APT SmartCarb

One thing I found with the 12 bikes is that there is not enough room to get into the top of the carb with the tank on to use the adjuster , has anyone put one on a 13 bike with the smaller tank .

I adjusted my float level to reduce the amount of fuel in the float bowl.
I biffed twice today in some deep sany turns (front end washed out).
The bike started both time with one kick. Before, it took three to four kicks.
I did have to adjust the carb richer by two clicks, as the bike was running lean.

Tech tip--When installing the float bowl back on the carb, lower the carb onto the float bowl.
If you don't do this, the needle valve tangs will be on the wrong side of the float pins.

Diggs,

I just put a '13 tank on my '12, and the difference is the well is a bit shorter and more marrow, as to not interfere with the frame at all. While I did not measure it, it seems the same depth as the '12 tank. I really hope the cast carb is a bit shorter to allow for easy adjustment. I'll check the specs and compare to the PWK.

Diggs,

I just put a '13 tank on my '12, and the difference is the well is a bit shorter and more marrow, as to not interfere with the frame at all. While I did not measure it, it seems the same depth as the '12 tank. I really hope the cast carb is a bit shorter to allow for easy adjustment. I'll check the specs and compare to the PWK.

Thanks

I have had my tank off the bike for a few weeks , went to put it back on yesterday and it would hardly fit :rolleyes:

Diggs,

We're trying to squeeze everything down as far as we can. Here's a pic of a cast development prototype. GasGas is considering concessions for fitment on 2014s. No for replica runs this year (2013s).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89546082@N08/8438596766/in/photostream/

It sure looks smaller. Is expected delivery still on time? I'll be enjoying my SC tomorrow on the MX track :D.

Cory
What us the overall length of the smartcarb? Anywhere close to 76mm?

Cast...
18118_389037894514659_1084740410_n.jpg

Billet...
205132_389037691181346_1928462585_n.jpg

Cory
What us the overall length of the smartcarb? Anywhere close to 76mm?

Thanks gasgasman for reposting the dimension pics before I could get back here. Afraid we are limited for any substantial dimension changes until further development can be done. GasGas has expressed an interest to consider accommodations for the additional length in 2014. They've made some custom snorkels for testing right now.

94mm:mad: I better keep my jets handy. My OEM crab is too76mm on my YZ......Urrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks for the replies.......

Rick there is a guy running one on his YZ so it is possible. I'm not sure what size my TMX was but I installed the SC on my 08 CR165 Husky. What year and cc's is your YZ?

2005 YZ 125. There is no room, Lectron is also a no! The shock is centered on the frame, air boot wraps around the shock to reach the spigot.

Was at race today with Celticdude and checked out his setup......the Husky has so much more room between the reed valve and air box so a the APT or Electron is a non issue.

Last edited:
Back