APT SmartCarb

Get those guys a microphone!
From what I've read about these...They are similar to a Predator Carb, of yesteryear. A lot guys used them in many hi-performance applications(both racing & nonrace). They basically only delivered as much fuel as an engine could pull, up to 950cfm.

I'd love to see some footage of the bike running at different stages. Idling, part throttle, light throttle, underload. Its easy to supply fuel to a 2T on song with any old carb. I'm particularly interested in how an engine responds to smaller throttle applications. If they could do some back to back footage with different dial settings to show how much a few clicks can vary, and how the bike responds when set too lean it would be major selling points.

I'm all for a 38mm as soon as they're available, but am remaining somewhat skeptical until I get to see one in action myself or start hearing feedback from more unaffiliated sources.

Girard is not affiliated, he paid full for the billet carb. Knows his way around motors and is also an "A" rider. If he says its a good thing its a good thing.;)

Yeah I never implied he was ;) Thus the 'more'.. The positive is that there seems to be quite a few people who have pulled the trigger even on the billet versions so more feedback should be flowing in very shortly!

Just wonder how a divider plate would work in one of those with enhanced low end. Kinda like a RB designs/Smart carb hybrid.

Really interested in low end torque improvements.

I think the nature of the venturi makes the plate not applicable in the way it works in the PWK. Even there the add on ones like the power now were BS on my bikes, did nothing but mess the jetting up a bit.

WOW I just read all 17 pages of this thread and......IF they have one for my 08 Husky CR165 to replace the stock Mikuni I want one now :D.

I think the nature of the venturi makes the plate not applicable in the way it works in the PWK. Even there the add on ones like the power now were BS on my bikes, did nothing but mess the jetting up a bit.

That is correct. The divider plate is intended to keep the airflow concentrated underneath the slide in the lower throttle positions. The problem with that is it again causes funky transitional problems as the carburetor is working it's way through the circuits. The shape of the SmartCarb's venturi accomplishes this effect to a very high degree and no divider is necessary.

Best,

Corey

So would you say if I had an RB design modded carb and moved to something like this I would have at least as much low end torque?

Girard is not affiliated, he paid full for the billet carb. Knows his way around motors and is also an "A" rider. If he says its a good thing its a good thing.;)

+1 If Girard says its good, its probably really good, In addition to the above attributes he is also understated, and really smart.

I sent you guys an email today about a Smart Carb for my 08 Husky CR165 and word was "you have one to fit it" :D! I'm tired of chasing the Mikuni on it so I'll be giving you a call tomorrow to ask a few question and place an order. Thanks for all the feedback on this site.

I sent you guys an email today about a Smart Carb for my 08 Husky CR165 and word was "you have one to fit it" :D! I'm tired of chasing the Mikuni on it so I'll be giving you a call tomorrow to ask a few question and place an order. Thanks for all the feedback on this site.

John01,

Sounds good, look forward to talking to you tomorrow.:)

Sorry Cory I just got in a few minutes ago I'll give you a call on Monday. I hope you have one in stock; can't wait to test one out.

just got back from testing smart carb on ktm200,Wow! Believe all the hype.I,m in for die cast for a 300 EC now.

So tell us a little about the characteristics of the carb. How hard was it to dial in? What about it has you excited?

So which SmartCarb was on the KTM200? I'm getting one for my Husky165 and I'm not sure which one to get. Thanks.

Just got up,after night riding in the rain.Me on my 04 300ec with the worst forks in the world,my buddy Tuxedo with 09 ktm 200xc with awesome smart carb.I helped install the carb last weekend.We did have a few issues with thottle cable length,maybe some old gas.Anyway we really looked this thing over,it is so simple.We go for test ride and it performs like no other carb i,ve ever ridden.I,ve been riding 33yrs,probably owned 20-30 bikes,snowmobiles.As soon as the diecast smart carbs are available i will have a mint 300ec carb with all the mods done to it.But it won,t sell because we will all be switching to the the smart carb!

Back