APT SmartCarb

Hey guys Im new here but Im in AZ too and just curious where MM 4 is at? Thanks

MM4 is off of hwy74 at mile marker 4. Depending on where in AZ you are? There maybe some riding closer to you?

I am going out again on Thursday to ride? You are welcome to come along? PM me so we don't hi-jack this thread.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Ok cool and by no means tryin to hi-jack. I cant wait for the updated results from wallybean, this smartcarb is looking really great.

Well I am not going to be much help here for the time being. On our way to Arizona we stopped in Laughlin to ride that Sunday afternoon as we weren't going to make it to the mm in time. 8 miles into my initial ride, I caught some air over a rise and missed the trail slightly on the other side right into a barrel cactus and the endo ensued. My entire left leg is swollen up and black, purple, and looks like a rotten sausage. Up until then the SC made serious power but needed quite a bit of adjustment as I was too rich on the bottom. What is great about this carb is the ability to stop, shut off the bike, reach around the tank and adjust in seconds gloves on. I had made several clicks in adjustment before the unfortunate mating with the barrel cactus. What is really encouraging is how well it runs even though it was rich. Pulled amazingly well and ripped. Was getting better with each adjustment. I wasn't able to do any flat out rips through the gears as the area we were riding in is fairly technical.

I still hope to get some time in before I head north.

Get well soon - the fate of APT depends on how the entire cafehusky and ggr.org communities receive your feedback;)

PlusOnePerformance

Well I am not going to be much help here for the time being. On our way to Arizona we stopped in Laughlin to ride that Sunday afternoon as we weren't going to make it to the mm in time. 8 miles into my initial ride, I caught some air over a rise and missed the trail slightly on the other side right into a barrel cactus and the endo ensued. My entire left leg is swollen up and black, purple, and looks like a rotten sausage. Up until then the SC made serious power but needed quite a bit of adjustment as I was too rich on the bottom. What is great about this carb is the ability to stop, shut off the bike, reach around the tank and adjust in seconds gloves on. I had made several clicks in adjustment before the unfortunate mating with the barrel cactus. What is really encouraging is how well it runs even though it was rich. Pulled amazingly well and ripped. Was getting better with each adjustment. I wasn't able to do any flat out rips through the gears as the area we were riding in is fairly technical.

I still hope to get some time in before I head north.

Aww! Walt sorry to hear that. What can be construed as quite a bit of adjustment though is still very very small. 20+ clicks is still less than one clip setting on a conventional metering rod. I personally like a little leaner setting on the idle, just to where you whack it open there is no stumble. This gives you a lot of gains in fuel economy and a nice clean tip in.

Sorry to read about your crash Walt and hope you heal up quick. I've never seen a cactus to try and jump over one but I know landing on one wouldn't be fun :D.

Aww! Walt sorry to hear that. What can be construed as quite a bit of adjustment though is still very very small. 20+ clicks is still less than one clip setting on a conventional metering rod. I personally like a little leaner setting on the idle, just to where you whack it open there is no stumble. This gives you a lot of gains in fuel economy and a nice clean tip in.

You are 100% right Corey and I had just started to make adjustments. Had only gone 4 clicks which is pretty minor in the grand scheme of these carbs. I had made two adjustments of 2 clicks each time.

Sorry to read of the wreck. On the up side: better a barrel cacti than a grove of horse crippler!!!

It wasn't the barrel cactus that did the damage it started it with its cement like density and the bars, ground, and my own bike making sure I had good soil contact did the dirty work.

It wasn't the barrel cactus that did the damage it started it with its cement like density and the bars, ground, and my own bike making sure I had good soil contact did the dirty work.

Hope you're healing up Walt! We're all curious to hear how the SC is working for you, but more importantly that you're on the mend.

Hope you're healing up Walt! We're all curious to hear how the SC is working for you, but more importantly that you're on the mend.

Thanks for the thoughts Corey. I am hobbling around on two bad legs and it is now snowy and cold. It may be a couple of weeks before I can actually do some more work with the carb. Sorry for the delay and I will report fully as soon as I can.

MM4 is off of hwy74 at mile marker 4. Depending on where in AZ you are? There maybe some riding closer to you?

I am going out again on Thursday to ride? You are welcome to come along? PM me so we don't hi-jack this thread.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
Sorry for the hijack. I'm moving to Sierra Vista. Where's the closest single track?

singletrack in SV

Brown's Canyon!!! OK it's not for dirtbikes, but if you don't have a mountain bike for cross training, buy one just for this trail. It is fantastic singletrack. But it was MTB only when I lived there 10 years ago (actually lived in Hereford, right next to SV). There is an MX track in SV also, but that was before I became a real dirt bike rider (enduro, LOL), so otherwise I don't know about enduro trails. There is a massive two track loop that wraps all the way around the mountains west of Sierra Vista, I used to drive it in the jeep but would be fun on a desert bomber enduro bike. There are a few mountain roads that go up west of Sierra Vista, up into the pines, so you will get some good elevation change. TONS of BLM land there, so the roads that go through the BLM land will be fun. A few roads around the Dragoon mountains (beautiful and good rock climbing) will be fun also, sandy. I think a bike with tags would be the most versatile. Great place to live, great sunsets, good climate, not too hot or too cold.

There's some hideously difficult trails in Fort Huachuca but not many of them. I've ridden all over the area around Bisbee but I'd really like some mountain single track like Colorado.

Probably Prescott I guess.

I'll probably get a place in Hereford with a few acres I can set up for the trials bike.

Back