EC250R 2012 high RPM issue

I'm in Australia, and even when there is no stock in the country its only 3 weeks max from Japan. Seems a bit on the long wait side of town.

Hello Guys...

I got needles today but suzuki is not nedj. It is necj . It seems this needle abit leaner than
nedj. An i have yamaha n3cw . What is your offers with them? I am going try mj 175, 38 and 2nd clip for needle ?

So is it most suitable to use 3rd clip position for necj?

I tried my gasgas today with this settings
Mj 175, needle 42 and 2. Clip with necj. Iddle rpm was so high so i setted air and iddle again. Air 2 out. There is not much smoke. I suppose smoke is a good thing for two strokes. and a little bit oil at pipe. The oil so much before. No passing at high rpms and going so smooth. I am afraid to use lean.

I am going to capture a video tomorrow.

Thanks.

Those settings should be pretty close. I have and am running leaner settings on a 2013 250R which gets ridden quite hard. If the jetting is right there shouldn't be much smoke when up to temp, and little spooge.

I agree with other posters that your bike was rich when in the woods which cleared out nicely on the roads. You could hear the richness of the mixture, a '4 stroking' sound the engine was making. It is a very rhythmic sound, quite distinctive.

If in doubt as to which part of the carb circuit you are on make a chart on the handlebar like this. Use tape on both the handgrip and the housing marking the throttle in fourths
throttlemarking_sm.jpg

If you under a 1/4 th throttle consider the primary jet, 1/4 - 3/4ths the needle or needle jet and after 3/4ths the main jet. There is overlap so any change in one can or will affect the adjacent circuit some.

By the sounds of it you were rich pretty low. I would drop the needle a notch and run it again. Changing the main jet for your woods riding is not really addressing your jetting issue.

I don't have a GasGas yet but have tuned other two strokes.

Your riding area is beautiful

You don't want to be excessively lean. If two jets or needles seem the same use the richer.

Hello guys,

I am fine. I tried jump from hill to hill but I ended up landing far from where I was supposed to land. I tried to jump hill with half throttle but the bike was rally powerfull and i missed it again. This time i was over 2-3mt from ground :D

I couldn not capture video. My gopro's battary was low and i could not use it. A friend only took a photo :) But i am going to capture i video with new settings asap.

Edit: My friend needs a front sprocket but our dealer does not had it. Can we use other brand's sprocket by ktm, sherco ?? Any another front sprocket fits to ec250r 2013?

Front sprocket gasgas only.

Photo caption--Wake up daddy.I think now you tune for to much power.

Can we use other brand's sprocket by ktm, sherco ?? Any another front sprocket fits to ec250r 2013?

I think a Sherco front sprocket can be used. My Sherco riding friend got one of my Gasgas sprockets and used it on his 300 2Stroke Sherco.

So what settings did you end up with? If you think the NECJ gave you a surprise you should try an N3CJ/N3EJ :D

I think a Sherco front sprocket can be used. My Sherco riding friend got one of my Gasgas sprockets and used it on his 300 2Stroke Sherco.

We found genuine sprocket thanks.

So what settings did you end up with? If you think the NECJ gave you a surprise you should try an N3CJ/N3EJ :D

NECJ 2.clip position, MJ175, Iddle 42 and air 2 out. 2 hours riding single track, track and little thin oil on exhoust.
Yes NECJ gave me a big suprise. :) . Another gasser rode my bike and he really liked my settings. He has 2014 ec250 and his bike had soo much oil . He asked me about my settings, i said that i got help from australian racing team :p
Actually i am looking for needle has power/fuel consumption/engine friendly :)

How about with N3CJ/N3EJ ??

NECJ in clip 2 will transition pretty strongly. NECJ clip 3 will be a smoother power curve but if that is still a tad rich NEDJ clip 2 will be a bit leaner but not as snappy as the NECJ #2

Back