APT SmartCarb

What is a Rev C shorty? Can you expand on this?

Thanks

We're developing a 36 and 38 mm that will be shorter end to end to accommodate the link bikes that have space restriction. Our target is to be equal to the PWK ASII in length and fitment for this category.

I canceled mine in May but had to laugh when I recieved a recent email saying I should pre order now so I don't miss out on the first production run??? guys that have been on the list from the beginning haven't gotten there's yet but there saying i can still have one this run???? I think I'll wait until there is a steady flow of carbs coming out of APT before I give them my money again.

Yep, our marketing team is overzealous and somewhat misinformed. Trying to clean this mess up today. Sorry for the delay Trev and hope to have you back soon.

woohoo

At least you'll be able to give us a cold weather/winter evaluation
Glad to hear you may actually be getting it
I'm looking forward to some evaluations
Stoby

We're developing a 36 and 38 mm that will be shorter end to end to accommodate the link bikes that have space restriction. Our target is to be equal to the PWK ASII in length and fitment for this category.

Do you know what the overall length will be? 76mm perhaps?

Thanks

I am actually #2 on the list and Liz told me yesterday that it would be Friday. I got the impression that they are being held up by the machining process being completed in a timely fashion. I will report as soon as I get a tracking #.

WB

Are you in a position to install it when you get it and check it out or are you waiting for next year?

I will be bolting it on immediately and doing some back to back testing with my well setup Lectron. I will be taking it south in the immediate future and riding it extensively. I will have the SC in my '12 Husky 165 and the Lectron will be in my '09 Husky 165. These bikes are nearly identical in the motor department. As close as two motors can be.

If I can manage the time I will try to get both up to a Dyno 50 miles north of me for some side by side work.

Just as a base line, I am averaging between 35-39 mpg with the Lectron on varied single track riding. Previously I was lucky to get better than 20-22 mpg with either a perfect RB Designs Mikuni or a well setup Airstriker. I am a 200# dripping wet old fat guy that tries hard. I can keep up with most guys and would probably be a mid pack B rider in my present condition if I had to race. Maybe a bit faster if I was in shape. I tend to carry enough "stuff" in my pack to do an entire engine re-build on the trail. Riding weight is north of 245#'s. Oh by the way the Husky 165 is the bomb and yes I am a bit biased.

So?

Corey are all the carbs spoken for ? If not how long will the 38s be available ?
Also when do you think there will be regular production runs? I'd just like some reviews on the updates etc. before I plunk down my hard earned credit.
Stoby

Corey are all the carbs spoken for ? If not how long will the 38s be available ?
Also when do you think there will be regular production runs? I'd just like some reviews on the updates etc. before I plunk down my hard earned credit.
Stoby
As soon as the pre-orders go out the door there will be roughly 75 cast 38s left of this run. We will continue to build 38s from here on out and will add 36s and 40s to this cast family size. We don't foresee any additional changes in the near future and have tried to get this carb to our finest level to date. Many more sizes and models coming soon and a four stroke 40mm shortly after the first of the year.

Corey,

You mentioned here in this thread that some of the key improvements on the cast version would be available for retrofit to billet owners.
I think it was float, check-valve, and perhaps needle seat with a larger dia. fuel supply.

-Is this still the case?
-If so, do you have an availability date and estimated cost?

I'm keen on a retro-fit of all improved items. Thanks!!

Back