New U.S. Enduro Importer Q and A

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think along similar lines to the after market gas tank issue applies to all the bolt-on extras, dampers, guards, bling etc

I'd just like to add that I hope gasgas always goes to clarke as supplier of their fuel tanks - I have never had a bad clarke tank. Don't mean to offend anyone - but the last IMS tank I purchased for my husky fit like crap - one "wing" was and inch higher then the other. I sold it to someone else at a big loss, telling them of the crappiness - they needed it for baja and there was no other option (and still isn't).

I think one thing the factory should do is make it a priority to not change the fuel tank mounting/design for several years - if Clarke sees it changing often - they will be very hesitant to make a tank for the bike.

Jeff

dcg141 - inquiring minds want to know ... who are you? where are you?

I'm the KTM dealer in Senatobia, MS. That is in the Memphis TN metro area. Sell KTM, Husaberg and soon GasGas. Clay and I go back 10 years when he was with Kawasaki. He got me signed up with KTM in 02 and with Berg last year. Memphis had a dealer for GasGas in Collierville but they went out of business a little over a year ago. My name is Donny Graham and the name of the business is Graham KTM. I've been racing and riding since the 70's. I like to do a little of it all. I went motocross racing last weekend and I am racing the LACC hare scramble series. I do some dual sport riding and just trail riding. I do have to say I have never ridden a Gasser so I am looking forward to getting some time on a demo.

I'm the KTM dealer in Senatobia, MS. That is in the Memphis TN metro area. Sell KTM, Husaberg and soon GasGas. Clay and I go back 10 years when he was with Kawasaki. He got me signed up with KTM in 02 and with Berg last year. Memphis had a dealer for GasGas in Collierville but they went out of business a little over a year ago. My name is Donny Graham and the name of the business is Graham KTM. I've been racing and riding since the 70's. I like to do a little of it all. I went motocross racing last weekend and I am racing the LACC hare scramble series. I do some dual sport riding and just trail riding. I do have to say I have never ridden a Gasser so I am looking forward to getting some time on a demo.

Welcome aboard Donny! Thanks for posting your background info. GG are great bikes and will provide an nice alternative for current product mix.

Millville is still a distance from me,, again a 5+ hr round trip,, but with you and canyon,, I now have dealers,, as in plural!! Not just shipped in from the internet,, no offense GF's,,, but would rather deal with actual nearby dealers.. rather spend a bit more to keep them afloat.. I would drive out to T&C in north Jersey which from my old house was a 6-7hr round trip.. I would do it to pick up odds and ends and kick tires.. We ended up with two dealers in Pa that had no clue.. Do you screen potential dealers??? make sure they understand racing and racers??

I'm really happy to see Steve aka "TwoWheels" pick up this great brand and work so hard to promote it here in Michigan.

I finally got a chance to drool over the '10 EC's and bench race with him last week. I'm definitely looking forward to supporting his business by getting my parts there. And if all goes well....a new sibling for my 06 EC3 next spring!

Clay - thanks for spending the time to correspond with us directly. I'll keep my wish list short and sweet. While I appreciate you can't import the bikes with the full Euro EC kits, please see what you can do to have the following two items available in parallel with bike releases:

1) Clarke 3.5g tank
2) Scotts steering damper mount.

Thanks!

Skidad....sorry for the late reply but I have had my first taste of dealing with the EPA this week. Holy cow! Anyway....I hear you guys loud and clear on the gas tank thing. I will start working on it but I don't think it will happen on 2011 models. I did order a pretty good number of Nambotins. I don't know if the factory will let me have them all. I think I can sell quite a few, even at $10k plus. I have not ordered 450s and don't think I will. The Japanese and the orange guys have 450 running out of their ears. Dealers are telling me that 2T sales are good and big 4T sales are slow.

Donnie....10 years? I thought it was closer to 15. :) I am pleased to have you as a dealer.

I got two 2011 E start 300s in this week. The starter seems really strong and turns the bike over easily. I took it down to the local KTM dealership and put it together in their service department and everyone who saw it was really impressed with the bike. I will have it with me next week as I make my way up to Maine for the National Enduro on the 22nd.

Clay

Donnie made a very generous contribution to the website here - so he is now also a site sponsor. On behalf of everyone here - our sincerest thanks for keeping the lights on here!

I'll put up a banner ad for him as soon as his website isn't "totally orange". :) I think he might have to modify his shop name slightly "Graham KTM" seems a little too short... "Graham KTM & GasGas" has a nice ring to it. :D

Jeff
Webmaster
GasGas Riders Club

Great stuff going on here and great to be back after a week of vacation! It was a very hard week not being on the internet.

My '07 MSO was clean also, but it did not matter. This all started in '07, the DMV office where I took my '07 EC250 MSO had a master list, actually in the form of a hard copy printout, that clerk referenced before denying my title and plate. She had the plate in hand ready to give it to me before the supervisor reminded her to check the list. Almost got away with it. Perhaps now its more integrated with the system to elimnate human error, I don't know.

Yeah, I don't see a way around this in NJ but if the objective is just to get reg and plate to enter events, the out of state option works. For true dual sport use or more road riding not in events, where you are much more likely to be pulled over, the the non-resident plate could be a problem but there are not many of those runs here and the 2-stroke is not the best choice anyway.

Glenn, Time to move...

Would like to see dealers carry gasgas riding gear with the logos on them (hebo or other brands) .

Last edited:
GasGas is introducing a complete line of riding and casual wear that should be ready for US distribution over the next couple of months.

While at the factory last month I saw conceptual drawings of both. The products are either going to produced by UFO or Clice.

Casual wear will be availble first, most likely in October, with riding gear availble just before the holidays. US GasGas dealers will be able to order GasGas "garments" as soon as they are available through GoFasters.

A word of caution don't expect any of the products to be at "asian" discount pricing as typically production numbers are not enough to warrant low pricing. Do expect the garments to be of very good quality as typically GasGas logoed products, formerly known as Hebo, have been exceptional.

So, is Hebo out of the clothing business? If so, that's too bad. During our factory tour in 2007, we met some of the people involved in marketing. They could not have been nicer to us.

Hebo is not connected to GasGas in anyway, other than it is located in the old GasGas factory in Gerona, and is now owned by Mesbo.

Mesbo intends the Hebo line to be a HIGH END off-road, sport adventure, trials and casual wear clothing brand.

We may try to bring in some of their offerings if their is an interest.

The way I understood it there would not be a GasGas logo on any of the clothing.

I still have a pair of Hebo pants, the absolute best quality riding pants I have ever had.

I have a pair I got when I first started riding my 97 back in 99,, I still have them and wear them,, the only issues is they have faded some,, and the large gasgas on the legs has a couple letters missing.. the fabric of the pants and stitching is top notch.. The Jersey I wasn't a fan of.. too non-rip.. a thorn bush could latch on to a sleeve an pull you clean off the bike without even the slightest tare..

Hands down the best riding gear I have ever owned. I wore it for years until it was faded then I "out grew" it a little. I would love to have a new set. I'm still wearing a pair of Hebo socks that I bought in 2002.

I have a couple of questions.

Is there a price list available for the 2011 gasgas models?

How many Nambotin edition bikes will be coming to the US for 2011?

Do all 250 and 300 get estart or is it an option?

Will the Nambotin get the estart?

I think that covers it for now?

I am hoping that gasgas keeps the price lower than the new KTM's. I think this could give them a nice advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back