APT SmartCarb

There's some hideously difficult trails in Fort Huachuca but not many of them. I've ridden all over the area around Bisbee but I'd really like some mountain single track like Colorado.

Probably Prescott I guess.

I'll probably get a place in Hereford with a few acres I can set up for the trials bike.

Anything south of Tucson is out of my area I don't know of any ST. Mtn st like Colorado is going to be tough to find unless you head up to Flagstaff. And even then most of the good stuff has been closed down to motos. Most of the trails I know of in Prescott are in lower elevations and not in the pines. Campwood north of prescott is really good, but more of a weekend/over night destination.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Well my cast version has finally arrived and waiting for me at Work. Going to try on the Gas Gas 300 and a TM 125.

Looking forward to trying it out when its not 40 degrees.

Got this from Liz at SC:

Now that we are delivering to customers I am finally able to give an accurate date that you can expect delivery. I have scheduled orders by week, only putting 25-30 carbs per week, which should be easily accomplished (goal is to get up to 45+/-). Orders have been scheduled up to March 7th prior to your orders. We will most likely be ahead of schedule, but all orders should be satisfied by the end of March. If you have a timeline you were hoping to receive the SC by, please contact me and I can give you a more specific week.

When we first started this process building and quality control- making sure everything is just right (which is very important), it took a little longer than I would have liked. We have now put things in place to increase our production significantly.

We really appreciate your patience and support. Contact me directly if you ever have any questions.

My direct line is 816-416-7143

Best Regards,

Liz Harvey

APT SmartCarb

If I were to buy the cast SmartCarb do I need a different throttle cable (03 GG EC250)?

The stock GG cables normally work, but they've had some scatter through the years because of carb availability to them. We recommend the M-P slide light 10-3000. It's about 2" longer and makes for a little better fit.

I have read some of this thread at times but would like a answer as to how these carbs are working ? Are they worth the money ? This is a great idea to improve the bikes running and do they give you better fuel milage ? No More oil out of the pipe ? So why should I have this carb on my bike ?

Now that cracked me up!

Here are the cliff notes via my experience with an early pre-order billit:
-I get better fuel milage. 7% better at race pace.
-I have ridden from 2000 feet and 100+ degrees to 10,000+ feet and just above freezing and have never once wished I had jets to fiddle with.
-I have a broader, smoother, more linear powerband than I had before.
-I went from a tiny weep at the tailpipe to just a dust ring.
-I did have to replace my tip-over valves, but APT's customer service has been equal to the best I have received anywhere for anything.
-If you take gasgasman's advice and start at his first post in this odyssey, you will see that there have been some that have had less than the overall positive experience that I have had. Some were genuinely disappointed in their Smartcarb and happily went another route.

However, APT has a money back guarantee if not 100% satisfied. So my advice would be to get one and find out if its for you. If it is for you, you will be very happy. If it isn't, then put it back in the box and send it back.

Thank You andoman , and thank your daughter for her service my son is a green side medic in the navy . So I have a 200 gasser 2006 that is a possibility but I am getting a dual sport of some sort ? 300 gasser ? Still research it out ? I read some of this thread a few times but at 1200 plus reply I do not have the time or desire . I will call and talk to Smart Carb and try it on my 200 . I have time winter will never end here this year ! 0 degrees tonight cant wait for spring :cool:

My 38mm showed up a few weeks ago but it's not on yet! Too damn cold and too busy with work to get it on. Hopefully after I get back from vacation the weather will be better!

I have had mine for a month but I recently started a new business and have hardly had time to sleep, let alone tinker and ride. I'll post up a review when I actually have a chance to install, tune and ride.

Well got my cast SC installed bike started
up fine but is racing to high idle after starting. Using stock 12 gg 300 throttle cable I had to remove the top of stock carb to allow the slide to close fully the SC one will not allow the cable to slide in also there is very little play and both ends of cable adjusted all the way in. Sounds like I have an air leak somewhere. Maybe someone has experienced this on there 12 and can give me an idea where to start looking. Oh and its a tight fit.

Same with mine. Cable fits but is very tight and slight increase in idle when turning bars. Idle seems to have a mind of its own at this stage.

I did try and order a longer cable Motion Pro 10-3000 but ordered 10-3001 in error and its even shorter. Bugger.

Looked at float height last night and I think I need to turn fuel off at night as I could not start the thing in morning. APT out, Keihn in for the Easter break.

The short ride I did have was promising though. More this week end.

I bought the Motion Pro 10-3000 and can't get any free play in the cable at all. Did I get the wrong cable?
I haven't started it yet.

Back