APT SmartCarb

That is the correct cable. Maybe have a look at the throttle valve and spring connection? This cable fit like a glove on my bike. best of luck.

I bought the Motion Pro 10-3000 and can't get any free play in the cable at all. Did I get the wrong cable?
I haven't started it yet.

The M-P 10-3000, is the longer +4'' cable. Many bikes have this cable and it fits/works well. Check to make sure the cable end is all the way up into the slide and routing is correct.

OK, I'm convinced that I have the wrong cable (although it was labelled 10-3000). I need something longer... The slide is definitely not closing all the way. Not even close. Photos show the cable attached to the carb. Adjusters are in all the way on both ends. One of the slide with cable attached. One showing how far the slide is open with cable attached...
EDIT--- I went on the Motion Pro website. Cable housing length for the 10-3000 is 41.73 inches, which I have. Measuring exposed cable on my OEM cable (while attached to the OEM carb with slide closed) is 2.75 inches. Exposed cable on the Motion Pro (while attached to SmartCarb with slide closed) is 2.05 inches.
Any thoughts or recommendations?

Attachments

• 20140505_124609[1].jpg
    20140505_124609[1].jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20140505_125011[1].jpg
    20140505_125011[1].jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20140505_125019[1].jpg
    20140505_125019[1].jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
The nipple on the end of the cable does not look to be fitted in the slide right , to my eyes anyhow , it should sit inside the recess

OK, I'm convinced that I have the wrong cable (although it was labelled 10-3000). I need something longer... The slide is definitely not closing all the way. Not even close. Photos show the cable attached to the carb. Adjusters are in all the way on both ends. One of the slide with cable attached. One showing how far the slide is open with cable attached...
EDIT--- I went on the Motion Pro website. Cable housing length for the 10-3000 is 41.73 inches, which I have. Measuring exposed cable on my OEM cable (while attached to the OEM carb with slide closed) is 2.75 inches. Exposed cable on the Motion Pro (while attached to SmartCarb with slide closed) is 2.05 inches.

I am having the same problem.... cable is long enough, but exposed cable isn't. I hacked up my stock cable to get more exposed cable length, but it probably won't last long! I have the cable end flush with bottom of slide.

myrcrocks, are you using the stock throttle housing? I have a loose 10-3000 in the garage and the length is the same 41.73''.

I'm using the stock throttle housing.
EDIT--- I just spoke to Larry at Motion Pro, and my cable meets the proper specs... which means that it isn't an improperly labelled 10-3000 cable. I may have to have a custom cable made, I guess...

Last edited:

Several things. You will want to unscrew the brass cable guide out that came with the cap. Screw the threaded end of the motion-pro cable into the threads in the cap, all the way down until it is snug against the lock nut. Then you will want to file or sand the end of the cable nub so it will go in all the way flush with the retaining area on the slide. You shouldn't be able to see the cable end hanging out. Do those things and I'm sure you will have enough cable.

Best,

Corey

Several things. You will want to unscrew the brass cable guide out that came with the cap. Screw the threaded end of the motion-pro cable into the threads in the cap, all the way down until it is snug against the lock nut. Then you will want to file or sand the end of the cable nub so it will go in all the way flush with the retaining area on the slide. You shouldn't be able to see the cable end hanging out. Do those things and I'm sure you will have enough cable.

Best,

Corey
Thanks Corey.
Will update tomorrow.

Best,

Corey
This was the fix! Thanks!

Found a package on my doorstep last night. Low an behold my cast SC finally arrived. Now I have to find time to install it.

Float bowl picture??

Does anyone have a picture of the inside of the SC float bowl? I just opened mine up and there is a black mesh like material in the bottom. I am curious if this is supposed to be here or not. I can't imagine what that may do in the float bowl.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Back