APT SmartCarb

I tried to buy the billet on Monday. I left a message and told them if I could have it right away I'd take it. No one got back to me for 2 days(and waiting) so I figured I'd give the lectron a go and buy the cast one in the fall

Apt

I was e-mailed yesterday, saying my Cast 36mm will be @ my door my Monday-
Tuesday the latest !!! Thank you Corey.

Please disregard my last post,I just got excited.I think the package is simply gaskets,etc. from APT

Just cleaning my bike and thought I'd post up some info on my billet carb for the others, I had a problem on the long sandy whoop section where it was draining the bowl faster than it was filling , also happened on a trail ride .

Current fuel volume in bowl 50ml
Top of gasget face on bowl to fuel 18.5
Needle 59 clicks out .

I dropped the bike on a corner and found starting no problem with the new anti flood valves .
I think I'll raise the fuel level a little more and see how that goes , needle I think is not so far off , maybee a couple clicks richer , Bike idles perfect and is very progressive in the way the power comes , when on the power in the sand in was running away on me :eek: , think I'm getting too old for the mx lark :D

Last edited:
Just cleaning my bike and thought I'd post up some info on my billet carb for the others, I had a problem on the long sandy whoop section where it was draining the bowl faster than it was filling , also happened on a trail ride .

Current fuel volume in bowl 50ml
Top of gasget face on bowl to fuel 18.5
Needle 59 clicks out .

I dropped the bike on a corner and found starting no problem with the new anti flood valves .
I think I'll raise the fuel level a little more and see how that goes , needle I think is not so far off , maybee a couple clicks richer , Bike idles perfect and is very progressive in the way the power comes , when on the power in the sand in was running away on me :eek: , think I'm getting too old for the mx lark :D

Great info! You're a little low on the float level (should be around 19.68mm (.775") from gasket surface to top of fuel). I'm thinking that now we may want to use a larger needle and seat, currently a 3.0, may want to go up to a 3.5. Let me know if you would like to try a 3.5 for your sand conditions.

Last edited:
Iv altered it to around 15mm from top of gasget with about 62ml of fuel in bowl , I took it for a quick run up the road and it seems to be ok , I'm at 58 to 60 turns out on the needle , 57 turns out and it seems to get a little lazy on the bottom end

Were we given any date estimate? I thought we were gonna get a new date in May. My apologies if this has been answered already.

Back