EC250R 2012 high RPM issue

Hello Jim,

I had some problem with video encoding. I am adding a video.

It was a slow ride :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xBMoWex1NY

Edit: What is the size of BOTTOM STEERING NUT?

Thanks for the video. That was some delicious single track through the hilly forests. I like it. You would like where I ride.

I'm not sure about the size of the bottom steering nut. Sorry. I use an adjustable wrench on mine. (12" Crescent wrench)
I tighten it with the front wheel off the ground, so that I can feel when the bearings start to bind while I tighten it.

Thanks for the video. That was some delicious single track through the hilly forests. I like it. You would like where I ride.

I'm not sure about the size of the bottom steering nut. Sorry. I use an adjustable wrench on mine. (12" Crescent wrench)
I tighten it with the front wheel off the ground, so that I can feel when the bearings start to bind while I tighten it.

Turkey is really beautiful country for Enduro. Unfortunatly people are not interested with the enduro/cross bikes becouse of high vats and prices.

Jim i mean the nut is
AMF_Hook_wrench_with_nose_-_Image.jpg

I am carrying the bike with hands and when i push the front brake and release i sense a small hit on frontend. It is annoying me those days.

Thank you again everyone spare some time to me.

Turkey is really beautiful country for Enduro. Unfortunatly people are not interested with the enduro/cross bikes becouse of high vats and prices.

Jim i mean the nut is
AMF_Hook_wrench_with_nose_-_Image.jpg

I am carrying the bike with hands and when i push the front brake and release i sense a small hit on frontend. It is annoying me those days.

Thank you again everyone spare some time to me.

Will your shock spring adjustment spanner (that comes with the bike) fit that nut? I normally tighten mine with a bump from a brass punch and a hammer.

Will your shock spring adjustment spanner (that comes with the bike) fit that nut? I normally tighten mine with a bump from a brass punch and a hammer.

It did not come with bike :( Normally i am tightening with hammer too but this tool is not so expensive, i am going to buy one if i can find the correct size :)

I've never required the tool for the locnut on the steering stem. It only requires a little over hand tight as the main nut is what torques the whole stem together. A few light taps with a drift will adjust it to where it needs to be.

I've never required the tool for the locnut on the steering stem. It only requires a little over hand tight as the main nut is what torques the whole stem together. A few light taps with a drift will adjust it to where it needs to be.

+1. If you tighten that locknut too much when you actually torque the main nut down it will be too tight.

Have you sorted your jetting out yet? Because yours sounds horrid. Nothing worse then a modern motorcycle sounding like a 15 year old worn out 2 stroke lawnmower :D

Have you sorted your jetting out yet? Because yours sounds horrid. Nothing worse then a modern motorcycle sounding like a 15 year old worn out 2 stroke lawnmower :D

I dont have needles so i only changed mj and iddle. I am still waiting for shipping.
I think my engine sound is good :confused: could you tell me whats the problem in sound?
you should hear my yz125 1998 sound ehuehe.

I dont have needles so i only changed mj and iddle. I am still waiting for shipping.

I think my engine sound is good :confused: could you tell me whats the problem in sound?

you should hear my yz125 1998 sound ehuehe.

It may well be the audio but it sounds like your bike is breaking up quite in the lower revs, the first minute or so in your video when you are using small throttle openings in the tighter stuff is what I'm referring to. Whether it's still very rich and 4 stroking or not I can't tell. It's too hard to tell from audio alone. When you open it up you can hear it clear it's throat and rev, sounds good up there.

A different needle will definitely make things a lot better.

Here's what my '14 sounds like with a Suzuki needle (NEDW) in it:
http://youtu.be/HLwI8_etXQY

Note mine is a '14 300 and will require different jetting to yours. I still recommend you follow any advice given by Jakobi, he owns 250's and is a jetting guru.

<snip>

Note mine is a '14 300 and will require different jetting to yours. I still recommend you follow any advice given by Jakobi, he owns 250's and is a jetting guru.

Thanks for the video. Good stuff!

It may well be the audio but it sounds like your bike is breaking up quite in the lower revs, the first minute or so in your video when you are using small throttle openings in the tighter stuff is what I'm referring to. Whether it's still very rich and 4 stroking or not I can't tell. It's too hard to tell from audio alone. When you open it up you can hear it clear it's throat and rev, sounds good up there.

Watch out to big stones :) You should change gopro case with non waterproof one to get sounds much better.

Needles Current Status: Awaiting Parts for my order :mad: . They have not been sent parts yet. I cant wait to use new needles.

S3 cylinder head highly necessary?

Edit: Fuel consuption is so high. 10,5LT = 75km :(

Last edited:
I don't know about the effect of the S3 head, but the RB Designs head mod really increased my fuel mileage.

I don't know about the effect of the S3 head, but the RB Designs head mod really increased my fuel mileage.

S3 doesn't offer much over the stocker. It looks nice, but the volumes of the inserts are all the same, and the only variable you pick up with them is the ability to adjust the squish height. Generally with the HIGH HIGH (black insert) you still end up with an excessive squish clearance and too much compression. Having an engine builder mod the head to suit your engine and purposes works out cheaper and nets a better result.

If this proves to be a big problem for you, let me know. I bet we can do something to get you the parts you want. It just takes money for the parts and shipping.
I've shipped parts all over the world in the past.

If this proves to be a big problem for you, let me know. I bet we can do something to get you the parts you want. It just takes money for the parts and shipping.
I've shipped parts all over the world in the past.

I am waiting a response from Wemoto.com . I paid for items but it is not clear when the items will be available. I am going to cancel order if the time takes long.

Thank you soo much Tim. Thanks for your concern.

Back