APT SmartCarb

I was talking with steve about the carbs I will be getting three one for the bike and two for the snowhawk if it's just a list you can add my three

Wow if they were public I'd buy stock instead of a carb!

I'll update the list every couple days.

Put an hour or so more on my Husky today with the SmartCarb and boy this things a KEEPER! I've read for sale ads where the seller say's the bike doesn't come with this or that and IF I was to ever sell my Husky 165 I know the SmartCarb won't be part of the deal. One of the guys that works for me couldn't believe that I had "only" changed the carb after his test spin on it. Awesome product :)!

Details!

Put an hour or so more on my Husky today with the SmartCarb and boy this things a KEEPER! I've read for sale ads where the seller say's the bike doesn't come with this or that and IF I was to ever sell my Husky 165 I know the SmartCarb won't be part of the deal. One of the guys that works for me couldn't believe that I had "only" changed the carb after his test spin on it. Awesome product :)!

Ride a gear taller?
Stretch your arms?
Contemplating gearing changes to really take advantage?
Make a 200 beater out of the bike?

And don't say that you can't wipe the smile off your face. We don't care about your smile. Please, more about the actual performance!! ;)

Its not a nightmare to me because its not a group buy! I agree Trevor if it were it would be a nightmare for sure and I would not be involved! All this is is a statistic for them to guage initial production numbers and price. Group buys are much more tightly controlled with prices defined.

Am I right Corey?

Agreed Glenn. We will be launching our "Kickstart" program I believe next week, which will allow people to put a down payment. Then you will receive a discount and a hat or shirt when the die cast carbs become available. These will be in the order received. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but I believe that is our decision, it's got my vote, however we are carefully weighing the pros and cons of such a deal. Right now it all looks like it's a go. I'll let everybody know.

Thanks Glenn for everything. ;)

Ride a gear taller?
Stretch your arms?
Contemplating gearing changes to really take advantage?
Make a 200 beater out of the bike?

OK to the performance.
Yes I can easily ride a gear taller. Heck I can ride in third gear at a crawl open the throttle and pull away quickly and cleanly.

Yes it's actually an arm streacher with SmartCarb. It now pulls much quicker and much harder through the gears.

Yes I may try a 48 rear to stay in the gears longer to take advantage of the performance gains. When I got the bike new in 125 trim it needed a 52 rear. Then I installed the 144 kit and full FMF and needed to go back to a 50 rear for the 144 and the current 165 cc kit.

This bike started life as my "play" bike and now it's my all time favorite. Iwanted a 200 in a light weight frame I now feel like I have that with my 165. The SmartCarb just put a BIG cherry on top of it. With all around way better performance, a plastic box with lots of Mikuni jets I'll never need again, the SmartCarb is the best mod I'ver ever done to a bike and at 53 years old, lots of bikes, lots of mods, that's saying a LOT :D.

Looks like it's $120.00 to ship to Ontario?? Corey who do you ship with? If it's UPS Canadians will be further disadvantaged by the high brokerage fees they charge. Best solution would be to ship to Canadians using USPS...shipping costs should be less and there are usually no brokerage fees..
As I live close to the US border I use a mail handling service in Niagara Falls NY. Shipping to them is only $18.00...

Ed....

Probably put on the back burner due to Spain's economic woes.:(

I could see GasGas jumping on the SmartCarb bandwagon, if it was a good product and didn't place them behind the big 4/5 companies when it came to production and delivery. Of course pricing for a consumer is a whole different ball game with respects to supplying a motorcycle company at wholesale costs. Competitive pricing would be an issue that I would think SmartCarb could be competitive with a diecast version.

Oh boy not this whole shipping thing again, please tell me Corey that shipping isn't 100+ dollars to ship to Canada. If so me and my buddies are out 2. I can't believe I can get a set of trelleborgs sent to me for 50-60 bucks but a carb will cost me upwards of 150 bucks???? USPS is the only way to ship to Canada or we get totally screwed on brokerage with ups or FedEx.

Well the ups guy left a card at mine this morning ,153 pounds or near 250 dollars :eek: , thats what comes of being impatient:rolleyes:

Back