Lectron Carb

My lectron came with an adapter/adjuster and a sleeve to keep the muck out
Both fit my cable fine . My cable on my bike was pretty tight already with almost zero adjustment needed from my throttle.Hoping your cable works.You should be getting the right adapter and sleeve with your kit, I did .
Another thing that was kind of a pain but also nice is the carb is bigger which makes sliding it in difficult but the extra length now provides a nice seal to my airboot as compared to before where it was always just barely on.

we and Lectron ship all our cables with the "metric" adjustor and it should be fine for your installation.

I could probably rotate the carb for access too but I got out of that habbit as I think it wears on the intake manifold a bit if you do it too much.. I've done it too much.. Hahah!

How is this carb for altitude changes? Here in CO, I live at like 6,000 feet but ride up to 9,800 feet, and beyond routinely all in an outing (plated 2012 EC300). I am also looking at the APT SC, but $700 for the billet is pretty steep...I can do it won't kill me but if the Lectron once dialed in needs no adjustment requiring removing stuff then I rather save a little money. (Yes, I know about the APT Cast Carb, which is delayed).

I'm a rider, not a mechanic and this Jetting deal is foreign to me. I want the least amount of tinkering as possible with a Carb.

I'm hoping the same thing because altitude change is big here as well but more the temperature is an issue for me as we ride from -15c to +30c here summer and winter. If its only an adjustment of a clicker one way or the other I can live with that no problem. Man I hope it come Monday I'm dying to try it out!!

First ride

Took her out for a short ride 1 1/2 hours today Was going to do the jday but had too much going on. Now glad I didn't
First hour happy as a pig in slop ran great I ride a gear high most of the time in tight woods and let the 300ccs do their job I could pull second down to a walking pace and she would recover nicely.I do think that there is a bigger spread between throttle opening as i've seen others mention I have the G2 throttle with the slowest cam and It felt like I added an even slower cam But I'm happy with that.In the rocks and such I'm happy to not launch my bike when I jostle the throttle=reason I bought and have been happy with the g2
I have no problem twisting the throttle to gain speed And it did rip when I let her loose. About an hour in though she started sounding lean and I was getting a hunting idle.Got so bad I got scared and babied the bike back to the truck. Plug was grey when I pulled it. Now I've got to do some reading
Also this could be my fault as when I was messing around taking the carb apart to fix the cable problem I broke the top gasket(thick gasket)I used some sealall and it seemed to be fine.Hoping/ thinking maybe the gasket let go and was letting air in?
If I get a chance I'm going to call Kevin tomorrow as I need a throttle cable and another gasket,and will see what he thinks if I dont learn anything reading the manual. Or if Kelly reads this can I get that stuff from you or would it be better to call them? The bike ran great for an hour and I mean really smooth with tons of power. Always something.........
I will pull the top and check the gasket tomorrow.
Any input welcomed
Stoby

If it was running fine and then all of a sudden was not I am guessing the carb is not the issues. I have hundreds of hard miles on several of them and never experienced anything like that. In fact it is the consistency that I love about these carbs.

As for the cables call Kevin. I do not have any in stock right now and I think he just got some back in.

Glad you liked it. GOBs of happy customers on the CafeHusky forum.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Kelly

How is this carb for altitude changes? Here in CO, I live at like 6,000 feet but ride up to 9,800 feet, and beyond routinely all in an outing (plated 2012 EC300). I am also looking at the APT SC, but $700 for the billet is pretty steep...I can do it won't kill me but if the Lectron once dialed in needs no adjustment requiring removing stuff then I rather save a little money. (Yes, I know about the APT Cast Carb, which is delayed).

I'm a rider, not a mechanic and this Jetting deal is foreign to me. I want the least amount of tinkering as possible with a Carb.

In my experience and also via a good friend in Montana that runs them from 50 feet to 9000 feet they are very good at altitude compensation. I sent my personal one up (On a husky 165cc bike) for the 50-2000 foot elevation we ride typically on the Oregon coast. Weekend before Last i did a 100 mile ISDE and it was 2200-3500 feet, ran exactly the same but I did turn the externally adjustable powerjet leaner 1/4th turn (2 seconds to do this) and it gained some top back. Once you set these initially they are very stable IMHO. The huskys come with a CRAP TMXx carb, about the most finicky POS I ahve ever ran. This carb is the oppisite of that mess.

Just got back from a 6 day trip to Moab. Before I went I was riding my 2011 ex250 with my Lectron carb that I bought from Kelly at about 8500ft here in Colorado. Ran like a raped ape. I thought i had my old carb dailed in perfect but with this Lectron, night and day difference. Power all the way around. I shift half as much going up tight technical trails and catch myself being a gear higher. Powers right out with out any bog. Never touched the carb. Just bolted it on. I took it to moab and put around 9 more hours on it. Never touched it and I dropped down to 4500ft. Bike ran great. I can only speak for myseld and only for the Lectron carb but this carb is a must do for people like myself that go from 6k feet to 10k on one short ride. Best bang for the buck I have ever spent on a bike. On a side note I have noticed not one spec of spooge out the pipe. Not even a trace. I know I might get Crap but I run sabor at 80 to 1. I always had a little spooge. With this carb at the same oil ratio I have none.

I just got mine in the mail today! Ill bolt it up and take it for a ride on Thursday and put it threw the rigours. Hopefully I have your luck and no adjustment is needed!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367892618.397797.jpg

Looking forward to your evaluation Trev! Use your calipers and measure up the length of the rod for comparison to others. Same with the power jet. I think from memory I'm around 50.25mm and 3/4 of a turn.

Well no dice on my throttle cable, I have the adapter for the t3 but it is 2 short and will not reach no matter the routing. I guess I'll buy the same one singletracker bought. I tried a 10-3000, and 10-3001 and neither will reach. I tied the 10-3000 on but the slide was still pulled up. Bummer I was stoked to try it but she would even fire

Well I'm tired but I got it to fire and seems to idle fine with the t3 10-3000. It's just long enough. It only ran for about a Minute but I had to laugh. Virtually no smoke and when I twist it holy crap does it bark at me lol. Excited to play with it tomorrow

Mine still smokes pretty decent when its cold and especially on choke. It clears up pretty well though. Same same deal with the PWK for me though too. Make sure you check the throttle doesn't hang up when you turn the bars too Trev. I think you'll find she has an impressive mid range boost. Thats where I noticed the most gains.

Yup I checked that, that's why I went to the t3 threaded cable because the cable would hang up and pull occasionally. Ill hopefully get it out Thursday for a good boot to check it out. Looks like a good quality product though and I like how it's a little longer so seals around the air boot much better.

Just got back from a 6 day trip to Moab. Before I went I was riding my 2011 ex250 with my Lectron carb that I bought from Kelly at about 8500ft here in Colorado. Ran like a raped ape. I thought i had my old carb dailed in perfect but with this Lectron, night and day difference. Power all the way around. I shift half as much going up tight technical trails and catch myself being a gear higher. Powers right out with out any bog. Never touched the carb. Just bolted it on. I took it to moab and put around 9 more hours on it. Never touched it and I dropped down to 4500ft. Bike ran great. I can only speak for myseld and only for the Lectron carb but this carb is a must do for people like myself that go from 6k feet to 10k on one short ride. Best bang for the buck I have ever spent on a bike. On a side note I have noticed not one spec of spooge out the pipe. Not even a trace. I know I might get Crap but I run sabor at 80 to 1. I always had a little spooge. With this carb at the same oil ratio I have none.

great report, thanks. BUT, I personally would rather run 40:1 and clean up some spooge, this is the lubrication for your piston and top end.

Back