APT SmartCarb

i'd love to pre order a cast 36mm but the shipping costs are horrible, let alone taxes to get it over my border (belgium) :(

pre order

OK so I have completed the pre order and in my haste missed the fact i should have spoken to Steve Tutt. Any idea what additional infor he may need? Its for a 2012 300.

OK so I have completed the pre order and in my haste missed the fact i should have spoken to Steve Tutt. Any idea what additional infor he may need? Its for a 2012 300.

He shouldn't need any more information, provided you received an order confirmation. Thanks for your interest in the SmartCarb.

Corey

Order for cast version is in... and now... we wait...
waiting-bored-waiting-boy-smiley-emoticon-000413-medium.gif
waiting.gif
ththwaiting.gif
waiting.gif

I talked to Steve today about the 36mm die cast.....I am in for 36, looking like April to May of 13.....no biggie.....I am in!!!! 38's seem to be the hot ticket, I'm "ok" with the wait:D

I believe there only offering the cast 38's at this time if i'm not mistaken?

I am in for a 38

As a side note it appears like you can order other items such as:

36 or a 40 Billet

40/38 taper billet

38/36 taper billet

Albeit more money for them.

I spoke to Corey yesterday. He says Steve is working on the website and that the size choices are in error. He said that they are offering the cast and the improved billet units in straight 36, 38, and 40mm.

Fricken Internet forums, now I have to drop another 500 bucks on the bike. How can I confirm if I have 36mm or 38mm carb. I believe it is a 38mm, it's a 2011 EC300. Sorry of this is a silly question but is a 36 and 38 interchangeable? Why did GG put two different sizes on the 300?

Fricken Internet forums, now I have to drop another 500 bucks on the bike. How can I confirm if I have 36mm or 38mm carb. I believe it is a 38mm, it's a 2011 EC300. Sorry of this is a silly question but is a 36 and 38 interchangeable? Why did GG put two different sizes on the 300?

i think you can choose, depending on what you expect of it, but most take the 38 for the 300's
you don't have to stay with the std size of carb.

Your 300 should have come with a 38. I gather from my education here that there were a few with 36's likely due to supply issues from Kiehen, or QC issues at the factory, or both.
Unless you wish you had a lot more bottom end, you'll likely be happy sticking with a 38mm.

Your 300 should have come with a 38. I gather from my education here that there were a few with 36's likely due to supply issues from Kiehen, or QC issues at the factory, or both.
Unless you wish you had a lot more bottom end, you'll likely be happy sticking with a 38mm.

Thanks, on the list for 38mm.

Corey, can you give us the dimensions of the final cast version? I have one pre-ordered and I'm just curious as to how it's going to fit up.

Corey, can you give us the dimensions of the final cast version? I have one pre-ordered and I'm just curious as to how it's going to fit up.

Greetings. Currently the billet SC dimensions for the 36-40mm top pull SmartCarbs are; 3.75" (95.25mm) venturi end to end and 7.025" (178.4mm) top to bottom, same width as a Keihin or Mikuni.

There are several features of the SC that are critical to it's performance. The area under the slide is necessary for signal stability to the metering rod and fuel lift. The SC venturi features are operative both top to bottom and end to end; signal strength for the former, laminar flow and signal projection from the latter. As such, form decidedly follows function in this case and until further research can be attained we have little wiggle room to alter dimensions, especially venturi end to end.

So....we are trying to shorten the flange sections a little on the cast carbs (these are yet fully proven as we are just receiving our first samples) by a half an inch, which will put them within a quarter inch of a PWK striker. The other dimensions will remain the same as the billets (same as keihin and mikuni's more or less). If they perform as good or better then that's likely where we will wind up. They will also be a pound or more lighter. Realistically though we are finding little resistance from oem's on dimensions, they are only interested in performance and emissions. Possibly new bikes may be more accepting of the SC's added length. :D

My bike could use the extra length. Since removing the reed spacer it (PWK AS2) only just fits.

How long til the pre-order is no longer available? I want to jump on this boat but can't until I tidy a few things up. Probably be ready to order after new years. If I'm going to miss out because I wait though I may just give the credit card a workout

How long til the pre-order is no longer available? I want to jump on this boat but can't until I tidy a few things up. Probably be ready to order after new years. If I'm going to miss out because I wait though I may just give the credit card a workout

You can pre-order up until April 1. Keep in mind though later orders will be later delivered.

Back