2010 EC 300 Water pump shaft snapped & bearing collapsed

Email sent, mine has a small bit of rubbing, ill be installing the new bits when they arrive. Thanks again Mark!

I sent an email last night with my VIN. I read through this whole thread and was pretty bummed about how many bikes were affected then I saw gofasters post.

I wish I could ride in all the cool places you ride in Australia!

True that.. True that.. I've got nothing to complain about ;)

While on the thread, I did hear back from Matt at Checkpoint. Basically he won't be procuding any updated impellors any time soon. In alignment with his good business ethics though he did offer to replace it with something else from his store. I declined gracefully.

Just out of curiosity, whats a replacement oem impellor worth?

Impeller

I haven't read this thread in a while. How do you figure out build date? As soon as i know, I can get the correct repair ordered.

I understand what GMP is saying, but it would be better if this Matt made a newer impeller that is already machined to just plug and play, maybe with the use of that thicker gasket too. I could find a guy to machine it, but really when I order something I rather if it works and not have to run around town and spend time and gas...heck he could charge an extra $15-$20 and I would pay it to save me the hassle. I'm just saying, not all of us want to play with clay or spray paint and I think that is what some here in this long thread mean.

Anyone interested in making a side cooler cover out of billet??? Maybe that will go on my list as it would serve as a function and be bling, and also stronger and be a good thing to own when packaged with an impeller.

Last edited:
Special Request Folder?

My list of people that have sent me a request privately for the kits is very small compared to all the chatter on here about it. In fact, since my request for customers that need an update, I've only received 3 emails into the special request folder I made. So if you want one, please contact your dealer or us and we'll send one each out based on your vin#.

Not sure what is meant buy "special request folder." I just sent an e-mail request to "sales@gofasters.com." Hope that works.

Thanks a million Mark, Clay, and GMP.

Did anybody get any type of reply when they sent their info to the email gofaster said to use?

Put 3 hours on the motocrosscenter watter pump kit and so far so good. With a few more hours I'll open it up to see if anything .

shipment

All kits were shipped out yesterday and all with the housing as I got tired of waiting for GasGas to tell me what in the vin # verifies between a first half production run and second half. So all that emailed me are getting a new impeller, new housing, and a new gasket. They left via US Postal. If you do NOT get one, somehow I've missed your email or it did not come through.

Mark

Received my kit too! WOW,very complete and impressive kit! That is awesome customer service! I'm a GasGas owner for life! Thanks to Mark and Clay! :D:D:D

Amen!

Received my kit too! WOW,very complete and impressive kit! That is awesome customer service! I'm a GasGas owner for life! Thanks to Mark and Clay! :D:D:D

I can't begin to express how impressed I am at this level of customer service. So I'll just send my humble thanks: Thank you!

Back