APT SmartCarb

So, reading this a little closer I assume this guy in Austrailia actually never tested one, but is just speculating. Why even consider his opinion then. I doubt he could do more to a PWK than Ron can, and Girard went from an RBD modded carb to a Smartcarb. FWIW, I never had big problems with jetting the old PWK Air Stryker 1 carbs on any bike. I mean I had normal issues but once the slide was correct it was fine for multi season riding with very minor tweaks, on GGs and KTMs. Seems to me these newer AS2s bring a new level of variability to the table. Greater signal strength + tolerances = greater variability.

So, reading this a little closer I assume this guy in Austrailia actually never tested one, but is just speculating. Why even consider his opinion then. I doubt he could do more to a PWK than Ron can, and Girard went from an RBD modded carb to a Smartcarb. FWIW, I never had big problems with jetting the old PWK Air Stryker 1 carbs on any bike. I mean I had normal issues but once the slide was correct it was fine for multi season riding with very minor tweaks, on GGs and KTMs. Seems to me these newer AS2s bring a new level of variability to the table. Greater signal strength + tolerances = greater variability.

That's correct he hasn't tested one for himself. I wasn't so much considering his opinion as I was curious about the actual answer from Corey. I knew I'd read somewhere in this thread the smart carb compensated for temp I just wanted the actual reason why it did.

Corey thanks for the prompt reply as always.

Dunno what Ron does to carbs but here's what he does to his PWK's:

Originally Posted by n_green

Different subject, what's involved in blueprinting a carb?

Here's what I do, others may do different stuff...

* Taper bore of intake end to match the reed valve assembly.

* Hand cut the bell-mouth/venturi to match the air horn

* Fit a deep-body main jet cap

* Hand finish the pilot air inlet

* Fit an O'ring to the pilot air screw

* Equalise the float heights

* Fit a spring-loaded needle retainer

* Custom match the return spring to suit application/customer

* Set float height and re-jet

The SmartCarb is the real deal. I sent mine from VA to WA for a CafeHusky member to test. His results/findings on a 125 Husky is proving that even on a small bore bike you get big results. His next test will be with it on a 165 Husky like mine, then on to a 250 I think. I wanted a second opinion just in case my ol butt-o-meter was totally broken. We are going to bolt it on my son's 2011 TM 250MX when it gets back before putting it back on my 165 Husky. His TM has the RB mod and works extreamly well.

Any updates on the cast ones coming into production? Did we decide we'd try and go ahead with a ggrider group order?

Corey,

Any word when the modified billet units will be in stock? I'm ready to fork over my hard earned cash right this second.
I went to your website and the only option in the "store" is to "notify me when available."
Should I just call and order one?
Thanks.

Guys, again, there is no group buy! Corey has stated that a pre order program has been approved and will be set up on the APT site soon. I'm sure he will keep us posted. I imagine this will be a simple deposit for a slight pre-release discount, but on an individual basis.

SmartCarb's facebook page announced that they are sold out on the billet carbs.

Here's their post:
Quote:
"Due to overwhelming interest in the APT Billet Performance Series SmartCarb we have depleted our current inventory of 36 and 38mm sizes. We have committed to an...other manufacturing cycle of Billet Performance Series Carburetors to continue to make the SmartCarb available in these popular sizes until we release the die cast versions next spring. We are developing a pre purchase order program for the cast version and should be released early December. If you are wanting to be put on the email list for this program, please email stevetutt@powerapt.com. Thanks for all your support in this process."

Guys, again, there is no group buy! Corey has stated that a pre order program has been approved and will be set up on the APT site soon. I'm sure he will keep us posted. I imagine this will be a simple deposit for a slight pre-release discount, but on an individual basis.

Thank you all for your interest and patience. Pre order program will begin Friday morning. All details will be posted on our website, facebook and open forums. :D

Waiting on the bank to finalize the account for our pre purchase program today. Supposedly around 2:00 pm central time. For those wishing to pre purchase today sorry for the delay.

CD

For those trying to pre-order online, APT has been experiencing some issues with the site over the last hour or so. For more detailed information please call Steve @816 286 8796. Thanks.

For those trying to pre-order online, APT has been experiencing some issues with the site over the last hour or so. For more detailed information please call Steve @816 286 8796. Thanks.
Thanks for the update Corey. I just completed pre-purchase of a 38mm cast version. Do you plan to offer the 36mm in the cast version in the future? I would certainly buy another 2 of those.

Done deal: I pre-ordered a straight 38mm cast unit for my '11 300.

I'll be watching closely as things progress. If the improved billet run gets done and it looks like there are any glitches or delays with the cast production, I'll be moving my cast pre-order to a billet unit.

I talked to Steve today about the 36mm die cast.....I am in for 36, looking like April to May of 13.....no biggie.....I am in!!!! 38's seem to be the hot ticket, I'm "ok" with the wait:D

Back