ISDE in the high dez yesterday. Was in the 40 expert class. Was probably on the wrong bike as big 4 strokes rule out there and I do own a husky TE511 i could have raced but am prepping for the Idaho City ISDe qualifier and wanted to test some stuff so I took the 165. I must say I was very impressed with the ability to pull out of foot deep loam corners in 3rd gear. I was also impressed and somewhat surprised I could loft the front wheel while blitzing endless whoops in deep silt. I also did two 50 mile loops on about 4 gallons of gas pinned in 6th a lot and like i said in deep power robbing silt. That is great mileage. My milage has gotten about 4-6 MPG better with the Lectron. the adjustable powerjet is excellent. As i usually ride 50-1500 feet and this race was more like 3500-4500 all i did was rach down and turn the externally adjustable powerjet 1/4 turn leaner and BAM my top end was terrific. The metering rod worked perfect as is. No rejetting for top performance, it is right there. I many miles / rides on these carbs, have installed and ridden with many local buddies who purchased them from me the the story is the same. Great performance, way better throttle control, more power, EZ to use, super well supported... just a great carb IMHO. I will not be running anything else on my bikes.

Oh, there are some nice add ons too. We have a short cable choke for bikes that are hard to get to, many different custom configurations and sizes for all bikes including KX100 or whatever. BTW my KX100 Lectron customer is super happy with it. Makes the KX100 way more ridable.

Also as 125-165cc class bike as small bore, small crankcase and big carbs they need a little something different. They like real lean bottom for response, normal mid and rich top. I have designed a metering rod for these bikes that runs fantastic. I am sending this rod to Lectron to duplicate. Real world testing and design for us DB riders.

let me know if there are any more questions i can help with.

thanks
Kelly

So do they come pretty well set up? I'm confused with the 2 adjustable jets and is there a lot of adjusting to find that perfect fit? I just want to find something that has this electric throttle response talked about with a perfect idle. Also what is availability on them?

So do they come pretty well set up? I'm confused with the to adjustable jets and is there a lot of adjusting to find that perfect fit? I just want to find something that has this electric throttle response talked about with a perfect idle. Also what is availability on them?

Lectron prides themselves in setting them up for different bikes. They make everything from YZ85 carbs to harley carbs to hill climbers to Alcohol drag sleds.

they come setup very well. Usually need nothing to a few turns of the rod. Very EZ. Mine has been on a husky 125, husky 165 and RM125 and runs perfect on all. My custom rod is simply me wanting to take it to the next level cuz I like to mess with stuff and these little bike with huge carbs like a little different setup. Loved it as is but found it could be improved on and did that. Now i have something to offer over standard setups and like supporting my customers through my findings / testing.

as for the adjustable, the externally adjustable powerjet is just for the top end, the rod does the bottom and mid and some top and you fine tune with the PJ. This allows you to do things like go richer for sand dunes or leaner for extreme altitude changes. Works great.

Available? Yeah for the last 35 years :D these guys are fantastic to work with, care a lot, are very quick to make changes as needed. Been a great 4 or so months of working with them. Their single cylinder program has really been focused on great running for the last few years. Real good stuff.

So short answer is yes, carb comes 95% ready to go, slight tweaking might be in order then just ride. I have had, and have, piles of standard carbs and a very nice selection of jets, needles and slides etc. and hope to never have to pop the jet case open again. I for one will never run a jetted carb again if I can help it. I 100% converted. Tossed one on my loaner RM125 for the fun of it and yep, works WAY better than the good working carb on it.

Kelly

motosportz

To Kelly
I emailed you the other day about buying a lectron through you
Didnt know you were a member here.Anyway you left me no contact info(I gave you my phone #)
and I hate emailing back and forth So i called lectron direct and even talked to Kevin (that was cool) If I'd known you were a member here I wouldve made a better effort to do business with you.I suggest though for people like me who prefer human voices ,you might consider adding a phone number to your store.
Anyway I will keep everyone here up to date on my findings I sure hope it works well.Kevin said I should have it in a couple days
Stoby

To Kelly
I emailed you the other day about buying a lectron through you
Didnt know you were a member here.Anyway you left me no contact info(I gave you my phone #)
and I hate emailing back and forth So i called lectron direct and even talked to Kevin (that was cool) If I'd known you were a member here I wouldve made a better effort to do business with you.I suggest though for people like me who prefer human voices ,you might consider adding a phone number to your store.
Anyway I will keep everyone here up to date on my findings I sure hope it works well.Kevin said I should have it in a couple days
Stoby

No problem, I don't come here a lot. Kevin is really good people and will set you up. Contact info is on our site here...

http://www.motosportz.com/MZ-Dirt-Contact.htm

Admittedly I am out and about a lot wearing 40 hats so Email always works best for me, sorry. Good luck with it. Feel free to contact me if you need setup info or whatever.

From a non salesman point of view. They are pretty easy to tune Trev. You still need to remove the tank, 3 bolts, and then the slide to make an adjustment so its not something you want to be doing mid muddy ride. My experiences are that the carb delivers 75%-80% of what it claims bolting it in. With some tinkering you can get it to 90% quite easily, but I'm yet to hit 100%. Its as good as my well tuned PWK, but I'm not sure if I would say better. The Keihin is better off idle, the Lectron has noted gains in the midrange. I don't see it as being a worthwhile upgrade for the coin unless if you are having major issues with the Keihin or just plain hate jetting. I've also found the Lectron to be more sensitive to temp/humidity changes than what they would like you to think.

On a more positive note though, its easy to install, easy to tune, and the customer service and backup is second to none. Kevin is closely working with us over here and has been supplying various metering rods, and I believe is also currently working on another profile rod to meet Australian conditions and fuel. You have to give them kudos for that, and once completed the carb may give that extra 10% that I just haven't seen yet.

didnt see it

I searched your site before I emailed and couldnt find a number???/
I'm not the brightest.......
Anyway thanks for the offer of help. You should stop by here more often I'm sure there are a lot of people who would appreciate a little more education on the lectron. Good to be wearing so many hats. Busy is good !
Thanks again
Stoby

I searched your site before I emailed and couldnt find a number???/
I'm not the brightest.......
Anyway thanks for the offer of help. You should stop by here more often I'm sure there are a lot of people who would appreciate a little more education on the lectron. Good to be wearing so many hats. Busy is good !
Thanks again
Stoby

MZ-contactinfo-001.jpg

On a more positive note though, its easy to install, easy to tune, and the customer service and backup is second to none. Kevin is closely working with us over here and has been supplying various metering rods, and I believe is also currently working on another profile rod to meet Australian conditions and fuel. You have to give them kudos for that, and once completed the carb may give that extra 10% that I just haven't seen yet.

Interesting. I spoke to Kevin a bunch about this and some minor struggles with the type of fuels you have there. He may have been talking about you. I have also been dealing with JD EFI tuners I sent to customers in Australia and they don't work like they do here as your fuel is so different.

Back