APT SmartCarb

Corey, so did the deliveries just change for the late orders? Just curious because the pre order introduction stated nothing of a change from the may 1st shipping for payment agreement? I was surprised at that email as I thought that was the purpose of the pre order? First in first out is fine but the conditions on the apt site for pre payment said shipping by may 1st and am now wondering if it could be as late as June? Can you clarify?

Another question for Corey. Will the cast carb be available in smaller bores? I'd prefer a 34 or 36 instead of a 38.

They now have it setup for preorders on all sizes, I believe in both cast as well as billet version.

Another question for Corey. Will the cast carb be available in smaller bores? I'd prefer a 34 or 36 instead of a 38.

36mm billet are currently available and cast 36mm can be pre ordered right now. A 34 to 30mm is a different family size and will be coming next year.

Corey, so did the deliveries just change for the late orders? Just curious because the pre order introduction stated nothing of a change from the may 1st shipping for payment agreement? I was surprised at that email as I thought that was the purpose of the pre order? First in first out is fine but the conditions on the apt site for pre payment said shipping by may 1st and am now wondering if it could be as late as June? Can you clarify?

The struggle is continual with the guys working on the website. This is not my department so I'm counting on them to take what I say and get it right. The reality is and as I have always stated, shipping begins the 1st of May. First in first out is the policy. Just like with shipping our pre order billets this week. We go right down the line in order as ordered. We now have so many cast 38mm orders and many last minute orders from GG it will take all month to get them out and probably then some. The later orders being the last to ship.

So....GasGas will be shipped with the SmartCarb? If so big congrats :D.

GasGas is currently undergoing a large restructure, having just sold 77% of the company. The homologation process is long and arduous in the EU to certify a new fuel system, typically two years. To speed up the process we are testing with Christini here (on new GG's, two and four strokes) in the US for emissions evaluation and will start that work next week in California. Hopefully with good results we will be able to fall in line with GG to move a little faster and move into the certification process. As such it will still likely be 2015 before we see a production SC on an OEM. Could happen sooner but will require the factories to move a little faster.

Thanks for the reply Corey. I'm still up in the air as to which new bike I'll be getting but if it has a carb that isn't a SmartCarb when I get it, it soon will have one.

Got my Billet 38 via USPS yesterday!

Piece of cake install by lifting the subframe. As expected, the longer length made for a more confident seal at the rear to the airbox where I used to have to fiddle and take care not to accidentally have a gap.

I ended up at 30 to 35 clicks lean from the as delivered setting. I was a bit surprised by that. It seems to be running well, but I wonder if there isn't an underlying problem I'm masking with my drastic metering rod position. Possibly a poor sealing choke circuit or bad metering rod with imperfections in the idle area?
I only ask because a couple of early purchasers dealt with those issues.

Also, anyone have any issues with the lean angle required to keep the bowl away from the chain on the GG?

I was able to get it adjusted pretty close, but I'll need to log a little more time to get it fine tuned. I've only had one short ride (approx 15 miles). All single track, so no WOT.

It is very smooth and torquey off idle. It is also especially smooth and controlled as it transitions onto the "pipe." I really, really like how linear the power is delivered.

I'll be in Moab at the end of next week and will get to wring her out: deep sand, flowing single-track, and some very rocky technical sections.
I'm especially looking forward to the technical riding. I can tell that the smoothness of the power delivery will make me the hero of our riding group on the tougher trails.

New to this forum and mostly for APT carb info. I have a Husaberg 300 I am considering the APT carb for. I ride a mixture of desert, track and technical single track and wonder if I should stay with a 36 mm carb or go with the 38mm. I want to maintain or improve my bottom end response and gain on the top end are great but not paramount. I welcome thoughts or opinions on what your experience has been with the billet models. Thanks

New to this forum and mostly for APT carb info. I have a Husaberg 300 I am considering the APT carb for. I ride a mixture of desert, track and technical single track and wonder if I should stay with a 36 mm carb or go with the 38mm. I want to maintain or improve my bottom end response and gain on the top end are great but not paramount. I welcome thoughts or opinions on what your experience has been with the billet models. Thanks

Have you been on the Husky Forum?
There is a guy on there, Kelly from Motospotz who has done tons of testing with Carbs and is now working directly on design of the Lectron.

I did see some of his posts on that forum as well. I meant to call him as I have one of his steering stabilizers. I will see what he thinks is a good fit for my riding style based on his experience with the APT.

I think Corey answered this one a long time ago. Basically the 38 will at least maintain the low end of the 36 with gains everywhere else.

For a 250 or 300 I would go with the 38. I have the 36 on my 165 Husky and it's perfect. I would also put a 36 on a 200. IMO a 38 would be best on your bike or any 250/300. We removed my sons RB modded carb off his 2011 TM 250 MX and put my 36 SC on it for a test. Bottom through mid was stronger with the top about the same. As smooth as the SC makes a bike run I just feel with a 38 on the bigger bikes (250/300) gains would be everywhere with no loss or give up anywhere. Just my .02.

Back