2010 EC 300 Water pump shaft snapped & bearing collapsed

Could someone confirm the recommended torque for the clutch case and water pump cover bolts ? 10nm ?

From the workshop manual 10nm on the clutch case and pri side cover. 6nm on the water pump. But the same workshop manual gave me wrong figures for the pri crank nut and clutch hub. Who knows whats right or wrong. I did 10nm on the clutch and wouldn't go tighter. It felt just a bit past snug.

The new impeller, shaft, bearing and retainer in place . Also a new plastic gear on the other end.

I used a 1,5mm shim (don't have any lower) between the impeller and the shaft and I could hear it gently scratching the cover. I added another and with 3mm I couldn't even close the cover. My best guess is there's at least 1mm gap with this setup. Just to be on the safe side, I will throw another gasket on the cover.

So do you have it all installed?
Curious how if it all is working for you.
Thanks

I just butchered a checkpoint impellor by trying to lap down the cooling fins (square them off). Its a no go, so if you're going to do it do the way that GMP suggested and have someone machine from the back.

Does anyone know how much extra shaft hangs out once the seals are in? It wouldn't be hard to lap a couple mms off the shaft itself, or alternatively run a spacer between the gear and the inner race of the bearing in the case. With both you'd have to ensure the impellor doesn't contact on the back side then.

Anyways, I'll email Matt at checkpoint and see if he can update his design.

Jakobi
Curious if you ever heard back from Matt?

So do you have it all installed?
Curious how if it all is working for you.
Thanks

I have it installed but only did a small test run . I can say that for the 10m I used it seems to be fine but I plan to open the wp cover again to see if it's scratching anything. I'll keep you guys posted.

water pump cover

I got my pump cover back on and torqued. Removed to check gasket compression. My new gasket that I made measured 1.3mm, so I gained .8mm of clearance.
Going riding tomorrow, will see if anything shows up-i.e. leaks/running hot

Hoping Jakobi convinced matt to make some changes to the checkpoint impeller the other "Kit" looks like it will stick out a bit too much for my "Scorpion skid plate" :rolleyes:

Hoping Jakobi convinced matt to make some changes to the checkpoint impeller the other "Kit" looks like it will stick out a bit too much for my "Scorpion skid plate" :rolleyes:

I haven't heard back from Matt at all. I might send another just to check he received it.

I'm in the same boat re water pump vs bashplate. I only have limited clearance as is. I don't really want the pump hanging out any further than it is.

Has anyone been contacted from go-fasters about the gaskets
they were to send out for the water pump covers???

My bearing was rusty and gravely. I'm glad I took it apart and replaced everything.

I hope you don't get a gasket like this:

252375_484512471617294_415992685_n.jpg

kits

I received at the last of week update kits from Spain. I hadn't announced it yet as we had been very behind and backed up in receiving GasGas parts meant for dealers. We are completely caught up now and will start shipping Tuesday, May 28th.

My list of people that have sent me a request privately for the kits is very small compared to all the chatter on here about it. In fact, since my request for customers that need an update, I've only received 3 emails into the special request folder I made. So if you want one, please contact your dealer or us and we'll send one each out based on your vin#.

1 impeller, one new cover, and one gasket kit is for bikes models: 2010 and first production of 2011(production from July 2010 until December 2010).

1 gasket, one new impeller in 2nd kit is for bikes models: 2011(production from January 2011 until June 2011) and 2012.

Back