Favorite Pre-Mix Oil

Did the math. Check the graduations on the bottle, divide into the ounces, and you get 112:1. Have used Opti2 for motocross, desert, and point to point races in Mexico. Great performance and engine components life.

Well, Amsoil seems to be very popular. What about Maxima Castor 927? I was told it was good.
Trying to decide which oil to start running in new bike. I like to start off with a good oil and stick with it.

I have been using 927 for quite some time now and have not had one issue with gumming or being dirty. The maxima 927 pro formula is not your average old castor oil. The stuff is awesome.

On a budget Goldon Spectro want the real deal Golden Spectro sx fast A rider on a smallbore. Running Spectro for 20 plus years. Bikes have been bullet proof! Knock on wood! Mostly Husky two strokes which are pretty bullet proof and a pretty big handful of gassers in the 200 250 and 300 flavors. Which are pretty tough as well!

Have any of you used Bel-Ray 2T oils? I am asking as my local dealer has started to stock Bel-Ray rather than Maxima and I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread.

Fantastic oil , used H1R on my road racers with zero issues. On strip down the top and bottom ends stayed in excellent condition, 43hp RS125 and 87hp TZ250 , so motors in a high state of tune .
IMO go for it :-)

spectro platinum sx 2 100% synthetic @50:1 w/ 92-93 pump gas
Had really great results with this oil
Got a little spooge , but hey I'm putting oil in the gas- it's gotta go somewhere
and we like the tight technical stuff.
everything looks great on teardown-very satisfied
BUT man does it cost ALOT more these days than when I first started using it around 04'(?).
But I guess I'm paying ALOT more for rotella also.

Just wanted to share my positive experience after switching to Motul 710 @ 42:1 mixed with 96 octane (non ethanol) race fuel.

For the first few tanks in my new (to me) and first 2T I ran premium pump gas (~92 octane) with 42:1 Motul 800. I prefer to ride steep, slowish, technical singletrack and was getting A LOT of spooge with that setup (running down the silencer onto the swingarm :eek:). I did my homework herein (thanks everyone!) and switched to Motul 710 and increased fuel octane/quality and WOW... bike still runs perfect but zero drool down the silencer.

I'm sold on the higher octane/Motul 710 solution.

I have read that some oils smell like bubblegum.

Are there additives only that change the smell?
like bubblegum, bbq, etc.

I have read that some oils smell like bubblegum.

Are there additives only that change the smell?
like bubblegum, bbq, etc.

Elf 2XT Tech used to smell like bubblegum quite strongly, they seem to have changed it in the past few years because its smell is not as potent now.

Esters, the chemical compounds, are very aromatic and often described as fruity smelling. The Elf oil is synthetic ester based, so it does smell 'bubblegummy'.

There are likely others which smell fruity, but I have experience with the Elf oil.

The smell is just there from the oil itself, it doesn't burn off to smell fruity.

Just wanted to share my positive experience after switching to Motul 710 @ 42:1 mixed with 96 octane (non ethanol) race fuel.

For the first few tanks in my new (to me) and first 2T I ran premium pump gas (~92 octane) with 42:1 Motul 800. I prefer to ride steep, slowish, technical singletrack and was getting A LOT of spooge with that setup (running down the silencer onto the swingarm :eek:). I did my homework herein (thanks everyone!) and switched to Motul 710 and increased fuel octane/quality and WOW... bike still runs perfect but zero drool down the silencer.

I'm sold on the higher octane/Motul 710 solution.

+1 made the same change

Motul 710 for trail rides and tight technical races and Motul 800 for the fast races! I run them both at 50:1 and never had any trouble. Before that I ran Honda HP2 for years but Honda has changed manufacturers of their oil and it just doesn't seem to be as good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used Motorex Power Cross @ 40/1 with high octane or avgas in all my 2ts for a decade but no one has mentioned it.
BTW that's avgas when readily available and not jet01 which would be bad.
Is there something about Motorex in enduro bikes I don't know about?

I have used Motorex Power Cross @ 40/1 with high octane or avgas in all my 2ts for a decade but no one has mentioned it.
BTW that's avgas when readily available and not jet01 which would be bad.
Is there something about Motorex in enduro bikes I don't know about?

There is a bit of talk on Dbw on it being a recipe for engine trouble, but lots of people use it with no problems.

I'm using 'Exol Optima Racing 2 Stroke' - http://www.exol-lubricants.com/automotive/products/details/?PID=62

Sounds cheesey, but has all the highest specs (read the JASO and API tests, they are mean!), is fully synth, has a good flashpoint etc.

That and you get 10l off of ebay for ?55 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-5LTR-...875?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a2fee935b

Even better, one of the bottles leaked a bit in transit, I measured the waste at 400ml, so they sent me another 5 litres :cool:.

Smells good, piston is nice and wet when I take it apart, and unbelievable value so I happily use 30ml per litre.

Back