This scares me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv just had a parts dealer here in Ireland tell me he can't get gasser parts ..Because there not supplying anymore because ktm are buying un out..pppffftt! fffnnn bullshit .. its gone too far now.. Chinese whispers! !!
Estonian importer also claims that there is no any problems with parts - factory has been supplying them all the time and the spare parts department has been working.

Apparently none of those crying wolf have been Husqvarna riders in the last 15 years...
If you read Cycle News at all this kind of thing happens all the time to the exotic brands in Europe.
Onward and upward moving forward.

Apparently none of those crying wolf have been Husqvarna riders in the last 15 years...
If you read Cycle News at all this kind of thing happens all the time to the exotic brands in Europe.
Onward and upward moving forward.

In the last 15 years means Italian Husky right? The ones that you can only buy as Shinerays now? Or is that SWMs?

I think the key word in that article is 'rumored'.
The rumored part about KTM doesn't concern me in the least. It is this part...

At the beginning of February we reported once more on the financial troubles Spanish manufacturer Gas Gas was struggling with. Production had come to a halt, with some 500 workers remaining in standby and expecting CEO Yariv Gilat to find a way to solve the company?s lack of liquidities.

Silence fell over Gas Gas? production line, as the company stopped manufacturing both bikes and spares, and even shutting off its R&D department temporarily. Gilat was trying to source some 24 million Euros ($27.4 million) to get things going, but so far the company is kept alive by governmental help, and we all know this can?t last forever. Gilat was confident that February might bring a deal with an investor.

I thought the news was that things have been settled legally and GG is getting back to business?

This is the last thing I have heard that came from someone that should know, certainly not an official press release but I take it as good news, this was last week I believe
" The poker game has been played and it sounds as though GasGas has won the hand. We had hoped for an official announcement this week yet, but now the lawyers are finishing up on the legalities as there are other changes at the factory as well.
We will have the official announcement sometime next week, but the factory is already ramping up to start production again! Things are good! "

I dont see KTM having any interest in GG. Apparently there is some good news for GG riders on the way.

I dont ride a GG anymore or see myself owning one in the near future but I dont want to see any Euro brand disappear.

KTM could take out another 2 stoke competitor for off road bikes and pick up a good trials bike. Raise prices on the endure bikes (KTM) will pay for transaction. Just a business move. All depends on how cheap they can get it. I think it is amazing how expensive dirt bikes are getting. Just a few years ago Clay thought 9k was the ceiling and every 4 stroke is over that now. Good thing us old guys can't stop riding so they have a market.

If KTM bought GG, it would be a crime to the dirtbike world, as far as I'm concerned.

People think 9gs is expensive; a buddy of mine just bought a new 350 six days edition. Almost 14g's CAD out the door! That's about 5gs more than I paid for my current bike......

I like that there are the cool boutique brands like GG, Sherco, Beta, TM etc.
If most of them disappear, then all we really have left is KTM, Honda & Yamaha.

I know that Mark has posted some promising info, but it seems a bit concerning that there hasn't been any official announcement from GG.

If KTM buy gas gas real gas gas bike as we know them will die.
If they don't, they may die anyways. If KTM didn't buy Husky from BMW, BMW would have discontinued the brand and the old Husky as we knew it would be gone anyways also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back