APT SmartCarb

Corey,

You mentioned here in this thread that some of the key improvements on the cast version would be available for retrofit to billet owners.
I think it was float, check-valve, and perhaps needle seat with a larger dia. fuel supply.

-Is this still the case?
-If so, do you have an availability date and estimated cost?

I'm keen on a retro-fit of all improved items. Thanks!!

I have the larger needles and seats, tip over valves now. I will provide you no charge. Plastic floats will not fit in billets unfortunately.

off topic

Corey while you're around can you give us some dyno figures on the gassers
It was a thread topic not long ago .
200 250 300
Thanks
Stoby

Corey , I got that part you sent to stop the bogging , put it in last night and didn't get any bogging on the few small jumps I did in the woods so hopefully it's sorted , thanks pal

Corey while you're around can you give us some dyno figures on the gassers
It was a thread topic not long ago .
200 250 300
Thanks
Stoby

Well, I don't seem to have any on my laptop. I'll have to get them off the dyno tomorrow. I'll post some in the next day or so.:D

my mate has a stock exc 300 2011 and we swapped bikes today for a short while , after riding mine his bike felt flat , he came off mine and siad that is balistic :D , just keeps on pulling

I received my 38mm cast SmartCarb today looks good will try to begin install as soon as possible.

Harold

The suspense is killing me!

Sorry, The SC worked amazing from bottom to 1/2 throttle and idled perfectly. It really is the shizznizzle. The 165 really wants a rich setting from half throttle to WOT which is consistent with all previous carbs and settings I have used. It likes to flow a lot of volume but the engine architecture isn't ideal for promoting hi signal strength at the higher rpms. Thus it wants larger orifices to flow enough fuel with the low vacuum pressure. That's my theory anyway.

Corey is sending me their next 3 richer rods to try and compensate for the 165's needs. I should have them tomorrow or so and will report back. I was really surprise by how well the SC worked in the initial 1/2 throttle. Really caught me out and almost delivered a dirt enema just shifting on the bottom. The 165's run great on the bottom to mid but the SC raised it to a different level. No Dyno needed to quantify the difference.

I was able to adjust the rod enough to almost have full use of the throttle range but this ended up leading to a rich condition on the very bottom/idle. It still ran and idled but it was noticeably less crisp.

The new Cast Smart Carb's are really a nice piece of kit. Very well done manual and certainly a superior carb to the Billet SC that I previously tried. When I do an actual review I will post pics and discuss all the ins and outs.

I have been able to do some more sorting before I head off south to ride for two weeks tomorrow. Corey has personally called me to discuss the Husky 165's particular demands and quickly sent me richer rods that this motor needs. I ended up using the richest rod that he sent me and it is working very well.

The motor is still extremely crisp bottom the mid and really works well. It now pulls all the way through the top and has added top end. I am seeing more than 3mph increase in top end over any other carb with my current setup. I still don't have enough time in real riding situations to give a thorough review but at this point all aspects are pointing up.

I can say that no matter what rod I have installed they have been one kick starters cold or hot with the suggested settings. I had to considerably over adjust either rich or lean to effect this even a little. When cold starting I do give it a slow initial kick through to pull some vacuum through the carb. I then give it a stab and the bike has yet to not start on the first kick with this method cold. The motor just starts and immediately settles into a nice consistent idle. It does this no matter what is happening from wide open pulls to a stop or just mucking around on the bottom end. Very consistent idle and bottom end.

I hope to be ripping around the Arizona desert by Sunday and will give a full review after I have a couple of days of hard riding.

I have been able to do some more sorting before I head off south to ride for two weeks tomorrow. Corey has personally called me to discuss the Husky 165's particular demands and quickly sent me richer rods that this motor needs. I ended up using the richest rod that he sent me and it is working very well.

The motor is still extremely crisp bottom the mid and really works well. It now pulls all the way through the top and has added top end. I am seeing more than 3mph increase in top end over any other carb with my current setup. I still don't have enough time in real riding situations to give a thorough review but at this point all aspects are pointing up.

I can say that no matter what rod I have installed they have been one kick starters cold or hot with the suggested settings. I had to considerably over adjust either rich or lean to effect this even a little. When cold starting I do give it a slow initial kick through to pull some vacuum through the carb. I then give it a stab and the bike has yet to not start on the first kick with this method cold. The motor just starts and immediately settles into a nice consistent idle. It does this no matter what is happening from wide open pulls to a stop or just mucking around on the bottom end. Very consistent idle and bottom end.

I hope to be ripping around the Arizona desert by Sunday and will give a full review after I have a couple of days of hard riding.

Where at in AZ will you be riding Sunday? Steve Beane (Twowheels) and I will be out at the Mile Markers Sunday.

Back