After trying many setups on my EC250 '08 I came to the following setting:

LTR-0 #3
PJ 42
MJ 180
AS 1 1/2
Slide #7
Sea Level 60 to 90 F
LTR PV cover

Bike run best ever with really smooth of idle power and screems to the moon with near excellent throttle response and control. After running for 2 hours on mixed woods and mx track there is no spooge at all and the plug is a light tan color!

I use the 1369D at #2 when weather is cooler but seems just too fat compared to the LTR but has nice smooth power as stated in this post.

Yesterday I got a #8 slide (as you have suggested), and swapped it to see the difference. I had to go down to 3/4 to 1 out on the AS, but bike was a bit lean-weak off idle, should I go to the suggested 45PJ with AS 2 out or just stay with the #7 slide 42PJ? (I'm just too lazy to change out the PJ!)

Well, I put in the 45PJ and the bike was sputtering off idle with the #7 slide and AS at 2 1/2 out so I swapped in the #8 slide and bingo!

Clean off idle pull and the mid-range lean spot disappeared. Really happy with this jetting! Smooth and strong throughout the board with high overrev.

Now I'm waiting for the MC head to come from Spain just to increase the bottom end. I'll inform you with a ride report.

Sorry but that is incorrect info. The CCK is a C series single taper, the N85 series a triple taper KTM OEM needle. I have seen very rough comparisons of these needles in a table on the Sudco site, but its meant as a very rough place to start when going to a single taper needle from triple taper. I suspect this is where you got your info.

I have these and many other needles, and I assure you they are quite different. If you doubt me, get the JD Jetting spreadsheet and plot the two needles, you will see for yourself.

Hi guys,

I have been running a CCK needle for a while now on my EC300 07 with an 07-08 FMF Gnarly, but will switch back to the LTR.

It runs very well but fuel economy is very bad. In tight enduro with mostly low to mid and very little main jet I can run it on no less than 4 liters per hour. On an MX track it can drink the same but in half an hour :confused: . Riding behind my own bike I can see the blue smoke, but there's no spooge buildup or noticeable load-up. I have tried to lower the needle and go smaller on the main jet, which helped a little bit, but the problem remains.

The LTR has amazing fuel economy and I can get it to run on about 1.5 liters per hour :eek: when riding tight woods. I know it runs fantastic from low to mid and hopefully I can jet it to run well on top too. If anything its nice to know that Les is a quality guy that can give good advice.

Final setting with the # 7 slide is, summer: 42PJ 1.0 turn, CCK #2, 175MJ. Winter: 42PJ 1.25-1.5 turns, CCK #3, 178MJ.

To the best of my knowledge the bike is running well and pretty well set up and with the air filter decently clean.

Sorry but that is incorrect info. The CCK is a C series single taper, the N85 series a triple taper KTM OEM needle. I have seen very rough comparisons of these needles in a table on the Sudco site, but its meant as a very rough place to start when going to a single taper needle from triple taper. I suspect this is where you got your info.

I have these and many other needles, and I assure you they are quite different. If you doubt me, get the JD Jetting spreadsheet and plot the two needles, you will see for yourself.

Yes,you´re right and I have ordered wrong needle :mad: This table from sudco is in many sites, so I supposed that´s correct info... Never mind, I´ll be first one who tested this needle in Gasser :)

Pobit,

Sent you a PM. Was wondering if the CCK would work (i.e. give a nice smooth curve) on a 200? Currently using an N1EE.

Thanks,
Ian.

The CCK#3 is too lean for the 200. The 200 needs more fuel from mid to top.
You can use a C taper needle but it will need to be run in the richer clip position #4. This richer clip position will cause the off idle to be too rich so a leaner straight diameter is needed to compensate. A good setting for a 200 at sea level 65 degrees would be 45 pilot, CCL#4 with a 180 main. This jetting will be torqy with a smooth power band. If the rider is a novice and needs cleaner jetting to prevent fouling, 42 pilot CCL#4 180 main will run cleaner at off idle but will not have as much torque off the bottom. The 42 pilot will also work better in hotter weather if you run out of air screw adjustment range with the 45. Dave

You can use a C taper needle but it will need to be run in the richer clip position #4. This richer clip position will cause the off idle to be too rich so a leaner straight diameter is needed to compensate. A good setting for a 200 at sea level 65 degrees would be 45 pilot, CCL#4 with a 180 main. This jetting will be torqy with a smooth power band. If the rider is a novice and needs cleaner jetting to prevent fouling, 42 pilot CCL#4 180 main will run cleaner at off idle but will not have as much torque off the bottom. The 42 pilot will also work better in hotter weather if you run out of air screw adjustment range with the 45. Dave

Thanks I'll give that a try.

The bike came with a 36mm carb fitted but wasn't right jetting wise and felt very down on power as well. I've gone back to the 38mm which it came with as at least there is a body of knowledge on jetting that. I'll try the N1EE first to get a feel for it then fit a CCL and the settings you suggest. At the moment I am spending a lot of time on WFO but that's on the 36mm. May be different with a 38.

Once I am happy on the 38mm I might try the 36mm again - would running the 36mm just require a bit smaller jets? Or would it be a whole different ball game. The main jet that was in the 36 was much, much smaller (158). I was quite surprised but then I didn't recognise the needle, an N2DL. I was expecting the MJ to be just 1 or 2 sizes down.

It takes me a while to try things and I tend to be conservative as I have no practice area so tests of jetting are during competition. Unfortunately the only places near me to practice are MX tracks and they are so different to enduros it's not valid for jetting.

I think you will find the 38MM a better choice. Try the jetting I suggested. It will give a clean, strong power band with no hit from bottom to top. The 200 needs the bigger carb to get it to rev out. Dave

Pobit,

You genius, you've done it again. Finally got round to trying your recommendations for my 200. Sweet! :)

Thanks.

Which slide would you use w/ this jetting setup? I've got a #7 slide with an N1ED needle and a 38 pilot on my EC200 at the moment, and it's a little iffy down low.

2008 Ec300

My 08 EC 300 came with a N1EF needle, 178 main and 40 pilot.

At 2k altitude at about 70F it runs very clean on bottom and a little lean getting to WFO. The needle was at the #1 position, I raised it to #3 to see if it cures the lean spot.

Can i just add my 2 cents worth on LTR jet kits on my 2006 EC300? I had a noticeable splutter on 1/3 throttle in 1st and 2nd, but smooth as in all positions in all the rest of the gears. The LTR kit cleaned that up and mine carburettes perfectly now.

Thanks LTR!

Can i just add my 2 cents worth on LTR jet kits on my 2006 EC300? I had a noticeable splutter on 1/3 throttle in 1st and 2nd, but smooth as in all positions in all the rest of the gears. The LTR kit cleaned that up and mine carburettes perfectly now.

Thanks LTR!

I ordered an LTR jet kit and received a brass needle, a 180 main and a 45 pilot. The instructions mentioned an insert regarding jetting but the main instructions were all that was in the package. Did I miss anything?

Greg

Hi,

On an EC200 '06 I just tried the suggested CCL @ #3 (no time to check the MJ or pilot yet, only air screw adjustment) and it was a huge improvement over whatever was in there before and cleared up the richness in the first 1/3. The slide is a #5. Sea level, 20 celsius, about average humidity. Riding is in slow 1-2nd gear in super-tight woods, almost trials.

Air screw adjustment is by riding, stopping, neutral, blip the throttle and checking how it settles. Hanging = high, falling fast to under idle = rich.

It's still though slowly loading up. Could it need the #6 slide?

Thankful for any suggestions.

Later, F

Glenn I would love to try a #8 slide in my 300. I have a couple of #7 slides and would like to recut one to make it a #8. If anyone could take good measurements of a #8 slide and post them here on the forum I would sure appreciate it.

Back