APT SmartCarb

Hang in there guys,i,ve been playing with a billet smart carb,a lectron,and a rb modded pwk.And in that order.I kind of got used to how good the apt is,and now all the others feel just ok.I will wait patiently for my cast apt.I am just glad someone put time in to make such a great product

So you recomment the apt?
What is exactly the differente between the apt and lectron? They both Look like the same.
Which One is the best for a 144cc?

So you recomment the apt?
What is exactly the differente between the apt and lectron? They both Look like the same.
Which One is the best for a 144cc?

If your thinking about putting one on a Yamaha YZ 125/144 both are too long. You would have to cut the airboot to make it fit. Even then, the shock is in the way. I was not willing to do that so I passed. The TMXx is about 76mm end to end, the Lectron and APT are close to 90mm.

If your talking Husky......no problem...plenty of room!

That will fit no problem, our GG125 had the PWK AS1 with plenty of roof.

The APT is a fully compensated system, and self tunes for demand and air density. Once you wrap your head around the science and undrstand, you realize it is superior and the wait will be worth it. That is why they can use just one metering rod for all but extreme applications. Its also a lot easier to tune on the bike, just hold the throttle open and turn the adjuster. There is a reason why this is taking its time and Lectrons have been available for awhile now.

Sound like the apt is the tropic on my custom made ec144
Doss any one know what is the right Diameter?
I Run right now 38mm PWK.

Corey has said that a 38 APT gives the torque of a 36 down low and a lot more farther up, so it sounds like a no loose situation for a 38.

Your cast Version!?!?!?
I have One of 5 ec144 i know about, don't you think my Bike is worth the smart carb? ;-)

When you for yours please let US know about the quality and the Performance.

Sure you deserve one, just not mine.:) I got my preorder in real early, right after it opened, so I expect to get mine early as well.

How many clicks different on average for an in the ballpark 125cc setting compared to that for a 250cc as delevired? I'm gettting ready to sell my GGs so this will likely end up on a KX125 first.

You should be within just several clicks between the bikes. There can be quite a few variables but it's usually very close. Those of you who read the CafeHusky forum may remember they sent a SC out to five or more, I believe, different people with different bikes, ranging from 300 down to the 165 kitted husky's and the total difference in clicks between the various bikes was 13 clicks (or .020" adjustment) according to the reports. :D

You should be within just several clicks between the bikes. There can be quite a few variables but it's usually very close. Those of you who read the CafeHusky forum may remember they sent a SC out to five or more, I believe, different people with different bikes, ranging from 300 down to the 165 kitted husky's and the total difference in clicks between the various bikes was 13 clicks (or .020" adjustment) according to the reports. :D

YEP and it ain't comming off the 165 Husky again...well unless I sell the bike :D.

Okay I got the APT Billet installed. Bike started right up. Just need to put the subframe back on all the way and some of the other bits. I'm busy though with the kiddo...so I'll have to wait till she goes down for another nap in a few hours.

Maybe then a test ride around the neighborhood. :D

Cool. What bike? Look forward to reading your hood test :D. Congrats.

Yep bike started right up.

Found the idle screw needed adjusted, not a huge deal. Bike idles, I went for a ride and it runs, might be slightly too rich but I need a good proper ride to know. Hoping to go when wife gets home from work, so more to come.

First Start (Helps to have fuel & Choke on):
http://youtu.be/5bOzpJXkhd0

First Idle
http://youtu.be/RNitSgh8nGQ

Back