APT SmartCarb

Hopefully today or they dropped the ball again

To Our Pre-Order Customers,

This is the May 16th update for our pre-order customers regarding progress on the
38mm cast APT SmartCarb.

Here's where we're at:

Revision A evaluation SmartCarb castings have just arrived from our casting suppliers. APT expects that these castings will meet our high quality standards and that we can rapidly move forward with a production run to satisfy our pre-orders.

Here's what we need to do:

We will immediately begin evaluation and testing to make sure that the cast SmartCarbs perform as expected and ensure that we release only the highest quality product.

We expect evaluation testing to be completed within the next few days. Because of the critical evaluation APT cannot at this time announce a specific release date for cast 38mm SmartCarbs. An update will be provided on the results of the evaluation on May 23, at which time we will be able to announce a firm date for the 38mm cast SmartCarb release.

The APT SmartCarb team is working diligently and tirelessly to deliver the best product to you without sacrificing quality. Your patience is appreciated as we move ahead.

-Corey Dyess,
APT Founding Partner and Head of Development

I respect the way this is being done, it's handled correctly, and I expect nothing less than excellence when it arrives. Far better than rushing something out the door to meet a date. I've been in Corey's shoes and its not easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think it's rediculous and am glad there not holding my money for an "indefinite" amount of time while they test. I'm make promises to customers week in and week out and if I don't deliver it means recourse on my company in fines and likely moving on to my competition. I will make no excuse for the handling of this because a pre order should have never been started if this was even a remote possibility.

I don't think anyone is rushing Corey here.

In the email it said "We will announce a more specific date for the cast
SmartCarb release on May 16th."

Now in the big scheme of things we only have to wait a week for a supposed firm date vs. a more specific date on the 16th. Not a big deal but it also isn't what they said.

Therefore my question on the what if scenario is completely valid and certainly not pushy at this point.

I am encouraged about the recent turn of events because I have a GG250f and really am excited about what an FCR SmartCarb replacement could do for it, and this whole process is going to speed this up according to Corey. If the one on the 2Stroke works as good as many say I will be getting one for my 250f when they become available.

When I give up money based on just a promise and there are multiple setbacks I am certainly within being reasonable to ask pointed questions.

I have been screwed by people on this very board which right up till the time I got hosed would have NEVER thought anything was wrong...and for a hell of a lot more than 400 bucks.

Some may just not care when they get it...that's cool. Some may be overly trusting...that's cool too, but to tell people they aren't right for asking reasonable questions when two dates slip. That is just wrong.

DISCLOSURE: I believe that APT will deliver a carb and it will be of good to above average quality at a reasonable price. I do not own a lectron nor do I anticipate buying one...NOR do I think they are comparable. I will most likely buy 3 carbs depending on what other models they release and time frames. I am not mad but I am disappointed. I feel like I am being completely reasonable on this, but I also think it would be reasonable to impeach Obama from what I have seen...so there you have it.

+ 1.....

We'll said... except the Obama bit..

I don't think anyone is rushing Corey here.

In the email it said "We will announce a more specific date for the cast
SmartCarb release on May 16th."

Now in the big scheme of things we only have to wait a week for a supposed firm date vs. a more specific date on the 16th. Not a big deal but it also isn't what they said.

Therefore my question on the what if scenario is completely valid and certainly not pushy at this point.

I am encouraged about the recent turn of events because I have a GG250f and really am excited about what an FCR SmartCarb replacement could do for it, and this whole process is going to speed this up according to Corey. If the one on the 2Stroke works as good as many say I will be getting one for my 250f when they become available.

When I give up money based on just a promise and there are multiple setbacks I am certainly within being reasonable to ask pointed questions.

I have been screwed by people on this very board which right up till the time I got hosed would have NEVER thought anything was wrong...and for a hell of a lot more than 400 bucks.

Some may just not care when they get it...that's cool. Some may be overly trusting...that's cool too, but to tell people they aren't right for asking reasonable questions when two dates slip. That is just wrong.

DISCLOSURE: I believe that APT will deliver a carb and it will be of good to above average quality at a reasonable price. I do not own a lectron nor do I anticipate buying one...NOR do I think they are comparable. I will most likely buy 3 carbs depending on what other models they release and time frames. I am not mad but I am disappointed. I feel like I am being completely reasonable on this, but I also think it would be reasonable to impeach Obama from what I have seen...so there you have it.

Trev.
You don't even have a SmartCarb on order.
Why to you keep taking jabs at APT? :confused:

I'm still going to get one as I've stated in previous posts, but I was waiting for someone to say that and it's not jabs its the simple truth and want to express my opinion on the subject that's all. I wasn't aware I couldn't comment due to the fact I canceled my pre order??? I'm am all for the carb and its tech just not the way the pre order was and still is being handled that's all.

I have to agree with Trev on this matter.. and Glenn too!

I don't see anyone taking jabs at anyone. All I see is a company with a product, a good product, who saw an opportunity and went too hard too fast. Now they're in salvage mode and doing the best they can to handle things properly. In hindsight I'm sure Corey wouldn't do the whole preorder payment thing. Hindsights wonderful like that. IN the meantime, they have been holding alot of peoples money, on a promise, which they haven't filled. As stated, some are ok with that, but I know personally I was well pissed off. I may be the fool here who upgraded to a billet model when my instincts told me to pull my money and spend elsewhere, but time will tell that story.

I just hope for all those who still have money invested in their cast models that it doesn't blow out into another 6 month wait. No offence to anyone here (Corey included), and props to Liz at APT who has been more than helpful and approachable through the whole ordeal.

+1 on Liz she was very pleasant to deal with as was Steve, I told him if he had called me 2 days earlier I'd have the billet now Instead of my lectron. We are going to talk after all is sorted and I order my SC about the differences between the 2 for feedback. You worded it a lot better than me jake, no taking jabs here I think you just clarified it better than i( I'm chasing 2 little boys around 99% of my time lately)

Not saying I like the situation, but I prefer it be handled as it is up front than a rush job. Maybe I'll have it by the time the Lectron cables are figured out. Just kidding!

Not saying I like the situation, but I prefer it be handled as it is up front than a rush job. Maybe I'll have it by the time the Lectron cables are figured out. Just kidding!

Your 100% right there , there are too many things out there that are rushed into production that are just not perfected , like you id rather wait until the product is good to go than get something that is nearly there .

I have got to a point with my carb where i am very happy , i had a good event on sunday where i placed 4th in sportsman and 2nd in capacity , however id likely have been 1st if it were not for a guy blocking my way on the special test :rolleyes: , causing me to get stuck in a load of tree roots , the bike is very predictable now , great torque down low and rolls on all the way to a the top in a very electric like way.
Corey has also been great to deal with , when iv mailed him for advice he always gets back promptly , hopefully there should be a small package of parts for me too play with soon that corey is sending out to me , i can only commend the service i have had , thanks corey :D
Nobody likes delays , but corey has been up front and honest and you are going to get something great at the end of it , what more could you ask for :D

+1 Diggs,
Corey has been there 100%. I love my billet 38. I also have a cast 36 on
order,no mention of there time frame.No worries. I am eagerly waiting.

+1 Diggs,
Corey has been there 100%. I love my billet 38. I also have a cast 36 on
order,no mention of there time frame.No worries. I am eagerly waiting.

Appreciate the understanding. I put the new 38 cast samples together Thursday and had them on and running in short order. The low speed issues seem to be solved, bodies are tight and they perform really well. We should have all we need to know by the 23rd in order to light this cannon and get some carbs out the door. :D

Appreciate the understanding. I put the new 38 cast samples together Thursday and had them on and running in short order. The low speed issues seem to be solved, bodies are tight and they perform really well. We should have all we need to know by the 23rd in order to light this cannon and get some carbs out the door. :D

Good news!

How many clicks different on average for an in the ballpark 125cc setting compared to that for a 250cc as delevired? I'm gettting ready to sell my GGs so this will likely end up on a KX125 first.

Hang in there guys,i,ve been playing with a billet smart carb,a lectron,and a rb modded pwk.And in that order.I kind of got used to how good the apt is,and now all the others feel just ok.I will wait patiently for my cast apt.I am just glad someone put time in to make such a great product

Back