Twisted Engineering - Carbon Bars

All but one of them have the Flexx bars hanging on their walls with no plans to re-install. That one moved the Flexx from his single-track bike to his dual sport KTM.

Downside ? Maybe that they are not adjustable ?

Did any of the people you knew that used to run the flex bars before mention the biggest difference between Te CF bars and the fasst flex bars?

First was the weight. Second was the bendiness in more than one plane.

Some were initially concerned with the lack of adjustibility. Not so much later on.

okay I have had the chance to put in three good rides on my new bars, and I love them. If they brake I will put on my old bars on until my new TE bars come in. That being said I have really bad wrists they are what hold me back. I didn't realize how much until I rode with these bars. I am now riding until the rest of my body is tired. I find that I am riding into stuff like roots and rocks just to see what will happen. It is hard to get use too not having any pain. I can tell that I am hitting them, the bike will still stake around in a long root section but now I can feel the suspension working. I never realized how much energy I was putting it to my riding because of my wrists. I would wheelie over sections and lift the front wheel and place it on everything just to avoid the shock. I now find that I can just ride over stuff like I was 20.
I was starting to think about getting a auto clutch and or stabilizer to make it easier on my wrists, but those thoughts are now gone! So for myself these bars are the best product that could have come out. If your wrists, arm and shoulders are healthy then I am not sure if these would be for you. You may not notice much. I don't run my display unit but looking at how they are mounted this could be a problem of those who like having them.

You could actually run whatever plastic shield/guard/deflector you want. I could put my white EE with the clamps and 1 pop rivet.

Just curious, are there any problems using tie down's with these bars or do you guys use an alternative methode to secure your bike on a trailer?

Just curious, are there any problems using tie down's with these bars or do you guys use an alternative methode to secure your bike on a trailer?

Great question. On all the reviews and such I've read, not once has tie downs been brought up.

i always run soft ties around the lower triple clamps instead of the handlebars anyways.

my bars arrived today :)
Just gotta find the time to put em on now

i always run soft ties around the lower triple clamps instead of the handlebars anyways.

my bars arrived today :)
Just gotta find the time to put em on now

Do you mean that you wrap your soft tie around the fork tube b/t upper and lower clamp? I can't picture what you are describing.

Can't imagine the bars weren't designed with tie down stress in mind, everyone is going to use tie downs for the most part.

Do you mean that you wrap your soft tie around the fork tube b/t upper and lower clamp? I can't picture what you are describing.

Yes, I'll take a picture when I get home. Since the securing point is lower, it's a better angle for the tie downs. Keeps the bike more stable from side to side flop

Yes, I'll take a picture when I get home. Since the securing point is lower, it's a better angle for the tie downs. Keeps the bike more stable from side to side flop

Yeah, I get lower is better, but not wrapping around fork tubes. Asking for trouble. I mean we are only going to like 8-10 lbs torque on the clamps and you are using the fork tubes to hold the bike down? :eek:

It's none of my business though, so rock on.

I myself have a custom piece of 1" plywood that my Condor attaches to in the back of my pickup. With the Condor it basically holds the bike straight up. And it does not require you to cinch down so hard with the tie-downs.
http://store.condor-lift.com/products.php?product=Trailer-Only-Chock

Other advantages include: Keeps the front tire from moving around while driving down a pot-holed forest road to get to the trail head. Makes for easy 1 person load & unload.

I also use the KLIM tie-downs that already have the soft-tie built into them so you don't have to use the separate soft-tie like I used to do.

Built in soft ties for me too, except I cut off the hooks and replaced with 5/16 caribeeners from Lowes. I use a 14" long section of 4" diameter PVC pipe for a front wheel stabilizer b/t tire and fender. No issues and don't even think about it.

Sorry to get off topic, back to the fancy dancy handlebars made out of golf club and fishing pole shafts.:D Just joking around. I will have a pair of these TE bars soon.

I don't load up very often but I will just use the hand guards or just hook into the end of my grips and have the guards hold in place.

I don't load up very often but I will just use the hand guards or just hook into the end of my grips and have the guards hold in place.

Seems like a bad idea if I roll it around in my engineering mind. You'll be constraining a very flexible member with forces multiples of what it was (most likely) designed to see.

Back